Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can I get a quick opinion..........

for that price i would look at a bumber vette good luck with whatever you pick ..

yes been watching that.

Hi MarkB as you stated i noticed the 1980 its on ebay , also very nice car,. i was the third or forth person to give you an opinion at the start, and i am now thinking it is more like around $13500 TO $14000, the auto at mikes is already up to $ 13800 and is silver only 35000mls, has air con,has 23 bids, with a couple of days to go, so it may go to over $15000 or more, some interesting facts for you to think about ,in1979 there where14516, L82 built, in 1980 there was only 5069 built, and in 1979 the m21 close ratio 4 sp 4062 built, but in 1980 the manual 4sp was not available with the L82 option, with the exception of a few at the start of production , quote # corvette black book 2007.i also think the white manual, from the pictures looks more pristine than mikes, 1980, so what it boils down to is if you prefer manual better go get it before it disapears. regards best of luck.

I'm taking a friend to look at this car tomorrow morning early.
I just need him to budge a little and I'm there....

I know the naysayers will say "Old C-3 who cares" but I am
excited about getting it..:chuckle

Wish me luck :grouphug:

Mark

I know the naysayers will say "Old C-3 who cares" but I am excited about getting it..:chuckle
When have no vette in your driveway, getting any vette should be exciting! :upthumbs

I remember the day I finally found my '79 and made the deal on it. It is my first (hopefully not my last) Corvette and it was a great feeling to drive it home. C3's are always head turners where ever you go. Good luck!

I'm taking a friend to look at this car tomorrow morning early.
I just need him to budge a little and I'm there....

I know the naysayers will say "Old C-3 who cares" but I am
excited about getting it..:chuckle

Wish me luck :grouphug:

Mark

Good luck tomorrow, Mark. You really like this car so just go ahead and buy it, and don't forget to let us know how it goes. -JS

...Damn computers! Oh, did I mention that I am a Information Technology Professional...:rotfl

Huh. They aren't that bad... I guess it just depends on the system its tied too. 24lb injectors, SLP runners, ported plenum and base...

L82back.jpg

Then again, I've done the computer thing twice now... 2007 and 1998

TPI_Nov_02.JPG

:D

Mark- good luck. I hope it turns out to be the Vette you are hoping for. It sounds like a great car and a great deal.

If it isn't - just build itthe way you want it to be.

A final post concerning this purchase.........

Well I took my body man to look at the car Saturday. And he loved the originality of it along with the condition. He suspected one small bump on the left rear quarter, but said if it was repaired, it was done well, not perfect, but not bad.

The problem is $15k will not buy this car. He is pretty firm on his price.
So in the interim, I have come across a very nice '85 for sale on "that other forum". 2 owners, every option except Z51 and 23k original miles. The car was actually already judged 95 points NCRS back in March 2003. He lost a bunch of points for the completely un-original ZR-1 wheels and tires, and still scored 95 points. The judges said it was the 2nd 1985 Corvette to garner Top Flight in the country.

Is all that a big deal ? Definetly not, but it means the car is in real nice condition.
So let the slams begin :D "they made a lot of 85's etc..etc....." All I wanted was a nice car I could drive this Summer and enjoy, and this should fit the bill quite nicely. And it is a 4 speed so I don't have to give it to the wife :chuckle .

I have made a "gentleman's agreement" in principle with the owner, and we are
just trying to figure out the 400 mile distance between us.
For those inquisitive enough to care, the price was right around $15k for this car.
Probably too much, but it has all the right stuff in it, and I love love love the sport seats in those cars. I think they make the interior just that much more special.

Comments are not only welcomed, they are valued :grouphug:
Thanks,
Mark B.

400 miles makes a nice "getting to know you" trip fly out drive back :upthumbs:upthumbs enjoy your purchase from day one. Good luck

Mark,
CONGRATS on the new car.
Best of luck, and enjoy!

Sounds like you grabbed a nice car.. pics ? ;)

:upthumbs

Good luck on your Vette.....I had a C-4 but always wanted a nice C-3. I looked and looked for a long time and then I found a nice C-3 and I love it.I sold the C-4 and got the Vette I wanted in the first place...The C-3 has a great body style and a real head turner for sure......Good Luck on your Vette no matter what year you get.:D

Mark, good news. It sounds like you are very happy. Send pics when you can...Jeff.

I really like white C3's.About the only year that white looks good on a Vette.A white C5 will go by without even a glance but a C3 well,thats a different story.This is just me but I would have found a way to get that white 79.Beautiful car,inside and out.Spoliers are a cheap add on.A few $$ for the polished alum wheels and your there!!!

".... So let the slams begin :D "they made a lot of 85's etc..etc....."

Mark,

As long as you got the Vette you wanted, we're all happy for ya brother!

Congrats!

Ralph
:w

C3s and C4s are apples and oranges, and I really enjoy driving both for different reasons.

Best of Luck!

I was gonna put this in a PM, but ahh whatever! :LOL (Flame Suit ON)
I just never cared for the '79 due to the styling (which would also include the 77 & 78), it was a heavy car, and short of having the L82 in it (which helped only a little), it was doggedly slow.

Putting the spoilers on the front & rear certainly helps the looks, but then ya might as well buy an '80 and get all the other refinements that came with it. (I don't care the '81 and up due to me being light-heartedly anti-computers for our cars.)

I also think that the front and rear spoilers look better when the are molded (80-82) rather than bolted on (78-79). The cars did get lighter every year. The 1982 is lighter than 1981 (thinner glass, reduced weight in door panels, etc). And my 82 is even lighter with all of the computer/EFI/emissions equipment removed. I hate computers in cars, and I am a software developer... go figure...

15k is TOO high for a 1985. If all you want is something to drive on summer nights, I co-worker of mine is selling a 1984 for $5k. yeah, you'd have CrossFire injection, but all you want is something to drive on summer nights. Anything over 9K for a C4 (unless it is a grand sport or something) is too high. In my opinion.

Well I took my body man to look at the car Saturday. And he loved the originality of it along with the condition. He suspected one small bump on the left rear quarter, but said if it was repaired, it was done well, not perfect, but not bad.

The problem is $15k will not buy this car. He is pretty firm on his price.
So in the interim, I have come across a very nice '85 for sale on "that other forum". 2 owners, every option except Z51 and 23k original miles. The car was actually already judged 95 points NCRS back in March 2003. He lost a bunch of points for the completely un-original ZR-1 wheels and tires, and still scored 95 points. The judges said it was the 2nd 1985 Corvette to garner Top Flight in the country.

Is all that a big deal ? Definetly not, but it means the car is in real nice condition.
So let the slams begin :D "they made a lot of 85's etc..etc....." All I wanted was a nice car I could drive this Summer and enjoy, and this should fit the bill quite nicely. And it is a 4 speed so I don't have to give it to the wife :chuckle .

I have made a "gentleman's agreement" in principle with the owner, and we are
just trying to figure out the 400 mile distance between us.
For those inquisitive enough to care, the price was right around $15k for this car.
Probably too much, but it has all the right stuff in it, and I love love love the sport seats in those cars. I think they make the interior just that much more special.

Comments are not only welcomed, they are valued :grouphug:
Thanks,
Mark B.

A buddy of mine just purchased a 2 owner,1988 white on red convertible (white top) with 31K original miles on the clock for $14.5.

I told him it was too much "before" I saw the car, but after I saw it I was thinking "I" would have bought it for the same money if I had the opportunity. It was absolutely flawless, and it's a car he can drive worry free since he's definitely not a wrench.

He told me after seeing the car he didn't even haggle with the guy, and just paid him what he wanted. The seller was a 72 year old gentlemen who's owned corvettes for the last 50 years. He wants his last vette to be a C5 and he's using the proceeds from the sale of this car to put towards his "new" one, a '97 coupe.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom