Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Polish

KEYED!!!!!

Rob:

No, it happened before we pulled the motor. I'm back on the road again now. After I sort out the mechanicals and break in the new motor I'll start on the cosmetics.

Rob,

You should give Zanio Bros. a call. They might be good for the CAC and it's members. 732-833-8800 or check out www.zainobros.com first. I switched to Zanio a year ago and the car looks great. The best thing that I have found on a black car is the static electricity is reduced and dust does not attract to it as bad. It is a full days job for the initial application, but the results will be the best your car has ever looked.

Dave

PS - I don't sell the stuff, I just support products that really work.

Rob: It has to be the ease of application followed by the superior results. As Dave said once the groundwork is done .. it's a piece of cake! Click on the provided link and find someone near. For years Sal Zaino was disappointed with the quality of shine he was able to get on his show cars...... he solved the problem!

Keying Cars.. only one explanation.. JEALOUSY
It's the sh!ts for sure!! We try to park ours (as most of us do I'm sure!) within view wherever we go. However, it's not always possible. If I were ever to find a SOB doing that to ANY car.. Somebody would have to restrain me!!

Dare I say "I wasn't impressed with Zanio"

I hear all the hype and the hoopla about this super wax... A Close friend of mine has a 1980 beautiful Black on Black Corvette "BLACKDOG". Well the DoG goes and buys all the product I forget how many steps there are.. He spends two or three weekends waxing, polishing and getting the BlackDog looking really nice. He comes down from the hills to visit and I just finish waxing mine, we compare notes, shine, depth and feel. Mine has original Laq. paint from 1981 Charcoal Gray (84L). Also the Rare81 had sat for about 4 years in a drive way in Rochester Hills Michigan before I found her and brought her to California, and BLACKDOG couldn't believe the transformation from Just ONE waxing with KLASSE wax.

To nip this in the "Bud" I think most products are good, some better than others... But PLEASE there is NO one product that is right for everyone.. I am very satisfied with the Results I get from KLASSE car care products, but it may not be right for anyone else, I'm too old to be preached at and choose the sermans I want to hear...

Sorry I just had to vent...

BudD
:w

Tanzanite3 said:
...If I were ever to find a SOB doing that to ANY car.. Somebody would have to restrain me!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And if I'm with you somebody better have some extra strong restraints. :r

Rare81 said:
...Sorry I just had to vent.

He-he-he. :L

Ken

OK

[soapbox]
You will not hear another word out of me about Zaino unless it is a direct response to a question. As a matter of fact if you check back through this thread you will see that my initial comment was short and humorous and helpful. The others were to respond/embellish or in general an attempt to assist. I will give my impressions and I always have an opinion (not always a good thing!) :) You and all other people in this world are entitled to your own preferences and opinions. I would never want to change that! However, I think that Zaino is the best polish I have ever seen or used(PERIOD).
[/soapbox]

Opinions

Hey Tanzanite3:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel! Hehehe :):):).

Great Question

Thanks everyone :D
Now some of the rest of us who just read the endorsments can benefit too. Come on Spring! Wa-Hoo

Montana

Well I also use Zaino,I found it to be superior in my case anyway to most polishes out there. After recently trading in a 96, the dealer had asked me if I had the car wet sanded and clear coated..nope I said,,just Zaino. I do believe I got more trade in money because of it. But I fully agree, that when it comes to waxes and polishes it's all about what works best for you

Zaino is great stuff. You'll find 99.9% of the people using it say so. They all can't be "dealers". If you don't want to spend the money or the time, DON'T. No one is twisting anyone's arm. If you have a light colored car, it's probably not worth using it. But if you have a dark colored car, you know how tough it is to keep looking good. TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT :cool:

95 PurpleRag said:
...If you have a light colored car, it's probably not worth using it. But if you have a dark colored car, you know how tough it is to keep looking good. TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT :cool:

Thanks for pointing that out, 95. ;)

Ken

Had seen a lot of favorable comments about Zaino...Saw some at Costco Wholesale and bought some...Goes on easy, and comes off easy, looks as good as any Meguiars product I have used

Re: OK

Tanzanite3 said:
[soapbox]
You will not hear another word out of me about Zaino unless it is a direct response to a question. As a matter of fact if you check back through this thread you will see that my initial comment was short and humorous and helpful. The others were to respond/embellish or in general an attempt to assist. I will give my impressions and I always have an opinion (not always a good thing!) :) You and all other people in this world are entitled to your own preferences and opinions. I would never want to change that! However, I think that Zaino is the best polish I have ever seen or used(PERIOD).
[/soapbox]

That's a class act. And any helpful information/knowledge is always welcomed. I too like it and use it, but it has been my past experience that wars start because some will use a public Forum as an opportunity to shamelessly plug a product. Extra income is always the route of all evil.
My 2 cents!!
Try everything and make up your own mind.

No endorsements Barbie

Pleasure Pig

Hey! Pleasure Pig,

:J Was there an automobile in your photo? :J

Montana

Cheap and easy

Now that I have your attention. For the price you will have to try very hard to beat a spit shine with Finish 2001. My trusty t-shirt and I made my wife's 1991 (German car) look like brand new. Spit shine is easy to do with your favorite polish, a t-shirt and a spray bottle of detailing spray. If you have lots of time, the more you do, the better it looks.

I always use somthing different, I am still looking for the perfect shine but so far my favorite is mothers wax. I use the pre-wax swirl hider and then the cabruna wax.

Florida Bug Splatter on the Nose

We just purchased a Black 1997 C5. The previous owner didn't get the Florida bug splatter off the nose and the acid from the critters has etched the surface of the front nose, license plate opening cover and some of the hood. I have tried lite compound and Mother's Carnuba. The bugs left "pits" in the surface and so even with plenty of elbow grease, the damage remains visible. I have opted for a Wolf one-piece front mask (bra) for the time being as a low-cost alternative until I consult with some experienced body-men. Any suggestions?? :W:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom