Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cat Piss (not a joke)

65-to-00

The "performance task of the day" is dealing with the smell of cat urine. :mad

Wife had cats that got booted out of the house and ended up living in the garage for the winter .... long story short .... they were wild, brought in (even I have a soft side) ... and are now back outside because they tore up the house and ...

I swear it was anger at being given the boot from the house, they started to urinate on the windshield of the car. I even tried to put boxes and stuff up there and they kept moving it off.

Went to go for a ride yesterday in the nice warm sun ... and all I could smell was cat pee coming in the vents.

Arggggggggggggggggggggggggg! :puke:bash:mad:hb

I think they were spraying right at the base of the windshield so it's coming in the air vents.

They puked there a few times too. Other than the puke you could never see anything but my wife swore she saw them doing it (peeing) ... and I finally found some traces (like spray droplets) ... kinda sticky and yucky.

Nah! They never got into the car ... but the vent/air intakes .... yechhhhhhh!

I'm going to try some lightly scented water down there followed by a trip to the ....... car wash .... for the volume of water .... :eyerole

I know, I know ... car wash is a dirty word on the forum .. but you should smell this stuff ... :W

I found a product called "Odo-Ban" that worked very well at removing the odor. I haven't bought any in a while but I believe it is available at Sam's Club and/or Wal-Mart.

I think they were spraying right at the base of the windshield so it's coming in the air vents.

They puked there a few times too. Other than the puke you could never see anything but my wife swore she saw them doing it (peeing) ... and I finally found some traces (like spray droplets) ... kinda sticky and yucky.

Nah! They never got into the car ... but the vent/air intakes .... yechhhhhhh!

I'm going to try some lightly scented water down there followed by a trip to the ....... car wash .... for the volume of water .... :eyerole

I know, I know ... car wash is a dirty word on the forum .. but you should smell this stuff ... :W

Have you tried a mixture of Baking soda and pine oil cleaner and in a gallon bottle slowly pour down around the windshield and let sit for a half an hour and then wash the hell out of the car. Also, when you return the car to the garage, put a lot of Moth balls in every corner of the garage. Cats can't stand the smell of moth balls and they'll be gone for good.

Killain, the bad news is that wifey also hates moth balls. I put some under the deck to get rid of skunks and she raised high and holy hell about the smell.

I have scratched down the formulas offered for use later this week. So far .... I just got back from the car wash and a one hour ride and I couldn't smell anything.

Odo-Ban ... Pine ... and ... my daughter (Ms. Clean), suggested Fa Breeze ... all on tap for the coming week when the temps get a bit warmer and the odors come out.

Today ..... tweren't bad so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :) (I think)

Try Ammonia to remove the initial smell. It works well on carpets.

Also, if a cat were to pee on my vette , well ... he or she may come up missing in the next few days :confused

Also, if a cat were to pee on my vette , well ... he or she may come up missing in the next few days :confused
never mind a few days...It would be gone permanently!!!!!:r

the problem is easy

a bowl of antifreeze will do in the cats overnight, im going to try the mothballs tonight on my wife...:boogie

Honey , have you seen the cat lately ? I wonder where little whizzer went to ? It's like he disappeared. I wonder if that neighbor dog chased him away ?

:rotfl :rotfl ;squint: ;squint: :cool

Ummmm , I dunno Dear maybe he found a nice home somewhere

;shrug;shrug

Lead gets rid of any new cat piss, but sorry to say that it won't remove what is already there.

just proves my point that cats are evil minded little pricks.. aliens i think sent down to take over the planet once they gather enough info and drive enough of us crazy in the process!

odo ban works ok but also you might want to try a product called natures miracle from a pet supply store... vets use it when animals pee int he office it is supposed to totally eliminate the scent of the animals urine so other animals wont mark it when they smell it.. cause that cat has marked his territory and if there is even a hint of it another cat will smell it and want to claim it his and it just keeps going and going. they also make products that you can spray to repel cats but you would need a ton of it and where would you spray it.

You might try puting thumb tacks through 3 or 4 sheets of newspaper, then use masking tape to secure the paper (thumb tack points UP) to the windshield letting most of it rest on the hood. Another trick would be to use double stick tape in place of the thumb tacks. The cats don't like either of these tricks :thumb, and will learn to stay the hell off of the car rather quickly.
Andy :w

Have you ever heard of a scat pad ?? My neighbor had a couple and they kept the cats off the counter tops. Just plug them into the 110 outlet and it"ll just give them a little jolt..

Have you ever heard of a scat pad ?? My neighbor had a couple and they kept the cats off the counter tops. Just plug them into the 110 outlet and it"ll just give them a little jolt..

those work pretty good but the reason i thought different about that is that then it has to lay on the car and when the cat jumps on it and sends it flying its gonna scratch the car.. actually they dont even give them a jolt.. the ones i had were activated by pressure and set off a vibrating motor which scared the hell out of the cat and ran on a 9volt battery. its not gonna work putting it on his windshield cause the cat is standing onthe hood pointing his ass at it when he sprays...... bear traps around the car sound like a plan to me!

I believe he was saying that tongue in cheek:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom