Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Blue Devil (finally) gets a name - ZR1

I agree with edmond, ZR-1 was a totaly different type of car. that name should be left to rest. I would have happier with ZO7, the next generation of supper vetts. thanks Billy

ZR2 was a off road S-10.:puke Not something I would want on a vette.

That's right I had one of these; I had forgotten :bash

Not sure I could come up with anything any better so the ZR1 will work as good as anything. I would like to see something with USA in it; but that probably wouldn't sell or even sound right :confused How about USA-1, just kidding I think it has already been decided anyway I will shut up NOW:eek:hnoes
:wBill

...King of the Road....
All Hail the King!

Like my daughter would say "Dad, you're such a dork!"
I am such a dork! King of the road...:ugh:chuckle;squint: I meant King of the Hill.

Two things go away with age...memory, and the other thing I forget:crazy

The first 'SS' model ever was a Corvette.

-bZj

Hey gang,

Did we get a diffinitive answer on what Down8 is talking about. I honestly can't remember an 'SS' designation on a Corvette.

Remo:cool

I honestly can't remember an 'SS' designation on a Corvette.
If the VetteTube admins would get off their fat lazy butts :chuckle, you could see a video I posted all about the first (1957) "Corvette SS".
In the meantime, here's a 20 second video that someone else posted at VetteTube.

"ZR1" was an RPO in MY70 (25), 71 (8) and 72 (20). It consisted of the LT1 Special High-Performance Small-Block V8 along with other performance options such as HD brakes, aluminum radiator, HD suspension and (high-tech at the time) transistor ignition. Also many convienience options (A/C, power steering, etc) were not available when ZR1 was ordered.

There also was a one-year (MY71) ZR2 option which paired the 425hp LS6 with the same performance options and the same non-availability of convenience options.

As a "Gen 2" ZR-1 owner, I'm happy to see that the RPO might be reused for the supercharged C6.

Good history, Hib! I just have one question ... what year, or years was the color PURPLE offered and was it a big seller? Did it come with a stuffed Dinosaur as a n/c option? [hahaha]

As to badging the Blue Devil, ZR1, that's probably not going to happen. It seems that GM loves to spoof the media when the opportunity presents itself. As the story goes, Motor Trend was sucked-in when GM wrote "ZR1" on a chalk board in one of their event trailers, knowing the media would see it. They did and likely Motor Trend will eventually have "chalk" all over their faces?
:w

SS? No Way...

Nonsense!

There have been rebirth of Z06, LT-1 (LT1), and all the other super Corvettes(you're right, I could not name them all:ugh).

All these special models still are Corvette's, so why not re-incarnate yet another offering?

Well, the SS Vette was not a production Corvette. Sorry :nono, IMHO, until they release the RC-6 as a production model, then the SS should not be re-incarnated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom