Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corvette tax strikes again

S

splash

Good evening, morning, and afternoon

To everyone at whatever time you may view this post. Let me start with the first question, can anybody give me the part number to the oil pressure indicator in the block, and possible a round about price on it. Now this may be premature but I am in the Marines and we have this thing called a autoshop that is suppose to give us the best price on parts right. Not that I am knocking theme because for the most part they do have the best price on parts. Anyway ask the sells guy to find me a price on the oil pressure indicator and thats exactly what I asked for. So he gets on the phone calls up whatever company they deal with and asked for it. The guy on the other end asked him to ask me whether or not I had a digital or analog oil gauge, so I told him analog. Now in my mind I am thinking why is he asking me about digital or analog? Anyway we wait a few minutes and he tells me that the part is going to take 4 days to come in it will cost me $77.45. Now I am now professional mechanic but I know that a sensor or indicator whatever you call it should cost that much especially when I can get a brand new computer for $150.00. So any assistance on this will be great.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

can I get some help here, i see about 20 people have veiwed it but no replys?

splash said:
can I get some help here, i see about 20 people have veiwed it but no replys?
There.... I replied. However, I don't know the answer or can't help! :duh

chevyaddict said:
There.... I replied. However, I don't know the answer or can't help! :duh
Thanks at least someone said something!!!

Be patient, Splash. Sometimes specialized questions take a bit of time to yield a response. Wish I could help, but I'm as in the dark as you are.

:)
-Patrick

around $40 plus shipping from most parts catalogues

sorry for being impatient but the gauge is pegged and I got a low oil light so I can drive "girturde" right now, and its killing me.

splash said:
sorry for being impatient but the gauge is pegged and I got a low oil light so I can drive "girturde" right now, and its killing me.
Three easy steps-

1.) get GM part number.
2.) surf internet for lst of discount houses and dealers.
3.) call everyone and their brother (you should make a spread sheet so you can keep track of who you called- even better- you can see trends over time like if some places are higher in price compared to others,)

Don't forget-
ENSURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SENSOR!!! (I know, it seems like a no brainer- but it happens!!!)

Hope that heps-

splash said:
girturde? ;LOL

I'm sorry I can't offer any technical advice, but you have my moral support :)

I'll look it up for you tomorrow when I get to work.

Richard.

Just noticed how old this is. Probably done by now.

Oh it is still going on and I still haven't received the right part yet. If you can help the would be great.

splash said:
Oh it is still going on and I still haven't received the right part yet. If you can help the would be great.
OEM Part number: 12573107

List: $55.35
My cost: $41.51

Richard.

Well I got I order the part number that you guys suggested and these fools still gave me the wrong part. I don't think it should cost me more than 30 bucks at the same time also.

the GM part number is 12562230 at about $60.00 Napa part # is OP 6196 The standard ing part # is PS 308 all about the same price.

I am still thinking about that analog or digital oil gauge! I don't know about your 1998 but my 2002 Z06 has both. There is the analog one in the dash but if I select guages and oil pressure, it will be displayed digitally in the information center. Not sure I would know how to answer that question! Both?:SLAP

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom