Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Couple of noobie questions

Jade Panda

Corvette
2007 Coupe
I have been in the garage with the car for a while just getting to know it. While looking over the engine bay I couldnt find the xmission dipstick tube. There is nothing in the manual about checking the level other than changing fluid around 70k.

I am used to checking trans fluid pretty regularly in my other cars. Is the c6 tranny a care free operator?

Where is the under hood light?

Why wont my hood shut properly? Is there a trick (8" drop or lay it down and push it down?) Dang thing doesnt want to shut.

Hood light was either disconnected or removed due to the cars draining the battery with them plugged in. Mine is still there, just disconnected. They may have gotten rid of them all together for 07. The hood will close, just hold it a few inches above the car, in the center of the hood and drop. If you drop from one side or the other and not the center, the opposite corner is still up, correct? Thats how I did it. Don't worry about the tranny.lol.

Since the transmission is in the rear of the car, there isn't a dip stick under the hood. BTW, checking the level is difficult and should be done by trained professionals.

My 06 has an underhood light but it also has a timer on it that shuts it off after about 20 seconds if the hood is left up. No need to disconnect the light on either the C5 or C6 - they time out.

I find that holding the hood up about a foot then letting it drop closes it very nicely. It's designed that way.

No underhood light on my '07 Coupe. GM had to cut back somewhere ;)
They eliminated the U/H light in '07 models.
Makes no difference, that light is not powerfull enough to make a difference.

Knowing how auto makers/repair facilities are,they buy lubricants based on price,not quality. (The stuff they buy passes, but barely.) I'd change out the OEM junk is soon as possible. The tranny is difficult to do (unless you drill,tap & plug your own drain.)

HI there,
Alot of the fluids are very very good.
If you do a chemical analysis, you will find that the GM fluids are extremely good.
And you will also find that many of the finest manufacturers make the fluids for GM.
As for the rest, you didnt mention if it was automatic or standard transmission? Both have fill and drain plugs from the factory.
Allthebest, :hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom