Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Craigslist Find: Modified 2001 Corvette - Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Members: what do you think? Cool mods or do you want to poke your eyes out? :rotfl

2001 Convertible Corvette Mods and Extras, Diablo Sport | Corvette Action Center

attachment.php

Attachments

• 00202_aRwo4sktJH7_600x450.jpg
    00202_aRwo4sktJH7_600x450.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 327
I'm going to be polite and say it isn't how I would customize a Corvette of that vintage... :ugh

Mac

• Admin
I wonder what the objective was........Looks like they had a few good ideas, but somehow it went terribly wrong. :boogie My 2001 Corvette is embarrassed. :chuckle

BUTT F'UGLY! :puke
Andy :w

The meticulously installed after market wiring, and expertly installed dash pad would normally be enough for me, but the one detail that sealed the whole deal for me was the professional filming of the video and the immaculate wash and polish of the exterior before they filmed the video, showing off the vehicle in it's best possible condition. Not only does the vehicle say a lot about it's proud owner, but the attention to detail of the video (such as the sideways filming, as just one example) shows another side of this sellers proud ownership also. I don't see how any potential C5 buyer could pass on this rare (hopefully) vehicle.

Last edited:
After watching the heavily adorned Corvette video in disbelief, I noticed another video which captured my interest, clicked on it, proving that good can come from an unexpected source. In short I stumbled upon past episodes of "Roadkill", arguably the best vehicle based show on TV now. Sorry Chip Foose.

Enjoy ROADKILL - YouTube
Sam

Like "Mac," I'll try to put my reaction politely: Doing this sort of thing to a Corvette (or any other car, for that matter) is analogous to pretty girls that wear too much makeup -- it adds nothing to the overall package and is a complete waste of money... :ugh

I have notified Corvette Rescue and Intervention and have offered some money to help save this poor car.....I believe it is still savable if we can get it away from the wrong crowd and influences that has brought this innocent machine to this sad state. Anyone else willing to donate time or money to this cause contact me or just send me some money and I will spend it.........:D

I'm still trying to figure out where the 700 hp is coming from.....did I miss something......it reminds me of the first model car I built when in 6th grade...I put on all the chrome pieces and decals on the sheet on the non painted car. I took it to school to the model show we had and put it next to a model that was painted Candy apple red that looked a foot deep and had a silk thread wired engine, fuzzy interior and a hat pin for a shifter......I still think mine was cooler.......:eyerole :D

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out where the 700 hp is coming from.....did I miss something......it reminds me of the first model car I built when in 6th grade...I put on all the chrome pieces and decals on the sheet on the non painted car. I took it to school to the model show we had and put it next to a model that was painted Candy apple red that looked a foot deep and had a silk thread wired engine, fuzzy interior and a hat pin for a shifter......I still think mine was cooler.......:eyerole :D
Did you notice it was a female shooting the video?

It certainly is busy isn't it. Pass. I prefer them a little closer to stock.

How do you write the summons? :D

Obstructed rear and passenger mirrors. (check)

Loud altered exhaust. (check)

Obstructed brake and tail lens'. (check)

Lewd and lascivious behavior. (check)

Whad I miss? :eyerole

How do you write the summons? :D

Obstructed rear and passenger mirrors. (check)

Loud altered exhaust. (check)

Obstructed brake and tail lens'. (check)

Lewd and lascivious behavior. (check)

Whad I miss? :eyerole
If we're going to be thorough, always check the lights (headlights, signals, brakes, markers) and tires... and the nut holding the steering wheel... :chuckle

Mac

All of their taste is in their mouth!:ugh

The only thing missing from this beauty is a name painted on the rear quarter on both sides as was the fad in the early '60's. The perfect name for her would be "MISS CARRIAGE". The second picture, the one with the sun reflecting just in front of the door looks like they used at least a new roller when they painted it. Wow.

Hmmm. Looking at it, I'd say the owner must be a pretty dangerous guy. I wouldn't mess with him. Or her. Or it. Hasn't Mattel Toys sued over the use of the Hot Wheels logo?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom