Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Critical Information!!!!

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
OK folks, we are at a critical point in the planning of Cruisefest 2011.

We are very short on the registrations and if we don't get more soon, CruiseFest 2011 is in serious trouble and may not occur. It's very similar to the situation as we faced in 2009, and the resulting decision is threatening to be the same.

Ladies and gentlemen, we need some commitments soon. We are in dire circumstances and if we don't get some response, CruiseFest 2011 is in danger of a drastic reduction or complete cancellation.

In 2009 when this occurred, several members stepped up and the "alternative event" turned out great.

People complain when we plan the event and it doesn't suit them for whatever reason, and then people complain because we don't do or cancel an event.

I'm at my wits end. I have committed to this event. I have my room reserved, my registration in and am hoping that this event gets to come off. But if we don't get some more commitment from people it isn't going to happen.

How many have registered????

15, less than half the number from last year.

when is the cut off date, weather it's a go or not...................billy

Billy, I don't think a "date" has been set. It's being left up to those in charge. We have been working very hard and are getting very little response. Makes it very discouraging.

Billy, I don't think a "date" has been set. It's being left up to those in charge. We have been working very hard and are getting very little response. Makes it very discouraging.

Who's the "left up to those in charge"? Is this the corvette action committee or the Mid America folks?

Some of both Don.

CruieFest to go on

Ok decisions have been made.....CruiseFest will go on. Just a shortened schedule.

I haven't actually seen the changes but Saturdays events have been moved. It's going to be a Thursday-Friday event.

Schedule of Events

Ok decisions have been made.....CruiseFest will go on. Just a shortened schedule.

I haven't actually seen the changes but Saturdays events have been moved. It's going to be a Thursday-Friday event.

This is the "shortened schedule" straight from Mid America's website.

Thursday: June 9, 2011
9am-10am: Check-in registration
10am-10:15am: Welcome from Mike Yager
10:15am-Noon: Corporate tours
Noon-1pm: Lunch to be provided
1:00-3:00: Seminars
3:00-5:00: Road Tour and Tuscan Winery Tour and Wine Tasting
After 5pm: Blender Wars at Fairfield Inn
Friday: June 10, 2011
9:00am-12:00am: Seminars
Noon-1:30pm: Lunch to be provided
1:30pm-4:00pm: Show and Shine at Mid America Motorworks
6:00pm-8:00pm: Awards and Finale Dinner, sponsored by Mid America Motorworks

Tom.....can you see if Mid America can provide a listing of all individuals tha have registered?

Don

I'll see what I can find out, Don.

Schedule of Events

I see where they deleted the group picture at the finish line....what's up with that???

Another thing....what's taking so long getting the names of the registered attendees???

Don

;shrug

Thank you!!!

Well I think you're doing a hell of a job:beer...thank you for not canceling this event even if it is going to be a small group.;)

Don, I am for what it's worth.....:eyerole

Tom
Is this the penalty for getting the Road Warrior award last year? I hope that the registration picks up. I saw who is attending and it seems to be the regulars who always attend. Good friends all; I hope that new attendees register so we can make more friends.
Barrett

Thanks, I apparently am not doing a very good job, as the registrations are way down. Part of my job is getting more people to attend....maybe they are not coming because I am ;help.

If that's the case I'm sorry for having offended anyone.......;shrug

I don't really think that's the case....:L but would sure like to see a big jump in registrations in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not saying this to be critical (and I'm the not the one withholding the attendee list), but what does it's matter "who" is going to be there? Is it one of those things where if so-and-so isn't going, then I'm not going? Or vice-versa?

I will be there. Flying solo this year. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom