Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dead Battery: Trickle Charge or Battery Disconnect

I just recd your thread and it looks as though you've been answered. Yepper....your FOB had a key inside it. Remove and go to rear of car, look under rr fascia and find key slot/lock. Unlock trunk (bootlid). Inside trunk look left (inside) qtr panel and find wire with tab on end. One for door and one for gas door. I wanted to mention that on (Mid-America I think is where I found this) they sell a cable set that will connect to bty and will allow you to connect trickle charger and also also allow you to connect power if suddenly goes dead. You dont really have to have it though.....it's just a convience item by have the cable already stowed under there and has diode to prevent backflowing power. good luck :)
Thanks, guys. It worked just like you said. I had a bit of trouble with the fob, and I tend to break things when I'm having to force them so I was being careful. Still, I've got both doors open and boot and bonnet held open so nothing closes till the battery is charged up again. Then it's off for a run, maybe to Dover or Brighton, sunshine or no. After that I'm going to Brooklands, the first ever banked track in Britain to cruise round the museum there. Going to make up for those stressed days.:beer
Thanks again, good job.

Greengrass

Thanks, guys. It worked just like you said. I had a bit of trouble with the fob, and I tend to break things when I'm having to force them so I was being careful. Still, I've got both doors open and boot and bonnet held open so nothing closes till the battery is charged up again. Then it's off for a run, maybe to Dover or Brighton, sunshine or no. After that I'm going to Brooklands, the first ever banked track in Britain to cruise round the museum there. Going to make up for those stressed days.:beer
Thanks again, good job.

Greengrass

Is the public able to go driving on the Alpine Test Track that Top Gear uses? That track looks like a lot of fun.

Alpine test track.

Is the public able to go driving on the Alpine Test Track that Top Gear uses? That track looks like a lot of fun.
Don't know. It's a programme I missed. I will have a look/see and find out what I can. Usually the boys get special privileges, because of their advertising potential.:thumb

greengrass

Don't know. It's a programme I missed. I will have a look/see and find out what I can. Usually the boys get special privileges, because of their advertising potential.:thumb

greengrass

I can well imagine that they get special priviledges. :beer

The Alpine Test Track they use has been featured in several episodes, most recently (over here) in one in which the boys did a Truck (Lorry) Driving Challenge. According to the video, the test track is in Bedfordshire.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom