Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Oh Man

Get this...

I was looking through Toyota 4X4 forums for help with my truck when I came across Toyota Nation. Someone on T.N. posted a link to this page, after reading about 27 pages of all this I'm brought to tears! This is outragous! I waited all day to get my registration approved so I could write a reply. I honestly cant even bring the absolute disgust I feel towards this dealership to words. I feel so sorry for this guy and all the BS he's gone through.

Seriously, I feel sick.

I was hoping that this was just another "old post" that had long since been resolved, I wanted to see "well guys, they offered me a brand spanking new Z06, thanks for your help, blah blah blah." but it wasnt there.

My roomate (the vet fannatic) would have a break down if he read this.

I cant believe the support thats been given in this thread, its absolutely amazing, I've never seen this anywhere before. (and I've been to many a forum) AMAZING, you guys are absolutely awesome.

I wish I could do more than just send out e-mails to help ya out.
If you guys are planning any collections, ralleys or anything for this guy let me know a little in advance so I can take leave, I'll show. my e-mails my user name @yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you.

you guys are amazing. :CAC ;worship :beer

VetNumJim-How dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VetNumJim:

I am totally apalled at your post! Your sarcasm is amazing to me. Have you even seen what a "black" car would look like if it was painted in bits and pieces? Obviously not! It would look good as new! I am gonna prove it to you right now! You don't know what you are talking about. I thought about what 67 Heaven said to me, and he is absolutely right. You can match black on black. Look at this picture. I even banged out the front left rim! You can't even tell the difference on this can you?

Ummmm. Well on second inspection, I have to apologize to you VetNumJim. I should have inspected it again before yelling at you. Please accept my apologies. I was wrong to do that. You know what you are talking about! Um, would you like to meet me in Toronto with a couple of cans of black paint? I need to paint a 1967 C3 owned by some guy I mentioned in this post in black. We will just paint the doors and hood. He won't know the difference! :L

Thanks for joining and speaking out willgrow!

Willgrow,

Your thoughts are shared by many! Thanks for joining CAC and welcome. We are glad you are here!

willgrow3 said:
Get this...

I was looking through Toyota 4X4 forums for help with my truck when I came across Toyota Nation. Someone on T.N. posted a link to this page, after reading about 27 pages of all this I'm brought to tears! This is outragous! I waited all day to get my registration approved so I could write a reply. I honestly cant even bring the absolute disgust I feel towards this dealership to words. I feel so sorry for this guy and all the BS he's gone through.

Seriously, I feel sick.

I was hoping that this was just another "old post" that had long since been resolved, I wanted to see "well guys, they offered me a brand spanking new Z06, thanks for your help, blah blah blah." but it wasnt there.

My roomate (the vet fannatic) would have a break down if he read this.

I cant believe the support thats been given in this thread, its absolutely amazing, I've never seen this anywhere before. (and I've been to many a forum) AMAZING, you guys are absolutely awesome.

I wish I could do more than just send out e-mails to help ya out.
If you guys are planning any collections, ralleys or anything for this guy let me know a little in advance so I can take leave, I'll show. my e-mails my user name @yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you.

you guys are amazing. :CAC ;worship :beer

willgrow3 said:
came across Toyota Nation. Someone on T.N. posted a link to this page,

That would be me! :eyerole

VetNutJim said:
I HAVE READ EVERY POST HERE. THIS ABSOLUTELY JUST MAKES ME SICK.

Paint the whole car?
I can't belive how uncooperative you're trying to be.
It's 'just' another car. 'Just' some black paint.
BTW... from the replys received from GM....why do they even 'pretend' to have a customer service center. Sounds to me like they should just shut down whatever they are presenting as such and save a few more bucks.
You're right Jim. They keep telling me "it was an accident" and seem surprised that I want more than a repair. When I asked for a replacement, Frank said that it would be really hard to find a car like mine. He didn't think he could do it. So, if I understand this, because my car is irreplaceable, I should accept a repair? Hmmm

I think the GM Customer Relation's job is to give people a place to go so they can be told that there's nothing they can do. It's important to communicate to the customer.

- Dave

Mac said:
Ahhh, the sweet scent of sarcasm and suddenly Mac appears! :L

Good luck, barnetdh. It sounds like you've got a fight on your hands. By the way, whose insurance adjustor were you talking to? If it was your company's adjustor, I think I would be shaking the trees to get someone more experienced assigned.

-Mac
Mac -

This was the adjuster for Stewarts, with Century insurance. I obviously have my work cut out for me.

- Dave

willgrow3 said:
Get this...

I was looking through Toyota 4X4 forums for help with my truck when I came across Toyota Nation. Someone on T.N. posted a link to this page, after reading about 27 pages of all this I'm brought to tears! This is outragous!
Thanks, willgrow3! I've had people show me links to pics of my car on car sites all over the Internet. It's just amazing to me the amount of support. This started out just me against the dealer, and they told me it was between me and their insurance. Whatever. It's really good to know I'm not alone, and there are folks like yourself out there.

As to an old post, I wish it were. I'm still without my C5, and there's still no resolution.

- Dave

Dang it Stewart's! Those pics hurt ME and it's not MY car!

:mad :mad :mad I hear lawyers can be expensive.

I wonder if barnetdh has a paypal account ... :upthumbs

theblackvette said:
Hello ImpalaPete!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for signing in and speaking out. Your words mean a lot to all of us!!!!!!!!!!

We continue to hope that this will end up in a good result.

Be on the look out for a member by the name of Tonys Torch here on CAC. He loves Impalas and owns one!!!!!!

Best regards,

the blackvette
Who doesnt like impalas?

-Andy

This was beautiful!

barnetdh said:
I think the GM Customer Relation's job is to give people a place to go so they can be told that there's nothing they can do.
It's important to communicate to the customer.
Heidi ;LOL

Hard to find a car like yours? Huh?

Who? What? When? Where? How? Huh? Eh?

Isn't there something called "shipping?" Kinda of like when the truck brings the new C6's to the lot to sell to the customers?

Took me less than 10 seconds to find this page:

http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/cat/all_ads.htm

barnetdh said:
You're right Jim. They keep telling me "it was an accident" and seem surprised that I want more than a repair. When I asked for a replacement, Frank said that it would be really hard to find a car like mine. He didn't think he could do it. So, if I understand this, because my car is irreplaceable, I should accept a repair? Hmmm

I think the GM Customer Relation's job is to give people a place to go so they can be told that there's nothing they can do. It's important to communicate to the customer.

- Dave

I had a heckuva time finding this one that is

located in California!!!!! Took me over 10 seconds but less than a minute!

outside2.jpg
outside1.jpg

1997 Corvette For Sale - $28800Mileage:45000Body Type:CoupeEngine:5.7Horsepower:Transmission:6 speedExterior Color:redInterior Color:blackVIN#:1G1YY22G8V5100576 - Free Carfax Record Check
(VIN Check only for 1982 and newer)ABS, AC, Air Bags, Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, Cruise Control, Leather Interior, Power Brakes, Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Removable Roof Panel, Standard Trans, Tilt /TelescopicCruise Control, Power Seats, Memory Seats, Bucket Seats, Remote Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, glass top, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Interior, Alarm, A/C: Front, Power Steering, CD Changer, Fog Lights, Premium Sound. All Options include 12 Disc CD, "very custom" wheels and tires, Vented brakes (front and rear), Borla exhaust and x-pipe, LS6 Intake Manifold, Haltech air filter, Sports Power Seats, Active Handling, slightly lowered and much more. Very fast. Asking price: $28800 - Loan CalculatorTerms: best offer
Get a pre-approved loanFor Sale By: Private Party

I have been lurking in the background, but I felt that it was now at a point where I wanted to add my voice.

barnetdh, remember cooler heads will prevail. Give it time and be gracious. I always prefer to give people an "easy out" and allow them to do the right thing. Steady, but gracious, pressure usually wins in the end.

FYI: This has now migrated to serveral other car forumns. I think ALL automotive enthusiasts have an interest in this story.

I sent them the following email
Dear Sirs,
I send greetings from Canada. I am a member on a number of automotive forums and came across a story of a fellow automotive enthusiast, and his C5 corvette.
It would appear that during routine maintenance, it dropped off one of your lifts. You are not the first dealership to have this unfortunate incident happen. We are all grateful that your mechanic is safe.
I was distressed to hear that you seem to be giving this fellow enthusiast minimal attention. I would encourage you to a high standard of customer service. These are the times when reputations are made.... or lost.
To us automotive enthusiasts, it is not a car... it is a passion. Please treat my friends concerns with care. We all believe it is in your power to make this a reputation building incident as opposed to another story of a company more concerned with themselves than their consumers.
I look forward to your reply, and look even more forward to your resolution of this unfortunate incident.
Sincerely,
Peter Huizinga
Wishing you all the best from Canada.

Ok it has been a while since I posted, but this totally stinks.
Barnetdh
Where does everything stand now?
Will emails to the Stewarts site still help?

Hope everything gets better.

Shakey!!!!!! Welcome back to posting!!!!!!!

It certainly has been awhile since you posted!!!!! Wow! I am glad you responded to this thread as your post means a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your questions were directed to Barnetdh, so I will let him answer them.

But, I thank you for making your voice heard and supporting the rally!!!!!!!!

shakey said:
Ok it has been a while since I posted, but this totally stinks.
Barnetdh
Where does everything stand now?
Will emails to the Stewarts site still help?

Hope everything gets better.

The same goes for you Piet!!!!!!! Thanks!

Thanks Piet for lurking and making your voice heard. All car owners should be concerned about this.

We are all hoping that Barnetdh will receive good news soon.

I am STILL confident that he will!

Best regards,

the blackvette

Piet said:
I have been lurking in the background, but I felt that it was now at a point where I wanted to add my voice.

barnetdh, remember cooler heads will prevail. Give it time and be gracious. I always prefer to give people an "easy out" and allow them to do the right thing. Steady, but gracious, pressure usually wins in the end.

FYI: This has now migrated to serveral other car forumns. I think ALL automotive enthusiasts have an interest in this story.

I sent them the following email

Wishing you all the best from Canada.

WOW.... I actually just got though reading all 416 posts.....took me a few days but I wanted to make sure I got it all.....

But the only question I got is, why do YOU have to settle for diminished value if they were the ones that diminished the value of your car by dropping it 6'???

If they are SO CONFIDENT that their body and repair guys can fix it better than before, then they shouldn't have a problem trading it for another vette, since this one that they are fixing will be SO much better according to them.

Only advice that I can give out here from past experiences, with "Accidents and Insurance Adjustors" ...... get it in writing, that they will be held liable for any repairs after the fact?

My GMC truck was keyed after they broke into it 5 years ago, and it had to be repainted, "JUST REPAINTED" and I took it to their "BEST" insurance recommend and dealer authorized shop which was at a GM dealership.....I was not happy with the outcome of the paint job and they completely re-painted it 5 more times after the fact at their expense, until I finally got something I was happy with (and I made sure I had a rental) but to this day I still find something here and there wrong with the job...... and that was just paint, I don't even want to imagine what will come out later of all those "MINOR" repairs as they see it.......just my venting on this situation......But they did make me happy in the end by re-doing it untill I was satisfied.......well actually I gave up, cause it will never be perfect again!!! but I will give them that it was better then the previous 4 paint jobs they did.
Dave

Just another supporter.

Haven't hit the CAC in over a week. This is the first thread I went to. Took me 2 hours to read it all, but I had to. I'm even at work.

barnetdh - My compliments on keeping it cool and applying steady pressure, it's the only way to stop the bleeding.

black vette - My compliments on spearheading this. Amazing.

the CAC - My compliments on rallying around to support one single member. This place is truly amazing.

Just another supporter chiming in adding to the reply total.

Think of it this way- you are waging a war against the evils of greedy corner cutting corporate ethics.

Thank you for being strong and reaching out to the CAC. I would love to go to the mat with you on this. I hate irresponsible shops and insurance companies. The only things I despise more are greedy ambulance chasing attorneys.

Call a higher level in GM. GM does not want a PR disaster on their hands due to the irresponsible nature of a local dealership. You would be surprised at how much interest GM has in their reputation. If they only knew.....

I'd be surprised if GM Corporate HQ doesn't already know about this. After all, I expect there are GM employees who own Corvettes, new and old, and it's a fair assumption to say some of them know their way around the Internet, so... :D

All it would take is for the right person in the right place to speak in the correct ear.

This situation has great potential and hopefully everything will turn out well. Has anyone started writing up the screenplay yet? :L

-Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom