Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
bobchad said:
I have to differ with you. In 22 years of handling litigation for insurance companies I can count on one hand the number of times we have paid the other sides attorneys fees.
I guess we all have our opinions, my experience has been just the opposite of yours. I could gualify myself, but this forum is not the place. I guess it really depends on the experience, quality of the atty that you hire.

Trent81

I spoke to the insurance adjuster today. They hadn't allowed for painting the car to make everything match. I don't see how they can expect the various paints to match existing body panels. I would have thought they would paint the whole car.

Welcome folks. Just dropping in to your forum via a link to this thread at CheerAndGears. This developing story is getting a lot of national, even worldwide, attention now.

My heart goes out to you, Dave. As a life-long Chevy fan and a classic car nut, I truly feel your pain. I have a great deal of respect for how graciously you are conducting yourself. I cannot say for sure that I could do the same if put in your situation. What bothers me the most about this whole thing is how you are getting hammered twice. First by the news of the damage to your car. Second by guilty party's unwillingness to accept responsibility and properly right a terrible wrong. Quickly slapping your car back together and/or offering what appear to be profit-motivated "solutions" seems anything but contrite. Thank God that the service guy under your car was not injured or killed. No one deserves anything like that, whether due to their own negligence or the shop's. I pray that this situation works out to your satisfaction and that you hit the road again soon in another nice Vette. Best of luck to you!

Pete

I had to read this post thrice!!!!!!!!!!

Barnetdh, please accept my most sincere apologies! I know this is not a laughing matter, but I must :L

I can't believe that they are not planning on painting the whole car!

I'm speechless! I don't know what to say! Can someone help me? Thanks!

barnetdh said:
I spoke to the insurance adjuster today. They hadn't allowed for painting the car to make everything match. I don't see how they can expect the various paints to match existing body panels. I would have thought they would paint the whole car.

Dave

I still find it hard to believe that they want to fix the car and return it to you, with all the attention this is getting I would think the dealer would want to resolve it asap.
There are too many unknowns in getting the car repaired. Good Luck.
Craig sr.

Thanks for the updated pics - And for keeping us posted.

Keep the faith!
Rain and Susan

Welcome ImpalaPete!

Hello ImpalaPete!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for signing in and speaking out. Your words mean a lot to all of us!!!!!!!!!!

We continue to hope that this will end up in a good result.

Be on the look out for a member by the name of Tonys Torch here on CAC. He loves Impalas and owns one!!!!!!

Best regards,

the blackvette

ImpalaPete said:
Welcome folks. Just dropping in to your forum via a link to this thread at CheerAndGears. This developing story is getting a lot of national, even worldwide, attention now.

My heart goes out to you, Dave. As a life-long Chevy fan and a classic car nut, I truly feel your pain. I have a great deal of respect for how graciously you are conducting yourself. I cannot say for sure that I could do the same if put in your situation. What bothers me the most about this whole thing is how you are getting hammered twice. First by the news of the damage to your car. Second by guilty party's unwillingness to accept responsibility and properly right a terrible wrong. Quickly slapping your car back together and/or offering what appear to be profit-motivated "solutions" seems anything but contrite. Thank God that the service guy under your car was not injured or killed. No one deserves anything like that, whether due to their own negligence or the shop's. I pray that this situation works out to your satisfaction and that you hit the road again soon in another nice Vette. Best of luck to you!

Pete

ImpalaPete said:

Pete
Thanks, Pete! That's a really, really nice post. I appreciate your support, and give my regards to the folks at CheerandGears!!!

-Dave

theblackvette said:
Barnetdh, please accept my most sincere apologies! I know this is not a laughing matter, but I must :L

BV -

What's the problem? It's all just black, isn't it? ;LOL

- Dave

theblackvette said:

Way back on page 2 (I think it was page 2..........it was such a long time ago :crazy ) I thought the story couldn't get any crazier when I read the following...
barnetdh said:
They couldn't find the lug key (it was in the standard storage space for it), so they sawed the lugs off.
Apparently the story can get crazier. :(

barnetdh, we continue to wish you the best possible outcome.

Seven years of sun!

67!!!!!

Good to hear from you!

Seven years of sun on the '97 vette. You can't possibly match that! The car isn't new.

Agree?

barnetdh said:
BV -

What's the problem? It's all just black, isn't it? ;LOL

- Dave

Tell me i didn't read this right!

barnetdh said:
If im reading this right, your saying they are not going to paint the whole car?

Just parts??? a 97 model??? 40,000 miles??

Dont tell me im going to have to get involved?

I was giving BV a chance to fix this mess.. GOSH!!!!!!!!:mad :mad :mad

67HEAVEN said:
Way back on page 2 (I think it was page 2..........it was such a long time ago :crazy ) I thought the story couldn't get any crazier when I read the following...
Apparently the story can get crazier. :(

barnetdh, we continue to wish you the best possible outcome.
Thanks, 67Heaven! This has been the most amazing thread I've ever imagined. I had no idea I would get this much support! CAC is awesome!

I was thinking to myself that this was all crazy. It's really good to know that it's not just me.

- Dave

Tonys Torch said:
If im reading this right, your saying they are not going to paint the whole car?

Just parts??? a 97 model??? 40,000 miles??

Dont tell me im going to have to get involved?

I was giving BV a chance to fix this mess.. GOSH!!!!!!!!:mad :mad :mad
I think the adjuster is new. She sounded young to me, and when I asked about the paint, said she didn't know about that and would have to ask someone.

- Dave

Is this a record?

I can't believe that there are over 46,000 hits on this thread, and cross posts to what? 25 other forums?

I'm sure we've set some kind of record, but I can't think of how to verify it.

- Dave

barnetdh said:
I can't believe that there are over 46,000 hits on this thread, and cross posts to what? 25 other forums?

I'm sure we've set some kind of record, but I can't think of how to verify it.

- Dave
Exactly why you just have to love the internet and forums like this. It allows us to converse with and watch out for own, and to fight back and spread the word when our own is treated unfairly.

Agreed -
Its only in the past 10-12 years that we have been able to communicate and rally worldwide in a matter or minutes.

ImpalaPete said:
Exactly why you just have to love the internet and forums like this. It allows us to converse with and watch out for own, and to fight back and spread the word when our own is treated unfairly.

I HAVE READ EVERY POST HERE. THIS ABSOLUTELY JUST MAKES ME SICK.

Paint the whole car?
I can't belive how uncooperative you're trying to be.
It's 'just' another car. 'Just' some black paint.
Why should 'Frank' have to paint the panels they didn't bust up?
That would take a couple quarts more of paint. Hmmmm. Now be reasonable Dave. You can't expect to get THAT out of THIS dealer.
Oh about that bent wheel.... that can be straightened out with a 10 lb hammer...GOOD AS NEW!!!! You would't expect to get a NEW wheel for that old bent one you have now would you? It's 'just' another wheel.
Cracked windshield? Ahhhh,Dave.... you can still see through it can't you?
It's 'just' another windshield. Sure it's busted but that's ok. It'll still keep the rain off you.

IMO, they should NICELY ask you to take the Mag. Red Vert for your Vette which they destroyed. It's the only RIGHT thing to do.

BTW... from the replys received from GM....why do they even 'pretend' to have a customer service center. Sounds to me like they should just shut down whatever they are presenting as such and save a few more bucks.

Hope this is resolved to your satisfaction soon.
Best regards,

Jim in Georgia

Ahhh, the sweet scent of sarcasm and suddenly Mac appears! :L

Good luck, barnetdh. It sounds like you've got a fight on your hands. By the way, whose insurance adjustor were you talking to? If it was your company's adjustor, I think I would be shaking the trees to get someone more experienced assigned.

-Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom