Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
agentf1 said:
This is such a shame. It is so unfortunate that the dealers ruin the ownership experience of these otherwise great cars. I recently had a bad experience with Thomas Chevrolet in Media Pa.(no where near as bad as yours) that made me wish that I did not own my Z06. I ended up fixing the car myself so I knew it was done correctly without damaging my car but it makes me feel like the 7 year warranty I paid so much money for is basically worthless. I am unsure that I will buy another Corvette soley based on my dealer experience. This dealer should do whatever they need to to make this customer happy even if it mean giving him a new or almost new vette.

hi agentf1

sorry to hear about your bad experience with Thomas. I've never dealt with them but have been there for their Cruise Nights they hold every month in throughout the summer. I understand the owner is a big Corvette enthusiast but I'm sure that he doesn't hear about every single everyday problems or issues - that's why they have managers and such. Of course, if the owners knew more than more people might be happy.........
I wouldn't let one dealerships screw-up keep you from ever having another Corvette, that's like cutting off your nose just to spite your face. Your GM extended warranty should allow you to get your car serviced at any Chevy dealership shouldn't it?
I know it's much further drive for you but you may want to try Porter Chevrolet in Newark, De. Thet have the reputation for selling a lot of the higher performance cars like Vettes, the new SSR's, etc. I've never dealt with them but it might be worth a trip down to check them out. I know it's a bit of a drive for you to get there and I wouldn't suggest you make the trip for "basic" service like a simple oil change (ok, ok, I know what thread I just wrote that last sentence in, but MOST of the time oil changes ARE simple and cars don't fall off the lift), but for a bigger repair job you may ever need it might be worth it to you if they offer better service than Thomas Chevy does.

Barry

cruzer82 said:
I just had an idea, why don't we all go down to Steward Chev and take advantage of the 24 hour test drive offered by GM on any GM car with no obligation and then explain that the reason we can't buy from them is that we just heard about the "dropped a car" on the internet????

Just a thought.............:D
LOL!! And tell them you'll return it as good as new, just as soon as THEY return yours that way! ;LOL

People Power the Go

G'Day Dave,

And hello fellow CAC Members, lets keep the cash rolling in for Dave and show what a little PEOPLE POWER can really do.

We're all thinking of you Dave and hope that you kick some butt.

Kindest Regards

SAVETTE

'... I have been having discussions with lawyers on this, but before moving forward, I would want to be fairly certain that if I have to go to court, I will win..."- Dave[/QUOTE]
Dave,

Lawyers are expensive all over - at least $300.00/hour - there is nothing certain going into court, but I can't believe you can't find a lawyer concerned enough to take this on "contingency". They don't get paid unless THEY WIN.

FYI - had a "lemon" problem with a dealer here in Maryland (not GM or Corvette) and I stood outside the dealership with a sign, bullhorn, etc. until the dealership finally would deal with me fairly

Hey Dave,

My wife's an attorney and she said she'd be willing to help you locate an attorney to help you with your case. If you like we can exchange email addresses so we can get all the particulars.

Best Regards,
Mike

Mike,

totally forgot that Ali was an attorney! what a great offer by Ali to get involved and try to help Dave out

Hey, first off i'd like to say i'm so sorry about how they are treating you. I have been reading for awhile but had some problems registering. I'm from an import club site taht was linked but am and always have been a corvette fan(how could i not?) something i didn't see mentioned is not just complaining to Stewarts but to other GM dealerships. This negatively affects GM as a whole. most ppl here either have a GM vehicle or at least know of a nearby dealership. I think it might be effective if we would each call our local dealer wit hteh worry that "what if this happens to me? would your dealership treat me with the same disregard and lack of respect?" if they start seeing how this is affecting THEIR business when they did nothing they might have the motive to get onto Stewarts or make it right with Bartndth jsut to show they are not like this sorry excuse for a dealership. just a thought of mine.

427/435 said:
LOL!! And tell them you'll return it as good as new, just as soon as THEY return yours that way! ;LOL
That would be a bad idea. Cops around here will shoot you in the back for just looking like a criminal or for simply using a vegetable peeler in your own kitchen. I'd hate to see what they do to car thieves. . . ;)

wishIhadavette said:
trying to get jay leno's attention would be very interesting. the only way that I know of would just be the tonight shows website and Email it. the web address is somthing like "tonightshow@abc.com or somthing like that. I would give a few dollars to the legal fund but I'm so broke I can't even pay attention; good luck just the same though
wishIhadavette - It's not about the money -- it's about the support and people like you! Thanks for everything, to you and the gang!

- Dave

c5vetter said:
'... I have been having discussions with lawyers on this, but before moving forward, I would want to be fairly certain that if I have to go to court, I will win..."- Dave
Dave,

Lawyers are expensive all over - at least $300.00/hour - there is nothing certain going into court, but I can't believe you can't find a lawyer concerned enough to take this on "contingency". They don't get paid unless THEY WIN.

FYI - had a "lemon" problem with a dealer here in Maryland (not GM or Corvette) and I stood outside the dealership with a sign, bullhorn, etc. until the dealership finally would deal with me fairly[/QUOTE]
C5vetter -- I might have to stand out there with a sign. It would be nice if the TV stations were there to record it!

- Dave

427/435 said:
Hey 427/435 -- you're pretty devious too, I like it. :beer

savethevettes said:
Hey, first off i'd like to say i'm so sorry about how they are treating you. I have been reading for awhile but had some problems registering. I'm from an import club site taht was linked but am and always have been a corvette fan(how could i not?) something i didn't see mentioned is not just complaining to Stewarts but to other GM dealerships. This negatively affects GM as a whole. most ppl here either have a GM vehicle or at least know of a nearby dealership. I think it might be effective if we would each call our local dealer wit hteh worry that "what if this happens to me? would your dealership treat me with the same disregard and lack of respect?" if they start seeing how this is affecting THEIR business when they did nothing they might have the motive to get onto Stewarts or make it right with Bartndth jsut to show they are not like this sorry excuse for a dealership. just a thought of mine.
You know, savethevettes, you're right. This is a black eye for all GM dealers. Why trust a GM dealer when it could turn out like this?

- Dave

Thanks, either way i'm calling the local GM dealership here tomorrow. i once was screwed over by a shop...they destroyed my transmission, but i wasn't fortunate enough to have a group like this to go to...although that started me on my whirlwind to the world of cars so i guess in a wierd odd ball sort of way i should be happy they did. but i hope you get a better outcome. A new vette.

Amy :)

Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just sent the letter to the Tonight Show. As always, the best of luck to you. We are all cheering for you.

Pete

savethevettes said:
Thanks, either way i'm calling the local GM dealership here tomorrow. i once was screwed over by a shop...they destroyed my transmission, but i wasn't fortunate enough to have a group like this to go to...although that started me on my whirlwind to the world of cars so i guess in a wierd odd ball sort of way i should be happy they did. but i hope you get a better outcome. A new vette.

Amy :)
Thanks, Amy. I knew I had a long haul ahead of me when Stewart's more or less shrugged their shoulders and told me it was between me and their insurance company, and besides "a car is just a car." Frank, the general manager, told me it was no different than me having an accident with another driver. I wouldn't expect the other driver to replace my car, so why should Stewart's?

I was really frustrated with the lack of concern on the part of the dealership and GM, and this forum helped me keep going.

- Dave

Leno has a message board

By the way, theblackvette found out that Jay Leno has a message board

http://www.nbc.com/boards/Leno/

As a car lover, Leno might pick up on this. Two of the forum members have already sent emails to him, but a few more might help this rise above the backgrond level. Who know, Stewart's might turn into a joke.;)

- Dave

What!!! Buy A Car From Stewart???

Dave -

Our club had a "dine out" last night and your situation was a topic of discussion that carried out into the parking lot afterward. One of our members, who purchased an '04 last Saturday, made a made an interesting observation.

I don't have a clue how the numbers roll up for you, but he had done some extensive Internet searches and found that dealers from CA to FL are knocking $10K off the sticker price on '04s + another $4K "loyalty" amount that is offered by GM to those buyers who own GM vehicles.

No one wants to reward bad service, and Stewart has certainly set the World's Record for PP customer service, but there might be an opportunity here for you to cut your losses and Stewart to save face.

They've offered you $17.5 for yours - dealers around the country are knocking off 14 so that's $21.5 off of a new car. They can save face by knocking off a little more, offering a FREE extended warranty, covering your sales taxes, and perhaps providing a low % loan. GM could help anywhere along the line.

The final part of your negotiation is that they remove any decals, license plate holders or other mention of Stewart from the new car.

If any of the media ever buys into this story, Stewart should quickly see the wisdom in striking a deal.

Take thier apporach for just a minute: "It's just a car."

Once you have it, you never have to darken thier doors again. You can :Steer away in a brand new Vette with extended warranty -- and still have a story to tell.

Tom :CAC

PS: And To Our Distinguished Guest From Above The Mason-Dixon Line --

Thanks for joining us last night. It was a pleasure to have you and there will definately be a place for you when FL becomes your permanant hang out. Good Luck at Bloomington! :w :D

savette68/63 said:
G'Day Dave,

And hello fellow CAC Members, lets keep the cash rolling in for Dave and show what a little PEOPLE POWER can really do.

We're all thinking of you Dave and hope that you kick some butt.

Kindest Regards

SAVETTE
The people power is amazing. I've been getting contributions and support from all over the world. I don't want to list everyone's name here, but am thanking people individually, out of respect for privacy. But, let me give a collective appreciation to all -- This is just fantastic.

Thanks to all friends Downunder, in Spain, and all over the US and the world! Here's to you!
:bar

MM-C5 said:
Dave -
They've offered you $17.5 for yours - dealers around the country are knocking off 14 so that's $21.5 off of a new car. They can save face by knocking off a little more, offering a FREE extended warranty, covering your sales taxes, and perhaps providing a low % loan. GM could help anywhere along the line.
Shouldn't that be $31.5K ($17.5K + $14K) off of a new Vette? Just wondering.

Exciting Update From The Blackvette!!!!!!!!

Well, well well!

I personally contacted the owner of that 1997 Torch Red Corvette that is located near San Francisco! What do you know, it is still available for sale!

My, my, my! REAL HARD TO FIND A REPLACEMENT VEHICLE???? I am not even in the automobile business and I found an equivalent C5 for Dave!!!!!!

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE whatsoever! There is no cost for transportation of this vehicle!!!!!!! Go out and buy Dave's replacement car today!!!!!!!!

If I owned a dealership that dropped someone's car, I would be on the phone right now!!!!!!!!!!

DO THE RIGHT THING AND PICK UP DAVE'S TORCH RED VETTE!!!!!!!!!

http://usedcorvettesforsale.com/out.php?id=7209

outside2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom