Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM-C5 said:
Dave -

No one wants to reward bad service, and Stewart has certainly set the World's Record for PP customer service, but there might be an opportunity here for you to cut your losses and Stewart to save face.

They've offered you $17.5 for yours - dealers around the country are knocking off 14 so that's $21.5 off of a new car. They can save face by knocking off a little more, offering a FREE extended warranty, covering your sales taxes, and perhaps providing a low % loan. GM could help anywhere along the line.
Tom -- There is no question in my mind that Stewart's could easily make this right. Last time I was over there, they had a beautiful mag red '01 convertible in the front of the lot. I'd take that in an instant, and walk away a happy camper, with all forgiven.

The manager kept making a big deal about how they wouldn't be able to find another '97 with 40,000 miles. I kept telling him that equivalent value or better would work just fine. I wasn't insisting on a '97, he was.

This could be so easy for Stewart's (or GM) to fix.

- Dave

theblackvette said:
Well, well well!

I personally contacted the owner of that 1997 Torch Red Corvette that is located near San Francisco! What do you know, it is still available for sale!

If I owned a dealership that dropped someone's car, I would be on the phone right now!!!!!!!!!!

DO THE RIGHT THING AND PICK UP DAVE'S TORCH RED VETTE!!!!!!!!!

http://usedcorvettesforsale.com/out.php?id=7209

outside2.jpg
Sweet!

Wouldn't Dave and His Wife look Great in This Vette?

And its only 35 miles away from San Francisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO THE RIGHT THING AND GET THIS CAR FOR DAVE! Don't give Dave and his wife back the corvette that you damaged!

Dave's equivalent replacement car was found, now act on it!

outside1.jpg

It would be so much fun to Shift the Gears!

In this great looking 1997 Corvette! Wouldn't it?

Interior_1.jpg

Doesn't this look "Good as New"

Someone seems to be an expert on what looks "good as new."

Not one piece of dirt in here! This owner obviously did not treat his 1997 corvette as "just as car"

Get on the phone and get Dave his C5 already and quit taking he and his wife for a ride! Thank you!

engine_5.jpg

bossvette said:
:bash I just made a small donation to the fund, I hope it helps "Smash Stewarts"

Dave has been put thru the wringer for long enough, its time to turn the tables.
Boy I hope you can get thru to Jay Leno, but he is well guarded :L I might just have to watch the "Boob Tube" if this gets any airtime;LOL

Keep your chin up Dave
Craig sr.
Maybe if enough people get to Leno's website, it will get past the filters, and someone will pick up on it. http://www.nbc.com/boards/Leno/ You have to register to post, but maybe a couple of dozen appeals will get some attention.

- Dave

ImpalaPete said:
Shouldn't that be $31.5K ($17.5K + $14K) off of a new Vette? Just wondering.

And there wasn't even any :drink at the Dine Out! Thanks ImpalaPete for catching the error. :upthumbs

Just signed up fpr Jay Leno's message board will post a link to this thread when I get OKed, I wonder how many posts it will take before Jay sees it:L

All Right Bossvette! You da man!!!!!!

Thanks Bossvette! Let us know when it is up and running! Thanks!!!!!!

bossvette said:
Just signed up fpr Jay Leno's message board will post a link to this thread when I get OKed, I wonder how many posts it will take before Jay sees it:L

Jay Leno has a Z06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!! He loves cars!!!!!!!! And even owns a Z06!!!!!!!!

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-1955-Buick-Roadmaster-Jay-Leno.htm

Right from the article!!!!!

Spoiled by the superior look and performance of his Corvette Z06, Leno decided that his cherished Buick needed some serious attention. Beginning with the exterior, the Buick received the latest classic black and silver DuPont paint, as well as new chrome. He also had wider, stock looking wheels made to accommodate wider tires. To keep the stock appearance of the wheels, Leno even remade the vintage Buick hubcaps slightly larger in order to cover the larger wheels.

Maybe barnetdh's story would indeed interest him!!!!!!!

TLeBlanc said:
Dave,

I just sent an email to The Tonight Show from the link posted earlier. I've also registered for the Message Board !!!!
If we can catch his attention, I'm sure he'll do something. I mean, come on -- he owns a Z06! He would get it. No way is "a car just a car"!

- Dave

7 On Your Side

Hmmm -

A bit of a backlog....

7oys@kgo-tv.com said:
Thank you for contacting 7 On Your Side. Unfortunately we are a little backed up on our e-mail responses. We have your complaint in our files and will contact you with in 2 weeks.
Thank you for your patience!
Patience, patience....

We have your complaint in our files and will contact you with in 2 weeks.

"2 weeks, s**t, this thing will be over in 2 minutes! Launch Maverick on Ready One!"

Where are my rubber boots?

The BS just keeps getting deeper and deeper!

barnetdh said:
Frank, the general manager, told me it was no different than me having an accident with another driver. I wouldn't expect the other driver to replace my ...car, so why should Stewart's?
Actually...if you'd had an accident with another vehicle, and the other vehicle was totally at fault...the other driver (their insurance) WOULD have to replace your car!

Stewarts damaged your car. Not another driver. Not you. Stewarts did it all on their own!
Heidi

I think it's already too late for Stewarts to save face on this one. They've basically buried themselves with their attitude and treatment towards Dave.

Dave, have you written to any of the magazines? Perhaps they would reach a target audience that doesn't have access to the Net'.

Edmond said:
I think it's already too late for Stewarts to save face on this one. They've basically buried themselves with their attitude and treatment towards Dave.

Dave, have you written to any of the magazines? Perhaps they would reach a target audience that doesn't have access to the Net'.
Yeah, MM-C5 gave me a couple of adddresses, and I sent emails off. I'll take any email address of magazines that anyone has.

- Dave

78SilvAnniv said:
The BS just keeps getting deeper and deeper!

Actually...if you'd had an accident with another vehicle, and the other vehicle was totally at fault...the other driver (their insurance) WOULD have to replace your car!

Stewarts damaged your car. Not another driver. Not you. Stewarts did it all on their own!
Heidi
Heidi - we need hip waders. Maybe wet suits... this is far beyond rubber boots.

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom