Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Right Thing Fund

Since SPANISHVETTE has already sent a generous and thoughtful contribution, I will publish our home e-mail address for PayPal contributions to a "Do the Right Thing" fund to be used to encourage dealerships and GM to stand and deliver.

If it turns out that I don't need it, the entire proceeds go to CAC, as is only right, since none of this would have happened without the support of my friends.

Dave and Demery Barnett
d_barnett@sbcglobal.net

Hmmm. I wondered about post 408 . . . No response.

But this is great!

Payment Details
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Pay
To:d_barnett@sbcglobal.net
User Status:Unverified Premier Member (0)
Type:Quasi-cash
Amount:$10.00 USDTotal Amount:$10.00 USD
Email Subject:Stewart's in HELL

to anyone who can help. I went to paypal to contribuite, but I don't know what category to select for this situation on their payment form? sorry , I'm not good with this. any help would be great!

TomTom72,

I selected Goods (other) this is primarily for the credit card company's use. If you select cash they will handle it as a "cash advance" for which additional fees apply.

Okay, It is my Time to Chime In!

Hello friends,

I have been very quiet here lately. Dave has definitely been leading the charge. My work in getting a rally started was successfully completed and it is Dave that is in total control of this thread. Once the rally was started it was time to hand it over to Dave.

I am so thrilled and impressed with the overwelming support from the Corvette community and those from other non-corvette communities.

It is apalling that after I located several similar Corvettes around the United States and one as close as 35 miles away to the San Francisco area, that a replacement vehicle has not been presented to Mr. Dave! What does that tell us?

Spanishvettes, you have proved yourself to be a great leader!!!!! I applaud you!

Dave is there a P.O. Box number or another snail mail address you can provide for those who do not wish to use paypal?

Once again thank you all for supporting the rally, and I especially want to thank Rob, the administrators, and moderators for continuing to make this Dave's home for telling his story. This demonstrates your committment to Corvette owners! Dave, believe it or not, I STILL think that something good will happen. I continue to have good hope!

P.S. Rob, I am so sorry about the overloading of circuits the other day on CAC! :L

Best regards,

the blackvette

KOPBET said:
Dang it Stewart's! Those pics hurt ME and it's not MY car!

:mad :mad :mad I hear lawyers can be expensive.

I wonder if barnetdh has a paypal account ... :upthumbs
I didn't, but I do now:D

theblackvette said:
Hello friends,

Spanishvettes, you have proved yourself to be a great leader!!!!! I applaud you!
Dave is there a P.O. Box number or another snail mail address you can provide for those who do not wish to use paypal?

the blackvette
Yes, spanishvette has been fantastic, as has the theblackvette, and many others on this forum. Thank you, all!

Snail mail:

EDIT by 67HEAVEN
Dave, it is rarely a good idea to post your home address on the Internet. Crazy things can happen.

If, however, you have no reservations, then do so again and I'll leave it up.

You could offer to eMail it to members.

Hey, everyone! The funds are starting to rack up already, and I've just barely had my coffee! Dang! This is amazing.

Thank you all! :w

- Dave

barnetdh said:
Yes, spanishvette has been fantastic, as has the theblackvette, and many others on this forum. Thank you, all!

Snail mail:

EDIT by 67HEAVEN
Dave, it is rarely a good idea to post your home address on the Internet. Crazy things can happen.

If, however, you have no reservations, then do so again and I'll leave it up.

You could offer to eMail it to members.
You're right 67Heaven. I was just thinking of my friends on the forum, and not people who are just browsing.

Anyone who wants my home address, please contact me by private message.

- Dave

Dave, I can't remember in all the posts if anyone had mentioned sending a letter to the state Insurance Commission if you not happy or feel your being shortchanged the way your being treated by their insurance company. Insurance companies cringe when they get a complaint from those folks. Since your in letter writing mode, couldn't hurt. Just my .02. Hang in there
Ed

barnetdh said:
Hey, everyone! The funds are starting to rack up already, and I've just barely had my coffee! Dang! This is amazing.

Thank you all! :w

- Dave

You know Dave, this adds a whole new twist to the Human Iinterest element of what has now become An Event.

Those media that have been slow to respond should get thier heads turned with:

Colma Chevy Dealer Drops Customer'c Corvette - Worldwide Auto Enthusiasts and Internet Forums Contribute to Fund For Legal Action

It is amazing to me that they have yet to pick up on this.

How about Jay Leno - heck, he's certainly a car buff!

Tom

Dave,

once again - a LAWYER should be involved - it is time to get this resolved, and not be in a letter-writing campaign, etc.

Ed02 said:
Dave, I can't remember in all the posts if anyone had mentioned sending a letter to the state Insurance Commission if you not happy or feel your being shortchanged the way your being treated by their insurance company. Insurance companies cringe when they get a complaint from those folks. Since your in letter writing mode, couldn't hurt. Just my .02. Hang in there
Ed
Good idea, ED!

- Dave

c5vetter said:
Dave,

once again - a LAWYER should be involved - it is time to get this resolved, and not be in a letter-writing campaign, etc.
A lawyer would clearly be the most effective approach, but, given how expensive California lawyers are (especially good ones), I'm afraid that unless I can get attorney's fees awarded, it may cost me something like $6,000 to get another $5,000 out of Stewarts.

If all an attorney has to do is issue a few letters, and Stewart's rolls over, I come out way ahead. But if we have to go to court, I may have to pay more $$$ than I would gain. Since Stewart's shows no inclination to follow a win-win and save everybody money and time (e.g., by just replacing my car), they may insist on going to court.

I have been having discussions with lawyers on this, but before moving forward, I would want to be fairly certain that if I have to go to court, I will win.

- Dave

trying to get jay leno's attention would be very interesting. the only way that I know of would just be the tonight shows website and Email it. the web address is somthing like "tonightshow@abc.com or somthing like that. I would give a few dollars to the legal fund but I'm so broke I can't even pay attention; good luck just the same though

wishIhadavette said:
trying to get jay leno's attention would be very interesting. the only way that I know of would just be the tonight shows website and Email it. the web address is somthing like "tonightshow@abc.com or somthing like that. I would give a few dollars to the legal fund but I'm so broke I can't even pay attention; good luck just the same though
You read my mind. I think it's a great idea. I already wrote up a letter and forwarded it to Dave for his approval before sending it to the Tonight Show.

:bash I just made a small donation to the fund, I hope it helps "Smash Stewarts"

Dave has been put thru the wringer for long enough, its time to turn the tables.
Boy I hope you can get thru to Jay Leno, but he is well guarded :L I might just have to watch the "Boob Tube" if this gets any airtime;LOL

Keep your chin up Dave
Craig sr.

This is such a shame. It is so unfortunate that the dealers ruin the ownership experience of these otherwise great cars. I recently had a bad experience with Thomas Chevrolet in Media Pa.(no where near as bad as yours) that made me wish that I did not own my Z06. I ended up fixing the car myself so I knew it was done correctly without damaging my car but it makes me feel like the 7 year warranty I paid so much money for is basically worthless. I am unsure that I will buy another Corvette soley based on my dealer experience. This dealer should do whatever they need to to make this customer happy even if it mean giving him a new or almost new vette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom