Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent a note to the fleet manager informing him of this. It appears he is the highest ranking official you can reach on that website. Let see if he returns my e-mail and/or has a representive come here and give us a status of the situation.

Our buddy here needs our help. This shouldn't happen to anyone!!!!!! Including Mustang owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you did indeed send a note please say you did so. I would like to know if anyone else is going to team up with me to help this guy out! Thanks!

The link is: http://www.stewartcars.com/

The only advice I can give is "don't let the dealship start taking the car apart" in the body shop. Demand that they don't touch the car until all the issues related to replacement are resolved. Good luck, I would deal only with the GM of the dealership, get rid of the assistant he is just a go-between to try to give the GM some degree of "denyability". I agree with giving the dealership a reasonable chance to "make it right" you decide what the definition of that is not the dealership, but if they don't and if the GM won't deal with you directly then get the papers, tv, an lawers involved they will come crawling then.

Good Luck
GO SOONERS
:beer

Once again this is great advice here!!!!!

But, I hope others here will take my advice and send a note to the dealership to the link I provided. It will only take a moment of your time and they will know that their actions are being observed, NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!!!

Please help this guy out! It could have happened to anyone of us!!!!!!

76okievette said:
The only advice I can give is "don't let the dealship start taking the car apart" in the body shop. Demand that they don't touch the car until all the issues related to replacement are resolved. Good luck, I would deal only with the GM of the dealership, get rid of the assistant he is just a go-between to try to give the GM some degree of "denyability". I agree with giving the dealership a reasonable chance to "make it right" you decide what the definition of that is not the dealership, but if they don't and if the GM won't deal with you directly then get the papers, tv, an lawers involved they will come crawling then.

Good Luck
GO SOONERS
:beer

theblackvette said:
But, I hope others here will take my advice and send a note to the dealership to the link I provided. It will only take a moment of your time and they will know that their actions are being observed, NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!!!

Please help this guy out! It could have happened to anyone of us!!!!!!
Count me in!

I used the "Contact Us" instant e-mail screen to the service dept. We'll see if anyone "replies" :L (not holding my breath).

Good luck barnetdh.

Thanks for helping out! I just don't want to be the only one *****ing to them! This is good! Thanks again Kopbet!!!!!!

KOPBET said:
Count me in!

I used the "Contact Us" instant e-mail screen to the service dept. We'll see if anyone "replies" :L (not holding my breath).

Good luck barnetdh.

theblackvette said:
I just sent a note to the fleet manager informing him of this. It appears he is the highest ranking official you can reach on that website. Let see if he returns my e-mail and/or has a representive come here and give us a status of the situation.

Our buddy here needs our help. This shouldn't happen to anyone!!!!!! Including Mustang owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you did indeed send a note please say you did so. I would like to know if anyone else is going to team up with me to help this guy out! Thanks!

The link is: http://www.stewartcars.com/
I did send Stewart a note saying that I hope they give this guy a used C5 if these pictures are real and it happened as alleged.

I just sent an email stating that I was concerned that this problem be resolved to Dave's satisfaction in a timely matter. I would suggest that anyone contacting the dealership do so in a mature and business like manner. Overly emotional responses will not help Dave's position.

I also think that a flood of emails will get their attention and there is nothing wrong with contacting them and voicing your concern over a fellow member's problem. The Fleet Mgr. doesn't have anything to do with service so I sent my email to the service department. It's too bad they don't have an email address for the GM or other high ranking position. Maybe there is a reason for that?

Tom

Yes, thanks Tom Bryant and sothpaw!!!!

And YES-send a note that shows intelligence!

Keeps notes short and to the point!!!!

If anyone hears a response notify us immediately!!!!!!

I am going to search for a GM e-mail address!!!!

Corvette owners must stand up for our own!!!!!!!!

Tom Bryant said:
I just sent an email stating that I was concerned that this problem be resolved to Dave's satisfaction in a timely matter. I would suggest that anyone contacting the dealership do so in a mature and business like manner. Overly emotional responses will not help Dave's position.

I also think that a flood of emails will get their attention and there is nothing wrong with contacting them and voicing your concern over a fellow member's problem. The Fleet Mgr. doesn't have anything to do with service so I sent my email to the service department. It's too bad they don't have an email address for the GM or other high ranking position. Maybe there is a reason for that?

Tom

I too have sent a note to the service manager I hope barnetdh gets the treatment he deserves which in my eyes would be "pick of the lot" from their stock of C-5's. I do not see how his car can be returned to the condition it was when he drove it in to be serviced.

the fact that the dealer moved it to a body shop to start repairs instead of asking barnedth "what can we do to make this right" tells me it may not be an easy road.

The Letter recieved from GM is most likely a standard form letter posted to you by a clerk, keep trying I can't believe GM could not exert some pressure expecially if negative publicity is involved.

Good luck and welcome to CAC, stick around afterwards and people will help you to do your own work.

Thanks bossvette and darth vtr for helping out!!!!!

I really hope he does get "the pick of the C5's"

There is a contact area on the gm website, but I think we should wait and here if they will respond! Maybe barnetdh is getting results as we speak!!!!!!

DRTH VTR said:
I sent an e-mail to the service department. :D

I have also sent the service department a note on this subject as well as inviting them to visit CAC for a look around.

I must say again, this is the reason that CAC is the best Corvette site on the internet!!

Brett

theblackvette said:
Thanks bossvette and darth vtr for helping out!!!!!

I really hope he does get "the pick of the C5's"

There is a contact area on the gm website, but I think we should wait and here if they will respond! Maybe barnetdh is getting results as we speak!!!!!!
Being that his car is seven years old a direct replacement from a pick of the C5s is very unlikely, and I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to pick from Stewarts inventory either. The only reasonable liability in my view would be a negotiated value cash settlement and possibly monetary loss for temporary displacement. Dave can then go buy a replacement car of his choice. He won't be getting a new car out of the deal just because they wrecked his old one.

I sent an e-mail to the service dept manager in reference to this incident. I asked him to respond by replacing the car or the value of the loss. It seems to me that would be the proper response.

barnetdh said:
Got some pictures
I suspect what happened is that the lift arms were to far forward and car slid forward, jamming the arms up through the fender wells and the front half of the car smacked the ground or the oil drum he mentioned. I'd really like to see the underside of the car. I'd be after a complete total. Good luck. Jeff

You are right Kopbet, he would likely be only entitled to the value of the car and money for displacement of the vehicle.

Will that make him happy? Perhaps, I don't know. But I think it would be in good taste for the dealership to offer him more than the mininum to demonstrate good will.

Again, thanks for everyone sending your notes to the dealership. Hopefully, something good will come out of this.

KOPBET said:
Being that his car is seven years old a direct replacement from a pick of the C5s is very unlikely, and I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to pick from Stewarts inventory either. The only reasonable liability in my view would be a negotiated value cash settlement and possibly monetary loss for temporary displacement. Dave can then go buy a replacement car of his choice. He won't be getting a new car out of the deal just because they wrecked his old one.

barnetdh said:
"as good as new"
I'd make them eat their words on this one. Have them fix the thing then give you a 3year/36000, no deductable, transferable, bumper-to-bumper warranty on the thing. Anything that comes up for the next 3years they get to fix for free. You deserve something for their stupidity and they're the ones that said as good as new.

I'd also try to work it out so if you ever do have to bring it in you get a vette as a loaner. Insisting on a C6 might be pushing it but there the ones who caused the problem in the first place.

Just as a side note, I've found the best place for negotiating at a dealership is right in the middle of their show room. I think they all have that little island somewhere in the room. It's amazing what you can get done if you start bringing up what idiots they are when there a the couple of people looking at the new vehicles within earshot.

What do you think a 1997 Corvette that has 40,000 miles in good condition would be worth?

It is a shame that you can pretty much scratch this one of kind introductory C5 off the list. I don't see how you can make it "good as new!"

warren s said:
I would file a report with my insurance company, let them fight with the dealer. Even if the car is not totaled you may want to be.
This is probably the best advice so far. It is exactly what I would do, because the insurance companies have or retain lawers that most normal people can''t begin to afford. They will talk lawer to lawer with the dealer and get a settlement that will most likely be much better than you could get on your own. Plus, the insurance Co. may get the settlement much sooner because they won't let the dealer's lawers run them in circles. Not much advice in here, but maybe it makes some sense to you in using the insurance company to fight the battle, saving you the hassels.

BTW, sorry to hear about your misfortune, but maybe some good will come out of it... like maybe a good down payment on a new 2004 or 2005 C6.

vettepilot

Stewart Please Make Good with Barnetdh!!!!!!!!!

We all know accidents happen. We all know you did not do it on purpose! But, you must make this as easy as possible for Barnetdh!!!!!!!

Show good will and take care of Barnetdh. I have a feeling you are reading this here now. Hence, the dramatic increase in viewers!

I saw photos of your dealership and it looks like a reputable business. Demonstrate that you are reputable and take care of our good friend Barnetdh!!!!

Additionally, if you do not wish to contact each individual who sent an e-mail or post on CAC, but wish to make it known that we have been heard, I will volunteer to serve as liason! Please e-mail me a note at if you wish to communicate any comments you may have. My e-mail address is:

theblackcobrasnake@yahoo.com

I am the one that started this so I will be happy to provide communication between here and your dealership. We just want know that our corvette buddy is getting the treatment he deserves!!!!!!!

serviceimg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom