Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dirty Car Pics

A

AintQik

Some pics of the car with the painted wheels. I know its filthy. Weather here has been horrible. My hose is frozen solid.

I did the wheels in the garage. I will powder coat them if I decide to keep them. So far I love them. I know they are not for everyone.

Ported and polished heads with 2.02 Ferarra stainless valves are on. Um, it really moves. Very, quick. I haven't gone WOT because I need to tweek the computer but this thing has a gob of grunt down low. I'm guessing north of 440rwhp. I'll hit the tuner and dyno next week.

AintQik said:
Some pics of the car with the painted wheels. I know its filthy. Weather here has been horrible. My hose is frozen solid.

I did the wheels in the garage. I will powder coat them if I decide to keep them. So far I love them. I know they are not for everyone.

Ported and polished heads with 2.02 Ferarra stainless valves are on. Um, it really moves. Very, quick. I haven't gone WOT because I need to tweek the computer but this thing has a gob of grunt down low. I'm guessing north of 440rwhp. I'll hit the tuner and dyno next week.
:cool
Looks like the official spy vehicle for transfering all that NSA wiretap data from way out in the Virginia hills into DC, for processing.

Hope they pay you by the smile, not the mile, and also give you special budget line-items for all tickets and also for car wash materials, 'cause with that bad black boy, I think you are going to need both!
:beer

That is Sinister looking, hopefully all those sparkly clean SUV's I see when I go back to NJ will get out of your way when they see you coming.;LOL

PS I hope your hose is disconnected from the spicket or you will have more then a dirty car to worry about.

bossvette said:
PS I hope your hose is disconnected from the spicket or you will have more then a dirty car to worry about.
lol... oh yes, I grew up here and I know what happens if you leave it on the spout. I usually roll it up and let the water drain, but I guess there was enough in there to block it up. I'd put it in the tub but I have a 175' hose!

Good some people have learned the hard way that a "frost free" spout won't work with the hose connected. ;)
Looks like its off to the $.25 car wash for you, I took mine there new years day

Great blk on blk theme!!! Hope to see more pictures of your car.

BTW: To my surprise, that's my car on your avatar...I feel honored. ;)

AintQik said:
lol... oh yes, I grew up here and I know what happens if you leave it on the spout. I usually roll it up and let the water drain, but I guess there was enough in there to block it up. I'd put it in the tub but I have a 175' hose!
We've been having crazy warm weather here in the northeast this month. I just had to take advantage of a 55 degree january day this week to give my new C6 its first bath. My problem? My outdoor plumbing has been driained for the winter and there's no do-it-yourself car washes in my area. My solution? I finally remembered that the indoor connection to the washing machine was only a few more feet away from the outdoor spigot! Yay! The wife got a good laugh out of the fact that I left work in the afternoon to wash the car...and then went back to work afterwards. I asked her: what else does a freshly-washed car owner do on a nice day? Gotta drive it around!

DSC06564_C6.jpg

The weather was clear here this morning so I took off to the Body Lift Party and ran into snow at Herbs but the C5 handled it fine now a quick bath
DSC03189.JPG

Yes sir that is your car. It was yours that inspired me to go all black. I love it and get nothing but compliments. I have a set of 19"s and 20"s that I am powder coating. They are the stock design just bigger. I will use my stock rims for drag radials. Surprisingly the spray paint is holding up very well.

Just got back from Fl. Car loved the warm weather. Heard it was warm up here also. Of course day I come back I get stuck in the snow. 500hp and snow aint a good combo. Car is safe in the garage covered in salt/crap. Need to get it off there pronto!

AintQik said:
Yes sir that is your car. It was yours that inspired me to go all black. I love it and get nothing but compliments. I have a set of 19"s and 20"s that I am powder coating. They are the stock design just bigger. I will use my stock rims for drag radials. Surprisingly the spray paint is holding up very well.

Just got back from Fl. Car loved the warm weather. Heard it was warm up here also. Of course day I come back I get stuck in the snow. 500hp and snow aint a good combo. Car is safe in the garage covered in salt/crap. Need to get it off there pronto!

Very cool buddy! Here in So Cal., some guys think the blk'd out look is the coolest theme and others give me the thumbs down (non-vette owners), but it's all good you know cuz it definitely demands attention as you know already. Initally, I had my set powdercoated, unfortunately I didn't like the finish results so I had it redone using paint...no chipping thus far and looks so much better!

Best regards,
Richard

My painted set looks pretty good but I'm trying a new powdercoat on the other set. Its called "wet black" and its supposed to be pretty slick.

I like a black car but out here in farm country it wouldn't go very well.
I have an Impala SS that my Wife drives and its impossible to keep clean.
have you guys seen this Black Vette humor

;LOL

That's funny. Most of my cool cars have been black except the 911. Black is a pain in the butt but it looks dang sexy.

AintQik said:
That's funny. Most of my cool cars have been black except the 911. Black is a pain in the butt but it looks dang sexy.
Funny page.

I, too, used to be one of those with Crapal Tunnel Syndrome :naughty: from wiping my old black C4, but I have changed my ways!

Interesting how things change, and yet they stay the same... Late '80s... take note of my ultra cool "cowboy cadilac' land barge in the background, with de rigueur white letter tires, and 351 cleveland, and also my 1986 4+3 'vette in foreground:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
1793965corvetteandtruckoldresize.jpg

Period photo of 'vette pilot from proximate same era [please note liberal amounts of silk AND copious hair...]:
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
1793972discodude.jpg

And today... Of course, still need a truck for various logistic support, but no more swirl marks, and no more disco chains! The house could still use some trim work and painting, though...;shrug

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
1793966corvetteandtrucknewresize.jpg
[/FONT]

bossvette said:
I like a black car but out here in farm country it wouldn't go very well.
I have an Impala SS that my Wife drives and its impossible to keep clean.
have you guys seen this Black Vette humor

Cute list, but I gotta say, I've never had much trouble keeping my black Vette clean. Maybe it helps that it never sees water except that which comes out of a wash hose! I've only waxed it once in the last four years. It was a lot of work for sure, but no worse than any other color. I think the wax and the quality of the buffing cloths used really makes a difference. I like the microfiber cloths that Griot's Garage sells. Buff without fear of swirls.

72_Vette_060_sm.jpg

Great job on those wheels; I love them.:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom