Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ever just look at your vette and get a thrill all over again?

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
As I have posted before, I traded my '02 black/Lt oak vert for my new '08 JSB coupe.

I loved the C5. It is a beautiful car and I never had a bit of trouble from it. I hate to see it on the Chevy lot. I still think the C5 is a sexy car.

After I had the GAC performance exhaust installed (my sage of the 'NPP" installation) I was standing well back from my vette talking to my wife and I asked what she thought of it. She said it looked "muscular".

BTW: She did not care for the vert because she does not like the wind in her hair (;shrug) and it felt closed in to her. She love the '08.

When I got out of the vette this morning I looked with a new appreciation. I have to admit, after having this for a little over a month, the C6 truly looks like a very muscular C5. Maybe a C5 on steriods.

Mine is a 'simple' 1LT with ClearBra protection and 35% tinting added. I will add a Panasonic or Kenwood in-dash system this year but otherwise I love it as it is.

:thumb

I know this is the C6 forum but I feel the same effect everytime I wash mine after it's gotten dirty from the daily commute. Now when I had the C3, it happened every single time I opened the door to the garage and saw it sitting there.:D

I know this is the C6 forum but I feel the same effect everytime I wash mine after it's gotten dirty from the daily commute. Now when I had the C3, it happened every single time I opened the door to the garage and saw it sitting there.:D

Hi Eric - I have had one vette from each generation from C3 to C6. I agree with you, as long as it is a vette it is a huge thrill. It is cool that we have a hobby that can cause that feeling.:thumb

I did not tell my parents that I had traded my BMW in on Lust, so when I drove down to California for my sisters B-day, they were very surprised. My Mom actually started to cry. :D

Anyway, once she recovered, that was one of the first qestions she asked me. I told her that every time I finish washing Lust, I sit on the washer for a few minutes and just smile. :D

And as Eric said, every morning when I open the door to the garage, I get a little tingle.

:thumb Jason

Everytime I open the garage door and take it for a spin.

...I told her that every time I finish washing Lust, I sit on the washer for a few minutes and just smile. :D

And as Eric said, every morning when I open the door to the garage, I get a little tingle.

:thumb Jason

You know, late Monday night, I returned home from a trip to the Pacific Northwest. The trip was frought with bad weather and even worse roads. After that 13 hour second day of driving, the car was, in a word, filthy.

I had planned an extra vacation day after that, figuring I'd need one "recovery" day. First thing Tuesday morning, I got started washing Vixen. The dirt was so bad, particularly around the wheels and on the sides, it took three washings to clean her, and I had to pour out the old wash water and use a fresh batch of soapy water (yes, I used a Zaino wash).

When it was finally all finished, I had to stop and take in just how good she looked. My reward for that "zen time" was how she shined, in complete defiance to everything the elements and Wyoming road construction projects threw at her the day before. I got goosebumps.
:)

I get that feeling twice, once when I look at the vette and again when I see my wife :upthumbs......Life is good:thumb

Yes, I always get that tingly feeling when I see my Corvette...whether it is when I open the garage or when I come out of a building and see it parked. Then I get that feeling all over again when I get in, start it and take off! :thumb

Elaine

Lat night was first night with the new 08, I went out in the gargare three times just to look at it, got the same feeling each time. It really looks great sitting next to the '76'.

Especially after I've just cleaned it - it's worth the TLC.

Every day, and even more when driven.

Lat night was first night with the new 08, I went out in the gargare three times just to look at it, got the same feeling each time. It really looks great sitting next to the '76'.

I wish I still had my other vettes (and a garage big enough for all) to go with it.:D

I wish I still had my other vettes (and a garage big enough for all) to go with it.:D
Bonnell, Now you sound like me and I'm sure, many others. I had 6 in my life and everytime time getting behind the wheel of any of them it was always a thrill.........and yes, I wished I kept them all...............

Bonnell, Now you sound like me and I'm sure, many others. I had 6 in my life and everytime time getting behind the wheel of any of them it was always a thrill.........and yes, I wished I kept them all...............

:D:thumb

Ever just look at your vette and get a thrill all over again?

Everytime I open the garage door and take it for a spin.

Me too!

That is a nice looking C3. I have always loved that body.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom