Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exactly how are VATS values expressed?

BulletTime

Corvette
2000 Sebring Silver 6-spd
I'm hoping someone has the definitive answer to this...I'm ordering a blank OEM key from a ebay retailer for my 2000 coupe. I read the Resistance Value memo on the CAC from retired engineer Jerry Watts, and had my existing key read by a technician at my job. The same reading came from two different (expensive) machines:
2.368 kOhms, or 2368 Ohms. The retailer sells the blanks with pellet values (in whole numbers) of 2 through 15; so how does my value fit in? I'm positive that the machines are accurate.

BulletTime said:
I'm hoping someone has the definitive answer to this...I'm ordering a blank OEM key from a ebay retailer for my 2000 coupe. I read the Resistance Value memo on the CAC from retired engineer Jerry Watts, and had my existing key read by a technician at my job. The same reading came from two different (expensive) machines:
2.368 kOhms, or 2368 Ohms. The retailer sells the blanks with pellet values (in whole numbers) of 2 through 15; so how does my value fit in? I'm positive that the machines are accurate.
Here you go: looks like you need a #8

VATS Code -- Resistance

1 -- 392 ohms
2 -- 523 ohms
3 -- 681 ohms
4 -- 887 ohms
5 -- 1.13k ohms
6 -- 1.47k ohms
7 -- 1.87k ohms
8 -- 2.37k ohms
9 -- 3.01k ohms
10 -- 3.74k ohms
11 -- 4.75k ohms
12 -- 6.04k ohms
13 -- 7.50k ohms
14 -- 9.53k ohms
15 -- 11.80k ohms

looks like an 8 to me :L steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom