Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

gear shift rattle when cold

gatorp

Corvette
2006 daytona sunset orange,z51,6m,3lt
2006,z51,6m coupe.My gear shift "rattles,vibrates" when cold...most noticible in first and second gear. Goes away when warm. I haven`t had my car back to the dealer since pickup in April,5k on the odometer. A few years back I had a similar noise in my z28/6sd but never had it fixed because a drunk totaled it for me while it was parked!!! I`m sure it`s not serious,just annoying...anyone else with this "rattle'?

Is this similar to what you are hearing?

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23556&highlight=gear+rattle

Noisy transmissions are normal for the C5. Is the same transmission in the C6?
Read all the replies in the above link...the noise I have is NOT in the tranny,it is definately localized in the shifter itself. It is a high pitched vibration/rattle noise for lack of a better desciption and I can exert force on the shifter while the noise is present and change the intensity..I know on some manual trans there are adjustable limit stops on the shifter rails...never had one of theses apart so not sure if the design includes this adjustment. Either way,it goes away when warm (expansion taking up the slack) so I am not too concerned. thanks for the reply!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom