Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LongTimer

I think most of us believe that GM pays attention to these forums. In my opinion the changes / improvements in the C6 demonstrates an attempt to satisfy some of our feedback / criticisms. Most of you regulars know I have been a big proponent of the C6. However, the new License Plate Mount - as seen here - demonstrates, IMO, a lack of planning and taste. Please vote to let GM know what you think:

Sat_12.jpg

Lol! ;lol

for all you folks that just LUV the C6 - that is innovation for you!

Imachad said:
UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY. Hideous.... :cry
no wonder "dad" bought a 2004 instead after waiting on the C-6;LOL I think I would go "Bubba" and baleing wire the license plate someplace else instead.

Sure just put holes in the front to the C6 that's the worst thought out plate holder I have ever seen in my life, I would not purchast the C6 if I had to put holes in the front of it!!!

Come on GM - make somthing like we had on the 1960 Vette. This will not do!
On second thought - SOMEONE HAS GOT TO BE KIDDING US - PLEASE SAY IT'S SO!!!!

Write Chevy directly - Email them phone them - I just did. We need to all try to change this!

Front Plate

I'm sorry, but that front plate mount is nothing short of butt ugly. I live in a front plate state, and I will NOT order that option. I'll just keep the front plate with me in the car and show it to them if they stop me.

Wayne:(

Good luck Jazzlove, here in Ca the first is a fix it ticket after that they get serious and it starts to cost you points (points = Insurance $$).

Here in Maine we HAVE to run a front plate, BUT I can tell ya, if thats the only plate frame available,I WONT run a plate or I will make my own!!!!! They must have had a contest between the CHILDREN (under 12) of the engineers, with the biggest piece of s--t winning!!!!!! What a way to ruin an already way to VIPERISH front end!!!!!:( :( :cry

Imachad said:
UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY. Hideous.... :cry
I think I would be contacting "Q" at MI6 to dream me up something James Bond style instead of that thing......

I can just imagine the airflow in the wind tunnel with that POS attached.....if I was a cop, I'd stop ya and give ya a ticket for having it installed in a front plate state.

Gm sure shot them selves in the foot with that design...Although PA doesn't require a front plate if I lived in a state that did I wouldn't buy the car just because its so ugly.

The engineer who designed this must have went to the same school as the engineer who designed the oil filter mount on my Tacoma. It took me 3 hours to get it off the first time, the 2nd time I relocated it. Idiots!

I have to agree. This looks very very bad, almost like they slapped it on there in five minutes. If i lived in a state that required a front license plate, and i was going to buy a vette I think i might just get a C5 instead.

THAT IS @#$%&*@#*!&@#^$!^%#*!^@%($! UGLY!!!! I cannot believe they are even considering such a hideous and disgusting attempt at a front plate!!!!Someone needs to be fired over that decesion!!!

The aftermarket guys will fix it don't worry. All anyone is going to see is the back plate anyway.

This might already be an "aftermarket" bracket. From what I've read so far, GM announced at BG last weekend that it is introducing it's own line of Corvette accessories called "Genuine Corvette Acessories." Some pics are floating around of a few items they are releasing for sale as aftermarket for the C6. Body colored door handles, body colored CHMSL, the 10 spoke wheels (in 4 finishes), AND a license plate bracket...body colored. I think this may be it. Though unfortunately, it is probably an improvement on the GM factory bracket. My .02

And it is ugly.

If this is truly "production" and not "Corvette aftermarket-based", then I'm not fond of it. I think the integration was much better in the C4 and C5, however, I would prefer to see the requirement for a front license plate removed in the USA period.

I don't see what the point is of having a front license plate and in most cases, it looks ugly on a car.

LongTimer said:
I think most of us believe that GM pays attention to these forums. In my opinion the changes / improvements in the C6 demonstrates an attempt to satisfy some of our feedback / criticisms. Most of you regulars know I have been a big proponent of the C6. However, the new License Plate Mount - as seen here - demonstrates, IMO, a lack of planning and taste. Please vote to let GM know what you think:

Sat_12.jpg
I was hoping that this was a joke..... Normally I don't have strong feelings one way or another on these polls, but I got to vote no on this one.
In fact, if I were a law enforcement officer, I would ticket somebody for defacing a perfectly good C6 Corvette, front plate requirement or not.

In those immortal words... "What were they thinking?"

vettepilot

I agree that the front License plate holder looks horrible but let's face it...do any front license plates look good?

We're lucky in Florida that we don't need to use front license plates.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to placement for the
front license plate on the C6?
Does the front end styling of the C6 lend itself to the incorporation of a holder?

Would a front plate look good anywhere on the C6?

What can we do to change the laws in states that require front plates?

I for one have seen the car and it will have to grow on me. For now I will stick with my C5.

Just my thoughts.

Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom