Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

• Thread starter Thread starter LongTimer
  • Start date Start date

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
invinceablevett said:
Up here in Cnada we have no need to put a front liscence plate,this one really looks ugly.

Well...at least in Montreal we don't need them;). Feel bad for our Ontario nighbors:mad

Too bad, this must be a result of some kind of civil servant making up rules, because at home he has nothing to tell, so a pedestrian will or will not break a leg on impact... Or even worse, GM willing to make this car longer so it looks good on paper. And who would know the difference in reality? So many mistakes in 1 car and all to beat Porsche...If I want a Porsche I'll buy one, if I want a Corvette I don't want to buy a Porsche competitor...we want a big and fast car, light, big hood, V8, great bold looks....not that stylishness stuff, they had the Stingray III and trew it away...WHY oh WHY???

JPS said:
we want a big and fast car, light, big hood, V8, great bold looks....not that stylishness stuff, they had the Stingray III and trew it away...WHY oh WHY???

I agree with you. I liked the Stingyray III, care to share a tissue.:cry

I loved that Black cherry paint job it had.:cry

LongTimer said:
I think most of us believe that GM pays attention to these forums. In my opinion the changes / improvements in the C6 demonstrates an attempt to satisfy some of our feedback / criticisms. Most of you regulars know I have been a big proponent of the C6. However, the new License Plate Mount - as seen here - demonstrates, IMO, a lack of planning and taste.

Front plates are required in my state of New York, but the dealer knows better than to apply the (er, obtrusive...) front holder. They wisely leave that decision to the owner. Of all the C6s I've seen in my area, no one has applied it. We've all decided to take the risk of being pulled over. Personally, I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather pay the fine than add that afterthought to the front of the Vette.

DSC06565M_2.jpg

SuperSpectureGuard Plate

If I had to put one of these on I would also install a Super SpectureGuard plate so your license number remains private from those photo cams and radar cams out there. Install 2 of them front and back.

plate

I read that there is a law on the books that says if the manufacturer or car does not have a place to put the front plate,it isn't needed.I know those arent the exact word's,but you all get the idea.I don't know if it's on NEW YORK'S BOOKS, but I hope so!I am in NY and I just leave mine in the back storage bin.

C6 Front license plate holder

My opinion: I have never seen a license plate holder quite so beautiful. I did not know any automotive design had been done by Salvadore Dali (or maybe the Dali Lama -- or maybe an actual lama).

The NCM Store is selling a below the nose license plate mount leaves the nose clean and pretty. Check it out in the C6 section of the store. They do mention that it is very low and may not comply with some states inspection rules though.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com.

Tuna said:
The NCM Store is selling a below the nose license plate mount leaves the nose clean and pretty. Check it out in the C6 section of the store. They do mention that it is very low and may not comply with some states inspection rules though.

Thanks for the tip. Just traded my C5 for a C6 and was worried about the butt ugly front plate mount. 2 plates are required in Wisconsin, although I've been running the C5 without one for over a year now and haven't been pulled over yet. It's nice to have a backup plan just in case I do.

Dave
2005 C6 silver/black coupe
2006 Trailblazer SS (the "other" vette)

abc said:
If I had to put one of these on I would also install a Super SpectureGuard plate so your license number remains private from those photo cams and radar cams out there. Install 2 of them front and back.

CORRECTION: Don't even think of purchasing these anti-photo radar plates from TelestarOne SpectureGuard as you will get a ticket as soon as any LEO sees your license plate because these plates don't work. They obstruct your license number so you will stick out like a ski mask in a bank. They make an false advertisement claim that their plates are readable from behind but they aren't. So in this case forget about the photo cams and avoid these like the plague. This company puts so many disclaimers on their website with no guarantees on their product and as such you can see why because they don't work. They use a P.O. Box because they don't want to be located and are operating out of a cellphone and residence.

Easy Big BOY

Well Bill while you Ramble on and on and on, without you knowing it someone of us have tried to do someting about it, I happend to live in the GREAT STATE of TEXAS, it's the really big one (just in case you think some of us lack the intelligence to know) anyway I have written Chevy and the STATE OF TEXAS (our government officials) about the front license plate issue and have actually gotten some positive respones back from STATE OF TEXAS officals, of course GM has done nothing (did you expect anything less?) However there is a company out there that actually makes a nice looking removable front license plate holder for the C6, here is the link just in case some of the non intelligent persons can't find it.... And by the way I don't really think most of the people here are complaining about the C5 front plate I do believe most are refering to the C6.
www.rmcorvette.com go to the area called New Stuff and you will see that some people will do homework before speaking.....Remember Bill this is a FORUM people are allowed to speak their mind..........EVEN YOU!
Now would you call this "getting with the solution"?

You have a nice day Bill....and enjoy your Vette with the UGLY front plate
Bill T... said:
Just an opinion on front license plates on the C6 Corvette……………..
It just amazes me on all the feedback on this subject…
Just like the nuclear power plant protesters, war protesters, environment protesters, pro and con
abortion protesters, and all the other protesters. Now we have the C5 Corvette front license plate
protester…..I look at all you hundreds of protesters and hardly see any intelligence constructive input
for an alternative answer. You all bad mouth things without offering solutions..GM designed a most
beautiful front end on the new Corvette. Unfortunately some state governments require a front license
plate. GM can’t control that, you can by working through your political process. Have even one of you tried??
I have not seen any sketches or designs or any kind of input. I have seen a weak after market idea. Just big mouths bad mouthing. You people are suppose to be intelligence.. Come on get with the solutions!!!!!!

I like it but it wouldn't be legal in IL. The vehicle code here says the bottom of the plate has to be mounted horizontally, and a minimum of 5" off the ground. If a LEO was out to get you for no front plate, they would probably give you a ticket for this mount as well.

I would propose some sort of extra fee that enthusiasts could pay in order to go without a front plate. That way the state gets extra $$$, which I think is the true motivation behind silly front plates. In order to distinguish cars that can run without a front plate, the rear plate would need a different registration sticker. Given the relatively small number of drivers who would go for this option, I can't think of a good reason why this wouldn't work.

I pick my car up next week, and have this license plate mount sitting in my basement:

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_merchandise.htm (scroll down a bit)

I won't put it on until after the first time I get pulled over.

BTW... first post.

Tuna said:

I'm not trying to get into a Pis*ING contest with you, your the scarcastic one talking about how no one has any intelligence to check these things out...well I did and that's your COMEBACK.....? If your going to act that Immature then please just don't answer me....or anyone else for that matter, people are here to help one another....that's what this forum is all about, if you can't deal with that then maybe you should jump to a forum that's deals with tricycles or Vipers or something of that caliber.

TEXAS, that's what's great about it...................PERIOD!!! and the fact that it's not anywhere near Minnesota!
You have a nice day!

Bill T... said:
Please tell me what is great in the State of Texas????????

Cowboys??????

caddy said:
I'm not trying to get into a Pis*ING contest with you, your the scarcastic one talking about how no one has any intelligence to check these things out...well I did and that's your COMEBACK.....? If your going to act that Immature then please just don't answer me....or anyone else for that matter, people are here to help one another....that's what this forum is all about, if you can't deal with that then maybe you should jump to a forum that's deals with tricycles or Vipers or something of that caliber.

TEXAS, that's what's great about it...................PERIOD!!! and the fact that it's not anywhere near Minnesota!
You have a nice day!

Well said Caddy!!:upthumbs

To Caddy

My user name is Bill T...
I need to apologize to you CADDY and the forum my remarks
are completely out of line I am truly sorry I make no excuse I am wrong
I am a Corvette person and I'd like to think I got the guts to stand up
and say I'M SORRY..I am suppose to know better.If there is anything
more I can say or do please let me know. God Bless my Texas Brothers

thankyou for listening Bill

Cool

Hey it's cool Bill, I appreciate your post, and I too must apologize for my comments about You folks up in Minn. I meant no disrespect, sometimes I think we all take things to personal.
We're all here about the Best car on the Planet and to help each other out.
Thanks

smook said:
I'm waiting for my first ticket. It will be $110CDN.
Hey, nice driveway. Love that stone.:_rock

5185c6it_002.jpg
Hey, nice driveway; love that stone.:_rock

What was GM thinking

A front license plate on a Corvette. I would pay xtra fees here in Texas not have one. The absurdity of a front plate:eyerole . A C-6 with a front plate never. The Corvette is America's sports car. I bought my C-4 without a front plate.
I wonder where it is????????????

abc said:
:r Forget the above idea. This product doesn't work at least from this vendor. The plate cover covers your license so you will get a citation real fast from any law enforcement officer. TelstarOne claims your plate will be visible from the rear as advertised but put the plates on and it looks like duct tape is covering your license.
Perhaps other vendors out there have a real product that works.
My advice is for you not to buy anything from these crooks. They sell these anti-photo plates that don't work. They have all of this BS crap disclaimers on their website so they don't back the product.
They operate out of a P.O. box in Homossasa Springs, Florida cause they don't want to be found or accept refunds or returns of their phony anti-photo plates. CAN'T DELIVER TO A P.O. BOX.
Customer satisfaction? They will not respond to any correspondence sent to them.
It was also found out that they have other websites they sell covert cameras, spy surveillance equipment, telephone voice changing machine, bugs, wire tap equipment so I can see why they don't want to be found and use a P.O. box. Can't really deliver to a p.o. box and if notices are left they don't respond. Did I already mention that?:mad
Should you pay by credit card which is your best protection from crooked merchants this merchant will threaten to sue you.
They also tape your conversations without disclosure of private conversation being taped. Of course they just happen to sell this kind of stuff on another website-THIS IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE tapping a private phone conversation.
Lesson learned here is if you purchase anything through the internet and out of your state use a credit card as that is your only recourse of action to get your funds back when you end up dealing with shady vendors on the internet.
Name of this company is TelstarOne they sell SpecterGuard anti-photo license plates so they claim. Avoid them like the plague. They will call you everyday to harass you and threaten you with law suits if your credit cards settles a dispute in your favor. Pay by check or money order you will never hear from them again.:mad :r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom