Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Going full circle!

marinablu67

Hello everyone!

After almost 50 years, I'm looking to buy my second Corvette!
As a teenager in the early 60's, watching Route 66 with my family, when the show introduced the 63 Stingray, I knew then and there that I was going to have one some day! I just absolutely fell in love with the car!
1966 came along and for my HS graduation, my grandmother gave me an unexpected gift! A check for $5,000 that I could use for whatever I wanted. I was already driving, and my first car on the road was a 58 Chevy Impala convertible.

But that check was burning a hole in my pocket, so I went down to the local Chevy dealer and picked up a 67 catalog! I spent quite a bit of time putting the car together of my dreams with in the $5K budget that I had. My father went back to the dealer with me, and we ordered the car. The salesman almost fell off his seat when I handed him the check. It took over 2 months to get!

The car was a roadster with 427/390, factory A/C, Muncie 4sp close ratio, Off road exhaust, matching hardtop, Marina blue exterior, black interior, and a black soft top.

Sorry I didn't keep it. I sold it about a year later to buy a 68 GTO convertible.

So today, I'm retired, driving a Chevy Silverado 2500HD PU, and living in what's known as the rust belt or the NE for the last 20 years. Finally, selling the house and moving down to the Sunshine State, and what better place, but to have a nice roadster once again!

I've been reading and catching up on what's available today in the used market that's in my price range, and really like the C6, so that's what I have my sights on.

BTW, my avatar is one of the few photos I have of my 67 Vette taken during the summer of 67 with 2 friends!

Welcome aboard! :thumb

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! Glad to have you here with us! :w

Welcome Aboard

Welcome marinablu67 WELCOME TO CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we certainly are glad you've decided to join us. You've lead a true blue dedication to GM it seems, nice story. The hunt is half the fun, might suggest if you haven't already check out New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars for Sale and Reviews at Autotrader web site if nothing more than get familiar for what's out there and pricing.

-Bill

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Bill, thanks for the link!

By the time I get to FL next month, I'll have a really good idea of what to look for!

I know some people will buy a car online sight unseen, and have it shipped to their home!
I can't buy a car without seeing it in person, and road testing it first before obligating myself.
So it makes it more difficult to find a car at the right price and condition, because the seller has to be within a reasonable driving distance!

My perseverance has paid off in the past!

Charlie

Welcome to CAC and the group.

I definitely agree as we drove 2-3 hours to pick ours up.

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!

Welcome to the CAC

There are a lot of nice C6 Corvettes out there and it's a good time to buy.

Tom

You're welcome :happyanim:

Welcome to CAC!:w Great story, and very generous grandmother! :BOW You're a bit older than I, but my older brother had a friend, that had a very similar story, except his was a 66 and he traded it for a 70 GTO coupe. I thought he was crazy, but the GTO was a rockin' car in it's own right. Good luck with your search, living in Florida, you'll have lots of options to choose from. :thumb

Welcome to CAC!:w Great story, and very generous grandmother! :BOW You're a bit older than I, but my older brother had a friend, that had a very similar story, except his was a 66 and he traded it for a 70 GTO coupe. I thought he was crazy, but the GTO was a rockin' car in it's own right. Good luck with your search, living in Florida, you'll have lots of options to choose from. :thumb

Thanks Tom,

Knowing what I know now, I was crazy to sell the Vette! A friend had just got a 68 coupe with the endura bumper, and hide away headlights. All I had to do is drive it once!

This is not my car, but a dead ringer beauty!

68 GTO Conv.jpg

Welcome to the CAC. Hope you find a car that meets your dreams. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom