Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Good Lord !! NO!!! That Thing Is BUTT UGLY

I wouldnt mind all wheel drive, but the rear is just plain non Corvette, otherwise it looks great, they have six months do re design it imo... :p

This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, tell us how you really feel!!:D

I, for one, love the new C7. It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy and ultra modern....gorgeous! It is definitely different and it was time for Corvette to be brought up to a new level. Just my opinion, guys!

Elaine

. . .
I, for one, love the new C7. It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy and ultra modern....gorgeous! It is definitely different and it was time for Corvette to be brought up to a new level. Just my opinion, guys!

Elaine

It's an opinion I share as well, Elaine. Although I was prepared to dislike the C7 because of personal bias, I find myself drawn to its sophisticated yet aggressive style.

This is the first time in years that I wish I could buy a NEW Corvette. :thumb

:wJane Ann

DSC_0520.jpg

It's gonna be alright...

It's an opinion I share as well, Elaine. Although I was prepared to dislike the C7 because of personal bias, I find myself drawn to its sophisticated yet aggressive style.
This is the first time in years that I wish I could buy a NEW Corvette.
Jane Ann

Agreed. I'm saving my nickels and dimes (that's $50's and hundies!) so I can get one when it comes out! I may resort to buying a lottery ticket or three, just to cover my bases!

Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. The are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

Well, people are *passionate* when it comes to Corvette, but would we want it the other way?

The square tail lights are growing on me, as is the car in general.

I was also prepared not to like it. But I'm trying to look at it as a whole, and the first impression was better than I thought it would be. By the end of yesterday, I was liking it more, and today I'm dayum near loving it.

What perplexes me more is the concentration on the appearance of the car to the exclusion of its capability.

From a performance standpoint, assuming it delivers on what its promise seems to be, it will (as usual) be the most bang for the buck. Euro/Japanese supercar performance at an attainable price!

Get back to me once you see this thing blasting down the highway.

The first time I see one of these on the road, I think I will be amazed. I just hope I'm in my Vette when that happens.

... something told me everything's gonna be alright.
Amen.

:Steer Save the Wave!!!

I'm not going to make any judgement calls yet. I remember when the C5 was introduced, I hated it, but now I own an '03 Z06.

What He Said......but mine is a base 04 Coupe and not a Z06....:L

Point well taken

Catbert brings up an interesting point. I recall that in my senior year in high school, a friend's father bought him a brand new Corvette for graduation. The year was 1968 (oops, my roots are showing!) and the general opinion was that it looked like a piece of junk next to the "old" Corvette. Well, the old Corvette went on to become known as the "mid year" and it still looks pretty darn good today. But you know what? So does that "piece of junk" nobody liked. My first Corvette was an '81 four speed, perhaps the most anemic edition in sixty one years of Vettes, but I loved it and, most of the time, I wish I still had it. Hey, drive what you like. I just think a lot of people are going to look back at all this hubbub and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Catbert brings up an interesting point. I recall that in my senior year in high school, a friend's father bought him a brand new Corvette for graduation. The year was 1968 (oops, my roots are showing!) and the general opinion was that it looked like a piece of junk next to the "old" Corvette. Well, the old Corvette went on to become known as the "mid year" and it still looks pretty darn good today. But you know what? So does that "piece of junk" nobody liked. My first Corvette was an '81 four speed, perhaps the most anemic edition in sixty one years of Vettes, but I loved it and, most of the time, I wish I still had it. Hey, drive what you like. I just think a lot of people are going to look back at all this hubbub and wonder what all the fuss was about.
Well said!

-Mac

This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Posts + Case of Explanation Points + 1 can bold paint = ;troll

I have only been hanging out with the CAC for about a year now but was the CAC around when the C5 was intro'd? If so what were the reactions at that point in time I wonder? Or even the C6.......Not very many hate the C6 and I see the C7 as the next step forward.....and we all need to keep moving forward......I wonder what would be being discussed it there were 4 neat little round taillights on the back end of the car....? Just saying.....

frankenvette

How many years did the GM design weenies work on the C7 design and THAT back-end is what they came up with? Maybe the did "Paper-Rock-Scissors" to make that decision? They couldn't possibly have sat around in a big conference room and all said; "Yeah.... that looks awesome." Perhaps there will eventually be enough of an outcry and it will be a one year only look?

b :ugh

Many different car cues but not corvette cues unless you count the stingray on the side.................. I Want a MONSTER VETTE not the FRANKENVETTE !!!

Changes

I have only been hanging out with the CAC for about a year now but was the CAC around when the C5 was intro'd? If so what were the reactions at that point in time I wonder? Or even the C6.......Not very many hate the C6 and I see the C7 as the next step forward.....and we all need to keep moving forward......I wonder what would be being discussed it there were 4 neat little round taillights on the back end of the car....? Just saying.....

I wasn't "here" for the C5 intro (didn't have a 'Vette yet) but I do remember the dislike for the exposed headlights on the C6 when it was first shown. You would have thought they tried to make it look like a Camaro or maybe something "European"...... Just sayin.... :eyerole

Bruce
I hate snow....

When I first saw the exposed headlights on the C6, I thought "they've finally gotten serious about the Corvette and are moving away from all the gee-whiz glitzy crap". Even though all of my Corvettes have had hidden headlights, since reaching adulthood I have not been a fan of the added cost, complexity, and weight (in one of the worst locations possible)...all just for the sake of a juvenile cosmetic gimmick. So, the C6's exposed headlights were a huge plus in my book...the single biggest improvement on a car that was, in all ways, a very successful and serious refinement on the c5 that it was based on. Less was more, so to speak.

The C7 has gone back in the opposite direction. It's just covered in "gee-whiz glitzy crap"...as though some high school kids in Japan had sketched it for GM. More is definitely less. It appears that Kirk Bennion is GM's Chris Bangle...

Last edited:
When I first saw the exposed headlights on the C6, I thought "they've finally gotten serious about the Corvette and are moving away from all the gee-whiz glitzy crap". Even though all of my Corvettes have had hidden headlights, since reaching adulthood I have not been a fan of the added cost, complexity, and weight (in one of the worst locations possible)...all just for the sake of a juvenile cosmetic gimmick. So, the C6's exposed headlights were a huge plus in my book...the single biggest improvement on a car that was, in all ways, a very successful and serious refinement on the c5 that it was based on. Less was more, so to speak.

The C7 has gone back in the opposite direction. It's just covered in "gee-whiz glitzy crap"...as though some high school kids in Japan had sketched it for GM. More is definitely less. It appears that Kirk Bennion is GM's Chris Bangle...

I've been a member of CAC for a LOOOOONNNGGGG time, probably 2000 or so, and although I rarely post I do read. I never remember any real harsh discussions on either the C5 or the C6. I too thought the exposed headlights were an improvement and iirc many C5 guys had actually installed glass covers on their vettes.

The C7 reminds me of an old building that someone decided to update. An architect hung a bunch of stuff over new paint and facade in order to update and ended up making it look like an old building with crap hung on it everywhere to try and make it look like something it's not.

This is high-school drawing class where the kids got tired of drawing flowers and started doodling cars...

Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. The are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

Nicely put! :thumb
For me, I can't wait to see it in person.
The last time I got this excited is when they unveiled the C4. Going from my C4 to C5 was a very big change in design, comfort, and ergonomics. Going from C5 to C6 was nice but not the excitement I experienced from C4 to C5.
I believe all the GM people involved with the C7 deserve Kudo's for an outstanding job. Being able to have and say Corvettes have been my daily drivers for the last 20 years I can't even begin to describe how excited I am with the new C7 and can't wait to own one.

Check out the video going over all the refinements - if this doesn't excite your senses - then follow Catberts advice and don't buy one!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray / Z51 Revealed - 2013 Detroit Auto Show - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube

i like the c7

i like the interacton on this forum so much...im a life long vette owner..starting when i was 17..a 72..between my wife and i we own a 03 aniversery edition and a 11 zr1..we drive these cars and they are driven as hard as are abilities allow...i dont feel like im crazy or out of touch to really like the c-7..i think it couldnt be any more bitchen.i know every body has there own idea of vette cool.. and im just sayen i really like it...just my opinion and this is my first post..no intent to piss anybody off...thanx kent

i like the interacton on this forum so much...im a life long vette owner..starting when i was 17..a 72..between my wife and i we own a 03 aniversery edition and a 11 zr1..we drive these cars and they are driven as hard as are abilities allow...i dont feel like im crazy or out of touch to really like the c-7..i think it couldnt be any more bitchen.i know every body has there own idea of vette cool.. and im just sayen i really like it...just my opinion and this is my first post..no intent to piss anybody off...thanx kent
Thank you, Kent. We try to make our forums as friendly as possible... even knowing that Corvette owners can sometimes be ornery...

-Mac

I will say this: reserve your judgement until you have the oportunity to see the car in person. It grew on me really quick in two days.

If you guys stopped into the 2014 C7 gallery here you know how many photos of both C7s I took. When I got back to my hotel room each night and went through the photos, no matter what angle or what lighting I took the photos in, pictures don't do the car justice. You have to see it in person.

It is the same with some Ferrari and Lamborghini designs. For me personally, I thought the Murcielago was God-awful in pictures. Then I saw it in person. Different story.

Corvette design...heck...automotive design is subjective. For us guys...it's like women. Some guys are attracted to blondes. Some to brunettes...some to rail thin women, and some to voluptuous women. It all comes to attraction.

Some people will be attracted to the C7 right off the bat. Some will be totaly turned off. Others will dislike it until they physicaly see it.

It all comes down to what each one of us is attracted to and what turns us on and what turns us off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom