Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Got a royal Screwing from Eckler's

HPG

Corvette
99 FRC MN6
I purchased a new car cover for my 99 FRC from Ecklers on 8-7-09.The cover was $137.99 plus $10.81 shipping and handling. The new cover would not fit the Vette, it was too small. After five calls and several emails complaining about the cover, they finally admitted they had problems with that brand of cover being too small.
I sent the new cover back and paid $11.96 of my money for shipping and then learned it would be 4 to 6 weeks for a replacement. My car is parked outside so this was unacceptable to me. I asked for a credit for the charges and purchased a cover from another vendor.
Eckler’s gave me credit for $137.99 , the cost of the cover. They did not, and still have not paid me for the original shipping of a defective cover or the money I paid to ship it back. I’ve sent two emails and to date, no response. Last thing I’ll purchase from Eckler’s

Sorry to hear about your experience.
9 out of 10 experiences I read regarding Eckler's is negative - I wonder how they've stayed in business.
Shady? Yes, but "royal screwing," for your experience may be over the top.

I'm just curious why people buy stuff from Ecklars? They have the same stuff as the other half dozen or so corvette venders, but always have the highest prices. What am I missing here? ;shrug

I'm just curious why people buy stuff from Ecklars? They have the same stuff as the other half dozen or so corvette venders, but always have the highest prices. What am I missing here? ;shrug

Well I'm not sure about the car cover, I just bought somethings from them yesterday. But overall I never had a problem with them, But that was a number of years ago and of course alot can change with a different personal. The reason I alway try Ecklers is they very often carry OEM parts. Getting something From Canada is a whole lot than getting something from Mexico or China. I hope everything works out for you. good luck budy . :w

9 out of 10 :eyerole. well i guess im in that 10%. ive used them a few times and have even had some issues with some stuff but ive always been treated very fairly by them. but i do have to agree about the pricing.

Eckler's catalog

:beer Thanks for the heads up. :w
I was going to toss my Eckler's catalog but it may be good for reference.
Instead I wrote "do not buy" on the cover.
i guess I can always find another overpriced vendor. :boogie

Bike Bandit

Hope they weren't taking lessons from "Bike Bandit" .... they sell cycle stuff. :ugh

Man, you gotta' read the "42 page disclaimer" .... the one where "paragraph 62 of line three, chapter seven, verse 61 .... " sez ...

these parts may never be made again by the OEM or other sources and though we have your $$$$$$$$$ you will be screwed till they and if they ever decide to make the part and we may or may not decide to carry it ....

I ordered a side cover plate for a Honda ....... they sent the gaskets and a clutch cable ...... like about $15 worth of the $150 dollar order. When the part never came ..... I've been waiting about five years now ..... I was told too bad sucker .... that's like running your engine without the oil pan or valve covers on. Ended up giving the bike and the parts bike away.

Bike Bandit ... the name sure as hell fits ......... :puke:finger

At least you got something back .... and .... I hope this made you feel a bit better?

:w

I've heard lots of these kind of stories recently about Ecklers...too bad back in the 70's they were about the only place, and they weren't bad.

Ecklers was never like that when Ralph Eckler owned Ecklers...
Ralph Eckler was truly a Corvette kinda Guy!!
The first time I met Ralph was in a little Hole in the wall shop in Rock Island or Silvis Ill,(Can't remember, I was 8-9!)I was a Snot Nosed,Dirty Faced,Little Fat Boy from NE Mo that was drooling on some of his creations!!My oldest brother Ernest was grabbing me by the collar pulling me away from the cars yelling "Omee Don't Touch"!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

I've heard lots of these kind of stories recently about Ecklers...too bad back in the 70's they were about the only place, and they weren't bad.

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
iagree.gif
I've been buying parts and accessory's from Ecklers for over 35 years,So far not to many problems!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
But I have noticed that allot more things have been coming direct from the suppliers the past few years instead of out of Titusville!!;shrug;shrug;shrug

I also have ordered parts from Ecklers over the years, from front clips to knobs, only had a problem once with a leaky master cylinder, they did right by me. The whole/both sides of the story are never told..............

... They did not, and still have not paid me for the original shipping of a defective cover or the money I paid to ship it back. I’ve sent two emails and to date, no response. Last thing I’ll purchase from Eckler’s

I agree with the other posts. Sometimes, you lose on a purchase- even when you return it. I've never seen anyone reimburse me for mileage associated with making a return- so I'm not surprised about the shipping costs.

Having said that, have you done more than send emails and make calls? You could always send a letter stating what happened and how you are now out the money from shipping.

Sometimes, not enough people- the right people who can make decisions- know there is problem.

Typically, folks taking orders don't have the authority for reversing shipping chargers or removing products from the product line. But leaders do and they like to hear responses from the consumer.

I hope your situation gets resolved.:thumb

Eckler's continues to NOT surprise me.

They are, without doubt, the worst supplier.

The best thing that could happen is for them to go belly up.

Thanks everyone,bothfor and against Eckler's. More against, then for. I just felt better to blast them and it appears , many felt the same. I just sent a letter the the Customer Service of Eckler's and I'll see what happens.

HPG,

To send anything to ecklers is a true waste of time.

They don't care whether you, or anyone, shops there. They continue to prove that time and time again.

Paper is better than email

I agree with the other posts. Sometimes, you lose on a purchase- even when you return it. I've never seen anyone reimburse me for mileage associated with making a return- so I'm not surprised about the shipping costs.

Having said that, have you done more than send emails and make calls? You could always send a letter stating what happened and how you are now out the money from shipping.

Sometimes, not enough people- the right people who can make decisions- know there is problem.

Typically, folks taking orders don't have the authority for reversing shipping chargers or removing products from the product line. But leaders do and they like to hear responses from the consumer.

I hope your situation gets resolved.:thumb

The trouble with email is it's just a key press away from being deleted. A paper based letter sent in email forms a record of communication and date. Some companies react different to paper mail complaints because it stands as proof of the problem.

Not your Fault, maybe someone in Florida could help? I ordered a key fob from them one time and it was on Back order for almost a year!

Over the last 3 months I have ordered several items from Ecklers with no problems. They have shipped quickly and items have been as advertised. I will continue to order from them as I get 1 day shipping from Florida to Georgia. Perhaps I am justl lucky. Just my 2 cents.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom