Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header / Alternator Dilemma

That's correct. If you look at post # 2 by Bill 75 it shows the mounting points pretty clearly.
:beer Art

Art Jett said:
That's correct. If you look at post # 2 by Bill 75 it shows the mounting points pretty clearly.
:beer Art

Thanks, its all making sense now. I was having a hard time seeing them on the photgraph at first, but now that ive seen the part off the car, it makes sense.

Thanks everyone, problem solved!

dshanks said:
Thanks, its all making sense now. I was having a hard time seeing them on the photgraph at first, but now that ive seen the part off the car, it makes sense.

Thanks everyone, problem solved!

I lightened up the pictures a little Derrick, they were pretty dark.

Bill

Bill75 said:
I lightened up the pictures a little
Bill

Hey thanks, thats perfect!

IMHO, the OE cast iron-steel one that looks like this:
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10592&d=1151373327 ... looks like Bill's & Ralph's
... is the best one to use ... far sturdier than the OE stamped bracket on earlier C3 ... and the aftermarket adjustable "headermount" brackets are junk. I've gotten em out of junkyard ... IIRC, got one set off a GMC pu truck.

BTW ... it will not work well with motors that have the earlier cast driver side exhaust manifold because that manifold has the lower bracket built into manifold.

Jack said:
IMHO, the OE cast iron-steel one that looks like this:
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10592&d=1151373327 ... looks like Bill's & Ralph's
... is the best one to use ... far sturdier than the OE stamped bracket on earlier C3 ... and the aftermarket adjustable "headermount" brackets are junk. I've gotten em out of junkyard ... IIRC, got one set off a GMC pu truck.

BTW ... it will not work well with motors that have the earlier cast driver side exhaust manifold because that manifold has the lower bracket built into manifold.

I went ahead and bought one on Ebay for about $50 shipping included. Its been bead blasted and is ready for paint.
So it will be impossible to install with manifolds on? I understand what youre saying, just hadnt planned for that. I bought the bracket so I could run headers, but right now I have the stockers on there cause Im worried about baking the ceramic finish on my new headers when I break in this cam. Is that a valid concern, or should I just go ahead and set it up like I will be running it?

Derrick,

I just put headers on mine and used all the original mounting brackets, didn't have any issues with headers, mine is a 75 and might be different but here's a couple of photos. A little hard to photograph but I'll be happy to take a different angle if it helps

Bill
Dsc00488.jpg

Dsc00486.jpg

Wonder if you would mind posting the pictures again.

Thanks,

Bill B

Just saw your post........when I get home I'll re-post them.

Bill

Wonder if you would mind posting the pictures again.

Thanks,

Bill B

Here's a couple. One from last winter, I lightened up the bracket in the pic. Another I just took, I have the head off at the moment. Let me know if you need another.

AltBracketView.jpg

AltBracketView2.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom