Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Help: How to add XM Radio to C5?

Tenorplayer23

Corvette
2003 Millenium Yellow Coupe
Could use some advice/info.

Would like to add XM radio to my 2003 Coupe. The car has factory Bose system w/in-dash CD player & 12-CD Changer under the hatch. (And, if I could get an MP3 input in the process, additionally, that would be somethin'!!)

Prefer to keep all the current system features & CD players and add XM radio......I miss MLB, Smooth Jazz on Water Colors, et.al. BTW, if I just had XM w/o Sirius available extras, I wouldn't care. :)

Has anybody crossed this bridge & done a good install? Any recommendations for XM unit/system components, antenna location, connection to standard Bose system, etc..? ;shrug

BTW, as an XM subscriber for my other vehicle, I received email today re: equipment sale at XM.

See: http://shop.xmradio.com/edealinv/ser...e.vm&nocache=y

Let me know. Thx. :w

PS - if you have pics, please post or send along!

I can't speak to the part about adding XM while keeping all else stock but I know several others have done so. Some have taken advantage of the ashtray area and I'm sure they'll chime in later.

As for the MP3 (assuming you have an iPod) functionality, I'm going to be installing one of these kits when I redo my interior later this year. I already have one in another car and it actually gives you full iPod control using your factory head unit controls and it also charges the iPod. I don't have to fumble for the pod, just use the same controls I use for everything else. It plugs into the rear aux plug so you'd lose the CD changer but with the ipod, I don't need the CDs.

Your catch may end up being that the XM hardware may use the same connection as the iPod.

Good luck!

Powered through cigarette lighter & FM transmission to stock stereo? I had a MYFi and made it work that way, but the unit was to clumsy in the car & hard to manage channel-wise. Figured I could do something else.

So, with your inside antenna placement, how is strength? And fidelity with FM transmission to stock stereo??? Never found a good place for antenna........I found reception not so good with it on the inside.

XM has some units cheap this weekend, thoguh. Probably replacing the line, but a bargain none the less. I'm gonna see if something there can be the new head unit.

http://shop.xmradio.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?ctl_nbr=10600&nurl=control/Affiliate.vm&nocache=y

Thx

I have a Delphi MyFi sitting on top of the cupholder, the anntenna is up in the passenger corner of the dash up by the window. Works great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom