Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I am a "Nervous Wreck"....

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
WELL.... I just traded in my '03 AE Coupe/Auto with 16,000 miles on a '07 Monterey Red/Cashmere Coupe/Auto (paddle shift) 3LT and loaded! Total options on the window sticker is $14335.00

My nerves are shot! Did I do the right thing here? :confused

Both Vette's parked side by side at the dealership were very close to the same color in and out, and I like "burgandy". The C5 was in perfect condition and ran great!

Other than plain male ego...and reading the "Mannly Man Magazine", I felt I had to step up...an urge I just could not shake having driven a C6 about two weeks ago!

Now that I am home and having driven the '07 about 40 miles, I am looking at this wondering if and when reality sets in, will I wish I didn't do this?

Window sticker on the '07 is $59,330.00. They discounted the MSRP by $4000 and gave me $34000 for my '03 AE. Bottom line out the door price with tax is $49800.00

I feel like I got as good of a deal as possible, but did I?? Hence the sudden nervous feeling.

I need some support from those of you that have been in this position before me...any HELP with words of wisdom (if there are any) would be appreciated here!!

New Corevtte

Hey, why second guess yourself. Afterall, it's only money. Have fun!

WELL.... I just traded in my '03 AE Coupe/Auto with 16,000 miles on a '07 Monterey Red/Cashmere Coupe/Auto (paddle shift) 3LT and loaded! Total options on the window sticker is $14335.00

My nerves are shot! Did I do the right thing here? :confused

Both Vette's parked side by side at the dealership were very close to the same color in and out, and I like "burgandy". The C5 was in perfect condition and ran great!

Other than plain male ego...and reading the "Mannly Man Magazine", I felt I had to step up...an urge I just could not shake having driven a C6 about two weeks ago!

Now that I am home and having driven the '07 about 40 miles, I am looking at this wondering if and when reality sets in, will I wish I didn't do this?

Window sticker on the '07 is $59,330.00. They discounted the MSRP by $4000 and gave me $34000 for my '03 AE. Bottom line out the door price with tax is $49800.00

I feel like I got as good of a deal as possible, but did I?? Hence the sudden nervous feeling.

I need some support from those of you that have been in this position before me...any HELP with words of wisdom (if there are any) would be appreciated here!!

You are describing a form of "buyer's remorse":)

Having just made a similar large purchase, I can appreciate your feelings, except mine was centered on the large payment I will have to look forward to for awhile. You know what it's worth every penny.

I have loved all my previous Corvettes, but this C6 is incredible. Enjoy it. I did a quick KBB on your '03, sure does sound like they gave you a great trade-in price.

P1010278.jpg

You done good! :upthumbs

After you've had time to drive the new one, you'll realize how improved over your previous Vette. Your going to love it. :)

Your looking in the wrong place if your looking for someone to tell you ,You made a bad mistake.

Its like one lion asking another lion "is this wrong" as they are devouring a helpless water buffalo.

Enjoy your new car

Buyers remource, A normal emotion after most luxery purchases

You done good! :upthumbs

After you've had time to drive the new one, you'll realize how improved over your previous Vette. Your going to love it. :)
Thats what I hear from all the C5 owners who stepped up to a C6.

Give it some time and miles.
The nervous will turn to smiles.

Bobsvette....its day '2' and my garage smells like the assembly line at the Bowling Green plant...WHAT DID I DO!!! :crazy

Life was so simple when I had that LT4.....:ugh !

Sounds like you did the right thing to me.

Now, let's see some pics :upthumbs

Sounds like you did the right thing to me.

Now, let's see some pics :upthumbs

Just as soon as I get the tears of joy (or fear) out of my eyes long enough to see through the camera lense, I will post a couple of pic's! :crazy

I just did the same thing and haven`t looked back once. Go for a nice drive in the country. Think about the Nav. ,5 year 100,000 mile warrenty, the improved ride and quietness, that 6 speed paddleshift,the improved seating,the looks, the power, the people watching you as you go by,etc. I could go on.....Can you tell I like mine? Enjoy your new car!

I kind of know how you feel after picking up my 2nd within 6 months but once you get past the "shock", everything settles down, satisfaction set's in.Back in may when I picked up the LT-4 it seemed like the C-5 didn't measure up enough for you, So after meeting you and kind of seeing the type of person you are you did something about it! You did the right thing In my mind you got yourself a HOTROD again!!!! p.s. I'm going to be in palm bay in march...... Little spin maybe??? ;)

Yeppers, it was the right thing. The only time I've never had "buyers remorse" was after the 07 purchase... I too, have the 3LT option package.

I gotta tell ya, this machine is amazing. I took it to Tybee Island, GA this weekend from Fort Lauderdale, FL to meet some friends. Round trip gas mileage was 29.5. @ an average speed of 70.2 MPH. (It did 30.9 on the trip up, but we had some, uh, "high-speed, quick-acceleration testing" for a couple of buds while at Tybee. I think they're lusting for a C6 now!)

Relax and enjoy it. Life is too short for worries like that.... Have fun.

Bobsvette....its day '2' and my garage smells like the assembly line at the Bowling Green plant...WHAT DID I DO!!! :crazy

Life was so simple when I had that LT4.....:ugh !
Your garage is going to smell like Bowling Green for a month as the cars' vapors cure. Think of it as "new car smell!" You life will be so much better with a paddle shift!

I just traded a perfectly good 2001 C5 convertible for a slightly used 2006 C6 convertible. I must admit that I had a hard time cost justifying what I was doing. But now that I have had the car for a few days I am sure that I made the right decision. As much as I liked the C5 the C6 is better in every way that you can measure. The whole package just seems more refined. The paddle shift lets me have some fun and not have to deal with a clutch in my daily commute in heavy traffic. Overall performance is improved, the interior is more comfortable and the new headlights are amazing. I am getting on in years and my night vision is not what it used to be. The C6 headlights even with just the low beams on seem to totally light up the road.

The only problem that I have is keeping my speed under 100 mph.

I just traded a perfectly good 2001 C5 convertible for a slightly used 2006 C6 convertible. I must admit that I had a hard time cost justifying what I was doing. But now that I have had the car for a few days I am sure that I made the right decision. As much as I liked the C5 the C6 is better in every way that you can measure. The whole package just seems more refined. The paddle shift lets me have some fun and not have to deal with a clutch in my daily commute in heavy traffic. Overall performance is improved, the interior is more comfortable and the new headlights are amazing. I am getting on in years and my night vision is not what it used to be. The C6 headlights even with just the low beams on seem to totally light up the road.

The only problem that I have is keeping my speed under 100 mph.

YA, and it does not take much to get to 100mph, does it...JESUS do these C6's haul *^# (butt) !!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom