Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Info on stripe kits?

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
I'm considering adding black stripes to my baby. Does anybody know a good source for kits? There was a fellow on Ebay selling nice C4 kits, but he has disappeared now that I've decided to do this... Google search doesn't turn up much for C4's either. Any help appreciated!

ebay

i saw them on ebay today under c4 parts good luck im doing my once paint done

skyway vett said:
i saw them on ebay today under c4 parts good luck im doing my once paint done

Yeah I saw that and emailed them a few days ago, so far they haven't bothered to answer me.... That's not the set I was talking about though, there was a guy selling a set specifically for the C4.

skyway stripes

thanks but my paint guy is goig to put a15 inch black on my 1985 c4 but im going from red to blue

JJS said:
I personally don't like the big decals. Paint yes, decals no. I love the 2004 CE's, but I wish they had specially painted the car rather than used the decals. I think those decals look tacky, but that's just my opinion.

Actually, that was my initial feeling as well. Then we striped my wife's Mustang, and I was sold on the decals. I think the technology has caught up with the times. They literally look like they are painted on, and the big plus is that they are removable. If I ever want to sell the Vette, that would be a nice option to have....

Blu ByU said:
Any opinions on how a black set of stripes would look on my Admiral Blue?

I think the black stripes would look good but if the Admiral is metallic, you would be putting a non-metallic color on a metallic blue.
I would also strongly consider a pearl white or silver color.

As the owner of a fellow Admiral Blue (and Missourian!!), I personally don't like the stripes. The white GS ones are cool, but could make it look like a wannabe (just my opinion). I also agree that I would avoid the flat colors on a metallic paint. I definitely like that the decals can be removed.

Also, did you notice the decal ones don't go all the way down past the license plates like the GS style?

I'm very much a stock-guy when it comes to most things on my car, so take my opinions with a grain of salt and go with whatever you want to see on your vette! :D

Good luck!

I don't think they're bad looking stripes and you're right about the technology these days. As long as the decals are installed correctly they look good and alot less expensive than painting.

Now, my other opinon. I'm not sold on a black stripe on the Admiral blue. I think a silver would look better, but it also depends on the wheels.
Silver stripe with Chrome wheels
Black stripe might look good if you had black wheels.

Thanks guys for the opinions. I am leaning toward black because I want it to be somewhat subdued. I had considered silver, but it would be too flashy for my taste, and too close to white and I don't want to be a GS "wannabe". I was thinking black would be just enough to set my Vette apart from all the other blue C4's around here, and still look classy. The stripes would be applied by the same pro who did my wife's, so that is no worry. Still haven't made up my mind though....

Blu ByU said:
Thanks guys for the opinions. I am leaning toward black because I want it to be somewhat subdued. I had considered silver, but it would be too flashy for my taste, and too close to white and I don't want to be a GS "wannabe". I was thinking black would be just enough to set my Vette apart from all the other blue C4's around here, and still look classy. The stripes would be applied by the same pro who did my wife's, so that is no worry. Still haven't made up my mind though....

How many other blue vettes do you have around KC? I've only seen two other Admiral blues and a handful of Quazar blues floating around the St. Louis area.

Which reminds me, with the very limited number of Admiral blues running around out there (3,000ish for all three years) anything permanent might take away from its resale value.

Sorry, I'm over-voicing my "stock only" views again! :crazy

As a side note, you might want to try taking a photo of a GS and putting in a program like Photoshop or Paint. Then you could change the white stripes to Black, silver, red, etc. and get a better idea of how it might turn out.

Since you want opinions -- I like that stripe kit a lot. It's enough different than the GS (plus no fender stripes) that the whole wannabe thing is not an issue IMHO.

Looking at your picture and your wheels, I keep thinking the silver will look MUCH better than black. I'm a pretty stock, no bling oriented guy and I don't see the silver as flashy - just a nice contrast.

Good luck whatever you do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom