Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insurance cost's for a C4?????????????

So, I guess USAA's bill for $331/6 months is okay, with 'pleasure' driving, $500 deductible, in SoCal. Problem is, I know the adjustment value is quite low. The agreed-to value would give me a lot more protection, in case of a possible totaling.

The '89 BMW is higher.

OK Grundy is out now what!!!!!!!

This really drives me crazy to pay $1800 to only drive approx 3000 miles a year!

Liberty Mutual is the wrong insurer for me or they are bagging me. I really cannot wait until l call them in the morning.

Allstate, they are too slick for me, so is Prudential with their almost a lawyers working for them.

I will try AARP and l will try AAA.

Alan

p.s. If you have any other insurer's please chime in.

Gotta love USAA

I had my 96 LT1 when I was 24/25 years old, only car - primary vehicle, single, male, Little Rock area, $1000 deductible, and 15k annual milage and was paying $720/6 month policy with maximum coverage including my renter's insurance.
Now I have an '04, now 28, $500 deductible, maximum coverage, still my only vehicle, still single, still in Little Rock area, up to 20k annual mileage, and it is down to $691/6 month policy for full maximum coverage and renter's insurance.
The C5 has a better insurance rate for some reason, and age makes a difference too.

Just tried AARP-Hartford online!

They replied that because l live in New Jersey they are unable to quote on line!

Did l tell you before that New Jersey blanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

I live in a small town and pay Farm bureau a little over 300.00 every six months with unlimited miles and a multi car/policy discount, but they say the corvette has a good safty rating with them. Might be worth checking into.

I pay 500 for full coverage a year on my 89 Vette through GMAC !

For four cars (full coverage with replacement value of $14K on the vette, 86 vette convertible, wife's 00 Neon, 03 Explorer and just liability and comp on the 95 Wrangler) cost me under $2000 a year. State Farm.

Insurance update!!

So far AAA quoted me $4100 that was $600 cheaper the Liberty Mutual based mainly on the way they rated the Vette.

This falls under performance/sportscar.

Alan

I pay $275.00 per year with $25.00 deductables at Lants in Canada...

Keep in mind that l live in the Republic of New Jersey!

While l appreciate all of your help, my state is in a class by itself. There is probably 35% of the drivers without any insurance at all. Everybody is looking to sue somebody and everybody.

We are a cash strapped state that is over regulated and over taxed. Every time we run short we raise the tax on cigarettes and sometimes gas. There is a tax on anything that can be taxed. We even charge all Incorporated companies $10 a week as a surcharge. This state doesn't have enough money to give local schools, so our house taxes are crazy.

We keep on raising the tolls on roads that were promised when the cost of the original roads were paid off the toll will stop. That was eon's ago.

The only people that get hurt are the middle class because the people that cannot afford to pay for auto insurance and health insurance tell everybody to go ahead and sue them. If they have nothing you cannot take from them.

The illegal aliens are going to our schools and hospital's and take welfare and food stamps at will. So the middle class has this burden to carry.

Yes the answer is to move and that's going to be my next step. The cost of living here is out of control unless you have nothing and then it's a garden of eden.

Alan

p.s. What l'm only looking for is help within my state. Haggerty and Grundy and American Classic's will not cover a 96 vette because it's too new period or they will not come to New Jersey and l really cannot blame them.

My 1985 costs $494 and the 1998 costs $831, that's Canadian.

I have three other vehicles insured and insurance is cheaper by the dozen ..... :D

Ron ... :w

Alan - As a fellow Jersey resident I could not agree more. I guess I should have realized collectors insurance would not help as your vette is a 96. As I mentioned earlier, my explorer and vette are 1,849 a year. I use First Trenton Indemnity. I have used them for a good 10 years now. I am getting a 2 car discount, plus a discount because my house is insured by them. If you want my agents contact info I would be happy to provide (although he is located in Roselle Park, not sure where in NJ you are). Contact me off list at cjs2@mail.com if you are interested.

Good Luck

Hmmmm. Mine is a 93 and Haggerty insured me they wanted pic's guess they thought mine was worth more than the 15,000 agreed value ( I only paid $7200 for her).

New Jersey is not part of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing makes sense here. I am waiting on several Insurance companies to get back to me with their quotes. Before l drive myself crazy let me hear from them and then l will look further.

Thanks

Alan

p.s. I live in Morganville.

Alan, sorry for your problems. I don't understand why Grundy won't insure you, they insure my 96. Also don't move to MD, many of the same problems!! Guy

kingman said:
While l appreciate all of your help, my state is in a class by itself. There is probably 35% of the drivers without any insurance at all. Everybody is looking to sue somebody and everybody.

We are a cash strapped state that is over regulated and over taxed. Every time we run short we raise the tax on cigarettes and sometimes gas. There is a tax on anything that can be taxed. We even charge all Incorporated companies $10 a week as a surcharge. This state doesn't have enough money to give local schools, so our house taxes are crazy.

We keep on raising the tolls on roads that were promised when the cost of the original roads were paid off the toll will stop. That was eon's ago.

The only people that get hurt are the middle class because the people that cannot afford to pay for auto insurance and health insurance tell everybody to go ahead and sue them. If they have nothing you cannot take from them.

The illegal aliens are going to our schools and hospital's and take welfare and food stamps at will. So the middle class has this burden to carry.

Yes the answer is to move and that's going to be my next step. The cost of living here is out of control unless you have nothing and then it's a garden of eden.

Alan

p.s. What l'm only looking for is help within my state. Haggerty and Grundy and American Classic's will not cover a 96 vette because it's too new period or they will not come to New Jersey and l really cannot blame them.

Alan,

I hate to get political on you, but after a rant like that, but I just can't resist.
It's not just NJ, but also NY, CA, MD, I am betting the entire northeast. Guess how run's those states? and in the US, in general, who is (what do they do for a living) it that runs/wins for office?

Lawyers is the main problem!

They encourage people to sue for anything that will bring them money. The biggest joke is class action suits where the consumer will get $15 vouchers and the law firm reaps millions.

Out country is built on lawyers in every part of elected offices. They do it for the retirement package which is huge and the so called political pull.

Why would a top lawyer work for so little, think about it.

Now not every lawyer is like that but most and the doctor's are no different. And Microsoft is so rich that our gov't would like to dismantle them. Microsoft alone is bringing our business's to it's knee's with their expensive softwear. Companies spend in the millions fro softwear but that's for another time.

Alan

p.s. Do you think l'm ranting????????????

kingman said:
Companies spend in the millions fro softwear but that's for another time.

Alan

p.s. Do you think l'm ranting????????????

Ranting a bit, but it is overly well deserved. The USA has real problems that just get worse and worse.

I don't want to offend anyone on this public forum, but I really do think major Tort reform, term limits for politicans, and a real license/point system for doctors (some mistakes are ok, but after you make 3-4 "egregious" mistakes, you can't practice medcine in the USA anymore) are absolute musts. Insurance companies also must be regulated, when those 3 are done. Just my personal view.

kingman said:

Alan

I suppose everyone needs a rant now and then, but your question that started the thread was how much insurance is going to cost. You realize of course folks can only provide information about what they pay, and give you references about who to contact. None of us know your variables, driving record, etc.

But please, your "rant" is so full of steroetypical ideals that it makes your discussion totally out of mainstream. If things werre really this bad in New Jersey, or any state for that matter, folks would be leaving in droves. Do you think you might have overstated some of the problems???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom