Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its not an ultimate garage....yet !

Well, Day one with the painter. I will get some better photos when the light is better but here it is so far.

GaragewithColor1003.jpg

Scott, that is absolutely beautiful! What a painter you found!

SAVE THE :w

Painter? You can pay people to do that? I though that was what vacations were for. :confused

Looks great:upthumbs:beer

He does good work but he also makes really good money :W :eek:hnoes

I have a good friend who paints (houses, interior/exterior, etc) and yes the good ones make really good money.

Link to album again
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1913659

Painter is finished as of 11 am this morning. Not really much else happening. I got the fireplace in and as soon as the brickwork is finished I will get a shot of it. Not really much to see until its bricked in.

Here's a few painted pic.s

GaragewithColor2002.jpg

GaragewithColor2003.jpg

GaragewithColor2006.jpg

The orange wire sticking out of the back is for the A/C unit ;)

GaragewithColor2007.jpg

More to come, soon I hope.... I do love progress!

Well, not much has happened . The bricklayer never showed at all. I think I will go with a different face for the fireplace, maybe diamond plate, shineyyy...
I did however get the ceiling closed in this week. I covered it with 7/16 osb and will cover that with shiney wavey barn tin. yeah I know you are thinking major wtf. It actually looks pretty good. I put up two sheets to see if it was the look I was going for and so far, so good. More to come and photos when I can.

Hey Scott. Is this garage in IL or NC???? You got heat in there?

;)

This garage is in Illinois and I have a 170,000 btu torpedo in there right now with a t-stat on it. Plans are for a 100,000 btu gas furnace with a/c , its on the to do list still. Suzy says I am riding the interior of the garage (the new Harley)and it will have to wait.;shrug ;help

The garage in NC is bigger ;). It is Junior Johnson's old Nascar garage..:D ;LOL

We did my father in laws 40x80 semi shop in white barn tin, ceiling and walls. It went up easy and never needs painted. The light reflection properties and durability are perfect in a shop.

Tom

We did my father in laws 40x80 semi shop in white barn tin, ceiling and walls. It went up easy and never needs painted. The light reflection properties and durability are perfect in a shop.

Tom

Thanks Tom and congrats on your 8000th post !

Well, not much has happened . The bricklayer never showed at all. I think I will go with a different face for the fireplace, maybe diamond plate, shineyyy...
I did however get the ceiling closed in this week. I covered it with 7/16 osb and will cover that with shiney wavey barn tin. yeah I know you are thinking major wtf. It actually looks pretty good. I put up two sheets to see if it was the look I was going for and so far, so good. More to come and photos when I can.

The brick layer finally showed!!! I can get on with the interior now. Here is a pic or two. .
Photos in cj5nutz's 'Fireplace' album

I wish I had enough land for a nice garage. Mine barely fits the vette and a jetski along with all the other crap I've managed to store in there. It's a total mess.
One day, I will have my garagemahal.
Yours is beautifully done.

I wish I had enough land for a nice garage. Mine barely fits the vette and a jetski along with all the other crap I've managed to store in there. It's a total mess.
One day, I will have my garagemahal.
Yours is beautifully done.

Thanks! It still has long way to go !!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom