Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought a Twin Turbo!!!

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Hi everyone, I've just bought a 90 Callaway Twin Turbo (90-033). It's black with black leather, has 6 speed and 3.31:1 rear. I recently sold my 93 auto LT1 and was looking for something more exciting. Looks like I got it! This car lights up the tyres without trying! I'm in the UK and I guess Callaways are even rarer over here. I think I may have the only 90 in the country unless anyone knows otherwise? Just thought I'd say hello. Anyone's free to post to me.

See my car at: www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette

All the best, Malc.

Congratulations and welcome to the club...it's pretty exclusive. Tell me...how long did it take to wipe the grin off your face after feeling the turbos pulling at highway speeds? Or...is it gone yet? :D :D

New Twin Turbo Owner

Hi Tac, i was scared the first time I nailed it. Everyone who's been in it agrees it's way faster than my old LT1 (300hp, auto, 2.59 gear). I only hope I don't get killed in it!

Fantastic Corvette, Malc. Keep the shiney side up. :D

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center
Tom

Welcome to the club!

... from one '90 TT owner to another.

If your TT is running right it should be WAY faster than your LT1. IT should feel like someone just lit an afterburner when the turbos spool. I don't know if you've experienced this but I've noticed that the TT tends to break the tires loose at the top of each gear rather than just after a shift. Mine does this through the first four gears. It is a little wild when it happens at around 100mph in 4th gear.
:j

Cheers!!

WELCOME!!!

Welcome to the site! I checked out your site and MAN! What a nice area to spend some time :) I am not sure if you are aware but, go to www.callawaycars.com and click on "new stuff" there is a link to a info web site I put together for the CALLAWAY REUNION this Summer at Corvettes@Carlisle. I know it is quite a distance but.... If you can make it:D
As far as other B2K's in the UK, I know there was an 88 that was dark blue and a couple 87's... other than that, not sure...
Congrats on your purchase! NICE!!!!:)

Malc

It's good to see such beauty and power on the other side of the pond. Your website is great. Have fun!..

Luigi

Best Wishes!

On your recent purchase of a fine automobile the 90 Corvette Callaway Twin turbo_One of 500! Many years of pleasure and pride of ownership.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom