Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just how much whould I be driving this car?

Just bought mine last Wednesday! Put over 500 miles on it since! I bought it from a friend who just got married and had a kid. He bought it with 18,500 and put 9K on it in 2.5 years and NEVER drove it in the rain.

I have a Ford Edge, a Harley-Davidson Road King and a Suzuki Hayabusa. It's hard to figure out what to drive in the morning! But the Vette looks like it's going to be my daily driver! I gotta show a little love to the bikes though! So I'll drive the Vette when it looks like rain and save the bikes for the nice sunny weather! :L

But you only get one shot a tthis life, no sense in staring at nice shiny cars and not driving them! Drive it like you stole it and NEVER regret it!

Just because it gets driven to death doesn't mean it has to look like it has been driven to death. 104,000 miles and counting...

washpics0.jpg

You better drive that thing because when you croak, your wife's new boyfriend is going to drive the hell out of it. All you're doing is saving it for him!

Simply Beautiful Junkman2008 :thumb

Junkman
the car looks great!!
How do you polish the wheels?
I have the stock polished wheels and I am afraid to be too rough with chemicals or polish due to the clear coat.

They are chrome and I use Adam's Metal Polish and a Mother's Powerball on them.

I'm sick...I love to drive the car but don't because then I have to clean the wheel wells, inside of rims, under carriage, engine, etc. I actually sold my '92 in 2006 because I never drove it. I said I would not do it again, but here I am afraid to drive it, crazy.

I guess I should be happy there are people out there who never drive their Vettes. I just picked up my first one, it's a 2004 Coupe and it only has 16,000 miles. I will remedy that though, it is my new daily driver. It feels so good to drive I don't know how I ever drove anything else. I'm not worried about the miles I put on it, but I am worried about some freeway traffic dumbass hitting me while eating, drinking, putting on makeup, talikng on the phone....

I'm sick...I love to drive the car but don't because then I have to clean the wheel wells, inside of rims, under carriage, engine, etc. I actually sold my '92 in 2006 because I never drove it. I said I would not do it again, but here I am afraid to drive it, crazy.

PM me your address and the location of your keys. I'll remedy that problem for ya'!

Adams has a great line of products that make cleaning those areas pretty easy. Undercarriage spray for the undercarriage and wheelwells, VRT (Vinyl, Rubber and Tire) for the tires and plastic parts under the hood (which is almost everything) and the metal polish that Junkman referred to for the wheels.

My 04 Vert is a daily driver and I look for reasons to go somewhere. It brings to much joy to leave in the garage.

Love this thread! I got my 02 Z in July with 31K, and I've put over 5K on her since.

I own two sports cars, a 1951 MGTD and a 1991 corvette. I drive them both as often as I can. The 91 has 120000 miles and runs like a top and gets 25 MPG. The 51 gets about 25MPG. both cars were meant to be driven. and old MG saying "grease em, oil em, drive em."

The same is true for me. I have a 1973 Datsun 240Z and now, my 2001 Corvette. I hate to drive them on one hand, but can't let them just sit there, either. The wife and I drove the Z down to Tennessee this year for Z dayz. I put on at least 2k miles on that trip alone. It was well worth it. We had a blast going there, being there, and coming home. My cars are not mint per se, but they are in very good shape and I drive them. I bought a vette with some miles already on her (75k miles) so I wouldn't feel guilty putting more on her. I just like driving that car too much to not. Hitting the gas on the car is such a rush. I love the sound that the Borla exhaust makes from idle to redline. Man, I gotta go for a drive. Talk to you guys latter. :thumb

Well I went crazy this weekend and put 100 miles on it. It was fantastic cruizing with the top down, sunny day, warm, great. I love this car!

Ok, this is kind of making me a little nuts. I love my C5. The C4 was all fine and good, but I have no regrets in selling the 1989 and getting the 2004. It had 29,000 miles when I bought it back in April. I have put roughly 600 miles a month on it since I bought it. I'm sitting at 30,200 right now.
So, what is the right balance of keeping miles down, but keeping your car in shape by driving it? Is 600 too high, too low, or just about right? This is crazy behavior! ;help

I bought mine from my dad and it was his daily driver from 1985 until last year. The only time I don't drive mine is when it won't run. :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom