Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ken's Engine Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
69MyWay said:
Do you have a scanner Ken?

Nope. Truthfully, I'd like to avoid tuning it myself anyhow; I rather have someone who knows what he (or she;)) is doing tune this hot rod. So far, I've been unlucky in finding that one person, eh? :L

Believe me, if it ain't sorted out by the time I hit the road, I'm going to be dragging YOU over to look at it. :L

_ken :w

Lingenfelter makes me PUKE

I hate their lack of customer service and his intake is such a headache (leaky), that few mechanics will touch it.

Not for me, thank you!

I had a great 406 built by Speed-O-Motive in Sante Fe Springs, after all my confusion about my new C-4 engine. I am very pleased with their performance, experience and knowledge. They've been building them for 25+ years. I saved money, too, while having choices for normal or boosted intake. Mine runs REAL well.!

GM changed the availability every time I made a decision.

Lingenfelter was too expensive and performed poorly with customer service.

Call them or visit them. They're local. I'd use a programmable DFI, too, though not legal for smog in Kalifonia. Who's to know; really?

topless82vette said:
ken

maybe when we get our vette done we'll take a drive down to see your awsome looking vette and maybe even see how it runs against a true 16 second car LOL

also ken heres a question Im sure you can answer on the camaro radiator I put in the vette it has a 3/4 inch outlet right below the radiator cap is this a heater core return line, and which hose would I connect to it from my heater core the one that comes from the water pump or the one on the intake manifold

IS that line on the Pass side? also is there another one towards the bottm? I would guess it is the oil cooler lines for an auto trans

Re: Lingenfelter makes me PUKE

WhalePirot said:
... his intake is such a headache (leaky), that few mechanics will touch it.

My mechanic has touched them -- twice as a matter-of-fact, and both times the manifold ports were very poorly matched and the lid didn't seal properly by a long shot. It actually wobbled on the plenum base! You should expect more from a name such as Lingenfelter don't you think? :eyerole

Well I drove it down to Ruby's tonight and not once did I encounter the dreaded Code 33 -- No "limping home" tonight. :D

Now, to get some miles on it and fine-tune it and I'll be all set. Yeah, right! :L

I thought I heard a rumble this evening. Way to go Ken!! :upthumbs

Here is the rig ...all hooked-up (with the Vette inside) and rarin' to hit the road! (click it)

So even if it ain't 100% by the time I leave for BG, it'll be there nonetheless. ;)

BTW, it IS limping again. I didn't solve the problem with that above-mentioned adjustment. :eyerole

So let me get this straight

You are driving that finely tuned vette around behind a Friggin Old Rebuilt Dodge? A Found On Road Dead truck? No wonder she isn't purrrrrrrfect yet. You are making her choke to death on FORD fumes!!:hb
I've got a friend that tricks out vettes (design specialties) who used to tow his Z06 around with a ford dually, till the Chevy guys in BG & around here gave him so much chit that he bought a dually chev.
--Drew:w

Yeah, it's a Ford, but it's still All-American! :J

:D As I've often stated: I'm a gearhead, I love 'em all! And if the deal is too good to pass up, well... ;)

BTW, no comment on the beautiful new Featherlite trailer, eh Drew? :L

tsk tsk

:( I hear ya bud. I own a Ram 4x4. I don't care if it was made in timbucktu, if the price is right...:BOW
I'm just wondering if you have done up your dashboard in that nice green fur with the cool blue diamond yet?:J
btw--I like the trailer.

in my best Beavis imitation...

hehe... greeen fur... hehe... hehe... ;)

That trailer is nice.

Now, the trick is to get a roof a/c unit (contact an RV dealer), and a small generator, and finally, a full length awning down the side of the trailer. That way, you can get the car out of the trailer, put it under the awning in the shade, close the trailer up, fire up the a/c, and we can all go hang out inside your ice cold trailer and swap lies.

I already thought of an awning for it. :L

I did have a roof vent installed, but no a/c I'm afraid. :(

Rather large rear tires, eh?

DistortedAtRicks_01.jpg

I'll probably need 'em too when I get it running correctly. :L

LET'S ROLL !!!

Bro-Ken ... Love dem Tars !!! :cool
Rare81 and the DoG are leaving Modesto on the 24th, headed to Wells the first night out, then think it's Cheyenne, Columbia and somewhere in Indiana before running on in on Wednesday to BG.
Damn ... you'll be able to bring along a s**tload of tapes with that trailer. :D :D ... talk about Rockin' Down the Highway ... :beer

Daddy Likes!

It looks like one of those micro machine toy cars like that.

What did you have a water drop on your lense, or is that some of that ther fancy California phototgraphy?

I just manipulated the image Chris. It's something like that I'm thinking of having painted on the trailer. ;)

See ya soon DoG! :D

I can't believe this!

Down to two weeks before lift-off and I still don't have it running right! :hb

If the stuff I have on order from TPiS doesn't do the trick, I'm gonna have to corral one, or a few, of you guys to help me out when we get to Bowling Green. I wonder if we could get Beech Bend for a "Test & Tune" day? :L

It sho' nuff is looking pretty though, what with the stripes done FINALLY (After over a full year had passed since they were first applied!), and the lettering on the hood sides and all. :D

I just wanna drive the damn thing now! :CAC

Ken, I understand your pain!

Here I am with about 330 miles on the clicker of the 69 Project. This oil leak is driving me insane! If I don't get it cured, or substantially cured then I can't really use the car much either when I get there with it.

Your problem will be solved in the final matching of all the electronic parts and programs.

How many miles do you have on it now (since the rebuild)?

Maybe after BG, you can just follow me south and we can tinker with it for a few days at my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom