Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Key Fob ?

bluecoupe

Corvette
former C3&C5- future C7 when jr's college is paid
Is it possible to program an extra key fob for the #1 memory? Does the car's computer program the fob or does the computer pick up the fob's id code?

Can you get a new fob or an extra one? I just got me 2001 black vert, but it only came with one keyless, labelled "1". Can I get another? If so where?

ED

82shark said:
Can you get a new fob or an extra one? I just got me 2001 black vert, but it only came with one keyless, labelled "1". Can I get another? If so where?

ED
I bought my 2nd 1 from a GM Dealership . . . you could also try e-bay . . .

The computer doesn't care which fob it is. Each fob causes the computer to recall it's own presets. The trick is to set the presets the same for both #1 and #3 fobs.

On e-bay there are plenty of fobs for sale for 2001 to 2004 Vettes. Two... a pair .... of the fobs can be had on e-bay for $28.50 plus $5.50 for shipping.

For some reason 1997 to 1999 are much more expensive. The only one I can see on e-bay is USED and is going for $56 dollars ... and there are still three days of bidding left.

Terry Holtz said:
On e-bay there are plenty of fobs for sale for 2001 to 2004 Vettes. Two... a pair .... of the fobs can be had on e-bay for $28.50 plus $5.50 for shipping.

For some reason 1997 to 1999 are much more expensive. The only one I can see on e-bay is USED and is going for $56 dollars ... and there are still three days of bidding left.

My battery whent dead over storage. had to reprogram the radio and found out the key fobs don't work. The owners manual tells you how to reprogram the key fobs (2-11 :confused i think) but my auto trunk opener on the key fob does not work. I will try tonight to reprogram. Anybody else have this problem????

>>>>>>>but my auto trunk opener on the key fob does not work. I will try tonight to reprogram. Anybody else have this problem????<<<<<<

Are you sure that it's the key fob's fault? The trunk lids on C-5's often stick. Press the button and listen closely to see if it isn't TRYING to open.

Yeh I here nothing no selonoid kick in but still gonna try what wishyouwerehere82 said..

Not so fob-ulous

Seems like my fob forgets itself. A bit of history: battery ran down over winter, ever since if I don't drive the car daily the fob seems to forget. I press the lock/unlock together, horn beeps, away we go.

Anyone had this problem?

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Thanks.

:v

Exact same thing happened to me. Batt dead over winter = key fob screwed up...

I just got the recall notice for the steering wheel lockout. I'll ask the dealer what's up and let you know.

I just got a recall on the steering wheel lock yesterday. Called up C Harper(Bell Vernon PA) Chevy last night and they will be done with it today. I wll ask them about the key fob and let every one know..

82shark said:
Can you get a new fob or an extra one? I just got me 2001 black vert, but it only came with one keyless, labelled "1". Can I get another? If so where? ED

Yeah- I had to do the same thing.

Hit these guys up-
http://www.buy-oem-parts.com/

I paid a whopping $230 for a new remote AND a driver's side mirror shipped direct to my house.

Great prices. Great service experience. I think they sent me four emails- order placed, account debited, item shipped, and tracking number for the box.

avacorvette said:
I just got a recall on the steering wheel lock yesterday. Called up C Harper(Bell Vernon PA) Chevy last night and they will be done with it today. I wll ask them about the key fob and let every one know..

We all just got our steering lock recall notices yesterday!

Get the hi-performance key fob - adds 10 hp at speeds over 180mph.

Did anyone ever get an answer

to this question?

Seems like my fob forgets itself. (...) If I don't drive the car daily the fob seems to forget.

Mine does this also, new battery in FOB, I get in insert key, start, adjust seat, press and hold memory button until light flashes. Works fine that day, park it in the garage for a day or two, FOB settings gone when I go to drive again.

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom