Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L81'ers Gather around...

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
OK.. Here's the message ;)

I finally received the Embroidery Tape needed to make our Hats and Shirts :D AND I found an Embroidery Shop here in Amarillo that is willing to work with me to get Hats & Shirts for our Registry.

This afternoon I gave them the names of and bin numbers of the shirts, Polo and Denim, I couldn't find the mfr. name of the hats, so they will look for the matching style.

I need your input..
Please be constructive and sincere ..

The items will not be stocked, but ordered weekly by the Embroidery Shop then Embroidered for sending. It will still be my duty to accept orders then notify the shop so they can get the shirt / hat done. I am thinking of shipping items twice a month e.g. 2nd Wed and 4th Wed each month ??? or something like that ????

I still will not use PayPal (fee for each purchase and % and a % of the total of each sale) so it would remain the same, I trust you to pay by check / money order / bank draft.

I can also have "Patch's" made up of the logo ;) AND they would consider embroidering the logo on personal items... e.g. maybe seat covers head rest, jackets ????

They were great to talk too and hopefully this will work out for us..

Questions???
Suggestions???
Comments???

Bud Dougherty

Patch sounds good to me Bud. :)
Where do I send my check and for how much?

This sound's great Bud, But I would try to make easy for you as well!!!!
I also think $$$ upfront +s/h,This shouldn't leave you holding the bag for any monies!!! When you get there order then call over to the embroideriers and have it done,who would do the shipping,you or are they willing to take care of it as well???

so how much and where to send the $$$$

The Embroidery Shop and I plan to sit down again on Monday or Tuesday. I let them know that I would ask the Registry Members for suggestions.

I forgot to ask them about having personal items embroidery done, e.g. Leather Seat Cover head rest area, Jackets, Towels etc. (items would be sent to me, I would deliver to the shop, pay, pickup and mail, or maybe they would handle this :confused )

Patches are something folks could sew on whatever they want too, but I'd require they be as high quality as our present hats / shirts embroidery.

The only thing the shop would do is the embroidery and order the shirts from the mfr. I would still pick them up at the shop, pay for them, package and mail them.

Note: They Do Not do Silkscreening...

Thanks for the input Janine and Bill ;) I appreciate it.

Bud

Hey Bud,

Ask about embroidering CAC handles or nicknames on the caps...or Vette names...:L

GerryLP:cool

Hey Bud,

Ask about embroidering CAC handles or nicknames on the caps...or Vette names...:L

:upthumbs ;) on the back of the hat???

Bud

REGISTRY STUFF

Glad to hear you are back in business Bud, but I hope you do what you can to minimize the risk to your 'home operation'; the suggestion about $'s up front for the merchandise and a bill later for shipping and handling is a good one and I am sure that the majority of members will comply. I like the idea of a 'patch' too.

I'll await your word that all is a go; both my shirts are about to wear out, so need a re-stock. If you can get a shipping rate from your place to mine (you have my address), I'll make sure you get all the dough up front.

You know that now you are retired, you should be spending more time on the golf course or out with Rare.....must be a treat to be able to 'cruise' year around. I am just getting ready for that "w" thing and all the 'stuff' that comes with it.....

Keep up the great work......dbj

Hey Bud,

I like that idea ( 81KIX ) screen Name plus ( CAC ) patch. :upthumbs

I'll take one of each Bud. :beer

Bud

I think that the Hats, patches and the shirts, Polo and Denim are great and as for payment and shipping.Up front payment is the only way to go and Since you have taken on all the responsibilty to accept orders and then notify the shop so they can get the shirt / hat/patches completed. Then shipping items twice a month e.g. 2nd Wed and 4th Wed each month should be your call. It works for me. Maybe in the future we could sell light weight Jackets with our names Embroideried on the right side and the Corvette Cross Flags on the left and the L81 Registry on the back. :) Just a thought for the future.

Grizzly:w

:w Grizz,

I like the idea of a bigger logo on the back of a jacket :D I think it all comes down to how much a person wants to SPEND ;) ..

The shop I am talking with seem to be very receptive to idea's. Hopefully I can pull this all together before December and we can help everyone with their CHRISTMAS Shopping this year :D

Bud

Bud,

Sounds great. I would suggest a standard s&h charge on all orders that would cover shipping anywhere in the lower 48. Then have members inquire as to the cost for shipping outside the continental US before they order.

Also Pay Pal is so convenient to use for so many that I would suggest setting the price of the items so that the % to Pay Pal would be covered in the sale. You will get your money back on some and make a little on others.

Who knows, you might end up with some $ left over that you could use to prototype additional L81 Registry items for sale. Nobody here is going to begrudge you any profit that you make on these items. You have invested a tremendouse amount of money and time in the Registry and the sale of these items should help defrey the expenses some.

Tom

Hey Bud - this time .... payment up front or PayPal !! ... and I wonder if having a PayPal account makes you smell like a business to the IRS ??
If anyone has a problem with that ... then let them drive to Texas to pick it up.
You were way too accommodating the last time around, and we saw what happened. There will always be a few of those out there - so head 'em off at the pass !

I have had Pay Pal for a few years now. I don't think the IRS looks at is as anything different than using charge cards. At least I don't think I smell any different.

Patch sounds good to me Bud. :)
Where do I send my check and for how much?

Hey Bud! How's Texas? I'm in for a patch or two when you get them. Let me know how much and where to send payment!

Zane

Zane,
The registry store on the website was redesigned this past weekend and all of the new inventory has been posted (this includes patches!) You can pay right through PayPal or with your credit card.
Actually, I'd like some feedback on how the process goes for you if you happen to purchase anything!

-Tim

Thanks Tim! I'll check it out and like you know how the transaction goes.

Zane

The "New" Registry Store has been online now for almost 2 weeks... (THANKS to Tim). Last week I was back in Nebraska due to a family medical issue.

We received 1 order for a Travel Mug.. Thank you Elaine :upthumbs, it will be mailed this morning ;)

... I need to get this off my chest.....
I busted my BUTT getting this all put together, Tim added items to the Registry Store, and set it up so we now can accept PayPal or Credit Cards.

We reviewed each suggestion and did our best to accommodate them and implemented most of them. For all the CRAP I received for NOT having Registry Gear in Stock, (some rather nasty comments too), the silence and response is deafening!!

Bud Dougherty
L81VetteRegistry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom