Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Like my front plate?? & Spot the difference!

T

tony@scotland

here are some pics of my C6. I hated the front plate mount which is twice as wide as the US plate so at heavy expense I had it removed, the holes filled and the front repainted. In the UK a front plate is mandatory and the law is rigorously enforced with severe fines. I have applied an almost legal self adhesive reflective plate .. it's over to one side as it didn't fit well centred over the front "point" ... like it? or hate it?... let me know!

8-picture2.gif
8-picture8.gif

Also here are some differences between U.S. & U.K. Euro cars

8-picture3.gif
Headlamp Jet washers

8-picture4.gif
Side "Repeater" flashers

8-picture5.gif
Amber rear quarter lamps

8-picture7.gif
Euro amber flashers and Rear fog lamps

8-picture6.gif
White side lamp bulb inset into headlamp cluster

8-picture9.gif
SatNav of Europe ... here is Scotland!

looks real nice , i also love all those goodies on the euro model
:beer

If Chevy can put the headlight washers on a Euro Vette why can't they put them on a US Vette?

And Tony, you did a better job than Chevy did on the plate!

tony@scotland said:
snip
applied an almost legal self adhesive reflective plate ..
snip

8-picture7.gif

Nice job Tony !!

Almost legal, hu ? ;LOL
Good job on the plate too, how long did you have to wait for that one to come in ? (No, i dont even want to know what you paid for it.. :eek )
If you have those pics bigger, that would be cool.. It's a great looking car you have, no reason to be shy about showing it.. ;)

Ta !

:w
-Stefan

82ColEd said:
If you have those pics bigger, that would be cool.. Ta !

-Stefan

Hi Stefan, I don't need asking twice here's a big one! I like your plate too... is that a Frankfurt reg? I paid $750 for the plate, but I think it will add more than that to the value of the car if I ever sell it complete with plate... The rear plate is legal but the front plate is legal size letters and shape but self adhesive ones are verboten!

SuperSpectureGuard Plate

Has anyone here ever try this plate? It is suppose to keep your license number private by blocking it out from cameras, photo cams at all angles.

tony@scotland said:
Hi Stefan, I don't need asking twice here's a big one! I like your plate too... is that a Frankfurt reg? I paid $750 for the plate, but I think it will add more than that to the value of the car if I ever sell it complete with plate... The rear plate is legal but the front plate is legal size letters and shape but self adhesive ones are verboten!

I dont see the pic :cry

The F-SL 1 plate:Yep, well, sorta.. Let me explain:
When i moved to the US, i didnt need to run a front plate (in Pennsylvania) but have the holes in it (from Frankfurt), so i had one made (at the TUeV in Frankfurt). It is a legal plate (albeit old, from 1997, right before the EU ones were mandatory), but not legal to drive, as an older gentleman with a MB 500 SL has the real mccoy (I met him and asked him if he let go of it for me.. He just smiled), so i dont have the Inspection stickers on it. Also got pulled over for it here. NJ Cop got curious as it is a real plate that reflects. After talking to him for a few minutes he just let me go. :L

Yeah, we have the same in Germany with stick-on's.. They used to be legal, but rare. Now they are like 1 in a million, if you find the right Inspection Station with the right guy. Good luck with it though.. ;)

PS: $750 ? :eek I knew it was a :crazy amount.. I agree, if you ever sell it, it'll add to it.

82ColEd said:
I dont see the pic :cry

The F-SL 1 plate:Yep, well, sorta.. Let me explain:
When i moved to the US, i didnt need to run a front plate (in Pennsylvania) but have the holes in it (from Frankfurt), so i had one made (at the TUeV in Frankfurt). It is a legal plate (albeit old, from 1997, right before the EU ones were mandatory), but not legal to drive, as an older gentleman with a MB 500 SL has the real mccoy (I met him and asked him if he let go of it for me.. He just smiled), so i dont have the Inspection stickers on it. Also got pulled over for it here. NJ Cop got curious as it is a real plate that reflects. After talking to him for a few minutes he just let me go. :L

Yeah, we have the same in Germany with stick-on's.. They used to be legal, but rare. Now they are like 1 in a million, if you find the right Inspection Station with the right guy. Good luck with it though.. ;)

PS: $750 ? :eek I knew it was a :crazy amount.. I agree, if you ever sell it, it'll add to it.

Yes but SuperSpectureGuard is not cheap at $39.95 and isn't a stick on as it is applied just like your license plate frame bolted in. We don't have inspection stations here for cars..

abc said:
Yes but SuperSpectureGuard is not cheap at $39.95 and isn't a stick on as it is applied just like your license plate frame bolted in. We don't have inspection stations here for cars..

Sorry, abc, i wasnt replying to your post, but to Tony's, as he was showing us his very :cool car with all the EU mods and his version of a stick on, so he doesnt have to use the nasty plate holder. Maybe you hit the wrong thread ?

-Stefan

No I was just curious sense you were on the subject of license plates if anyone here knew if this stuff worked or if it is a gimmick.

Extras

Dude, I'm just glad my car doesn't have to have all that extra crap on it; sometimes less is more; however the license plate is cool.:cool

abc said:
No I was just curious sense you were on the subject of license plates if anyone here knew if this stuff worked or if it is a gimmick.
NEVERMIND: fyi: This place is a hoax
I found out these guys are selling crap that doesn't work. They are operating out of a P.O. box in Hermossasa Springs, Florida as they do not want to be found if you notice on their website there are alot of BS disclaimers and they do not back their product and will not refund you your money. They also use other websites using a different site name selling spy products, espionage stuff, telephone voice changers, bug detectors, covert cameras which is just another reason i can see why they are using a P.O. Box as they don't want to be found after selling crap that doesn't work.
Steer Clear of these crooks. There is probably another vendor out there that sells a product that works.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom