Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looks like ZR-1 prices might be dropping . . .

phrogs said:
Did you ever see it in person?

Its still a 91 and the general consensous isthat 90-91's are not worth anything because they were the most built

He just had a bunch of work done to the motor so If its all about what the motor looks like that sells the car then so be it.

anyone can take car of the car the thing is alot of people are just selling them to get out from underneath them

The ZR1 is alot of car for that money so If you have the means I highly sugest getting one.

ZR1 prices have been flucuating alot the last few years and the good deals out there have been few and far I think any 405 car should be $30,000 at least

everone is scared of the engine Im more scared of working on transmission hahaha

Not worth anything?

Ouch.

I don't see much difference in value at the Auctions.

Koop said:
Not worth anything?

Ouch.

I don't see much difference in value at the Auctions.

I'm glad I have my worthless 91...I only wish it was worthless when I got it 4 years ago..;)

I have only had mine ½ year and it has spent all of that time depreciation in a garage almost 1500 miles from me.:cry I have a standing offer that would give me a $2000 profit after all expenses are paid. If mine keeps depreciating at this rate I could be a happy man.:upthumbs
<o:p> </o:p>
The fact is that a ZR1 is the best bang for buck ever built but it still makes me crazy to see one go on the block for less than the price of overhauling the LT-5.:W

phrogs said:
Did you ever see it in person?

Its still a 91 and the general consensous isthat 90-91's are not worth anything because they were the most built

He just had a bunch of work done to the motor so If its all about what the motor looks like that sells the car then so be it.

anyone can take car of the car the thing is alot of people are just selling them to get out from underneath them

The ZR1 is alot of car for that money so If you have the means I highly sugest getting one.

ZR1 prices have been flucuating alot the last few years and the good deals out there have been few and far I think any 405 car should be $30,000 at least

everone is scared of the engine Im more scared of working on transmission hahaha

No i never i saw it in person, just going by the looks and the gentlemen's word.

Sorry i caught you on a bad day, by mentioning, his was clean.

And yes, i just purchased one, a 95, and the means to pay for it!

Jack

I spent $19k on mine a year ago. 1990, now has 58,xxx miles, she's a good driver and will never be a show car. To me, that wss a great deal on a ZR-1 and I don't really care if the car appreciates or depreciates. I appreciate it every time I drive it. :lou

Jim

koolaid117 said:
I spent $19k on mine a year ago. 1990, now has 58,xxx miles, she's a good driver and will never be a show car. To me, that wss a great deal on a ZR-1 and I don't really care if the car appreciates or depreciates. I appreciate it every time I drive it. :lou

I would never say "it will never be a show car"...I myself have made show cars out of cars worth nothing. If you look at cars from the 60s and 70s, higher milage cars...some restored, some not, they cross the block for 10s of thousands. My guess is that in 5-10 years there will be alot of ZR-1s restored or just freshened up for show and collecting. I also believe, for the most part these cars are extreamly well taken care of compared to other cars of the same era ie: Camaro, Grand National, L98 Vettes ect. I see alot of them that I would call rough.

Anomalies

I think you're always going to see a few extreme highs and lows.
Watch Barret Jackson for ZR1s and you'll see some highs on what are somewhat more common cars, due to higher productions numbers, and yet I picked up a pristine 93 anni Z with 20k for $35, and someone else on a different forum got a really nice 93 anni Z with about 50k miles for $28k (which I think is a steal). For reference I'd like to see what a fancy auction would do for a low mile excellent 93 anni Z or similarly 94 or 95.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom