Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Growling Noise

2ndgear

Engine noise can only be heard from inside car at low idle. Can be heard when trans is either in park or in gear. Not loud, but concerning! 04 auto, 11k miles.

Loose flex plate , maybe? Someone will chime in with the same problem, and cure ...........It's great........

I have the same issue on my 98.? No one seems to know the reason. Some say its belt rumble but I doubt it.If you find out let us know, but I think its a common problem?

Thanks, it is an aweful sound? So far everyone that has listened to the noise cannot find what it is. I'll keep you posted if I find an answer.

MG

Does it happen when you first start it up or after you have been driving for awhile?

Both, although it hard to hear when first started as the engine is at a higher idle, the normal engine noises drown it out. Once the engine gets to normal idle rpms is when it most noticable. You have to be inside to hear it. Outside with the hood open, the noise cannot be heard. It almost sounds like a very faint diesel engine type of sound, not loud but noticable. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom