Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 Owners in forum

e3g6l3 said:
Just entered the forum and would like to add my car
1970 donneybrooke green lt1
just purchased the car in early feb and have not been able to drive it due to the weather. there is a pic of car in my profile.
praying for early spring. ed

Welcome! Pretty LT.......Been lucky on the weather out here in the great Pacific N/W. Been able to get the LT out on several occasions this winter.

Steve

Welcome, Ed! All of us Lt-1 owners in the northeast FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

WOW...........I guess I will ad my story.
I bought my 71 LT1 in 1977 for $4,200. (I was 17 years old at the time) And was a daily driver for 5 years. Showed it for a while, and even got my picture in Vette Vues a couple of time. Did not know what I had at the time, so I decided I wanted to go RACING....Out came the motor, and every option I had to get it lighter. Aluminum motor in and raced for 2 years in the Camel GT class. NEVER WON A RACE, so the VETTE went into the GARAGE for 15 years and set. Got it back out, and decided to put it on the street, and have some fun with it. Now it is probaby the most customized VETTE in North Carolina, and worth about half what it would be if it was stock.........LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS....
Originally was Brands Hatch Green/ Lt. Saddle Deluxe , AC, M-22

Wish I still had all the original parts.........would go back stock

slyone1000 said:
Originally was Brands Hatch Green/ Lt. Saddle Deluxe , AC, M-22
I thought only '72's had AC available?

That's correct, AC was only available in 72 with the LT-1 option. Only 240 made and less than 50 were convertibles.

restoring my 70 LT1 - interested in smog parts,etc

Hello

Owned my 70 LT1 20 years - only missing smog - working to complete for my nephew and interested in any parts to complete my early Jan,70 car. After 117,000 miles of smiles I want it reliable for him. T.I. would be welcome also.
Even my pulley was changed for just 2 belts.
Thanks

geopar said:
Hello fellow LT-1 owners . My current one is a '72 cp. , yellow/saddle , p/s , p/b , p/w , t/t , no air . Original down to the carb. and starter , 62K miles ( not documented , but looks about about right when evaluating seats , carpet , bushing wear , etc. . I had a '71 back in '86-'89 but sold when I was moving back to Tx. (wish I had kept it !) I bought that one for $3,000.00 from a "surfer" in S.F. , it needed body work and a little T.L.C. , but looked great when I finished it . I was putting it on the moving truck when this guy came by and asked , " Is that a real LT-1 ? Is it for sale ?" 40 minutes later he came back with an envelope full of $100 bills and that vette was gone . I still have the T.I. and smog set-up for that car , as they were the last things I had to re-install , and forgot to give them to the buyer as they were packed in the van and the deal happened so fast . Wish I still had that vette , not because of the $ value , but because I put so much effort into it and because it was so original (still had stencil markings) , and now I can afford to have "toys" . Cheers , Geo

1970 & 1972

Got two coupes .......a 70 and a 72 with PS/PB &air ..both original except for TT II's
MVC-044X.JPG

MVC-387s.JPG

Bullshark

Had the car about 3 months now. Love the sounds and smells with the T-tops off.
'71 LT-1
Mulsanne Blue
M21
64k original miles and engine
All matching numbers with the tank sticker still on the tank (another day! soon)
Frank

71 LT1 roadster
Sunflower ylw P/S P/B Blk lthr
just got last week from OH

fuel ?

Does it have hardened valve seats ? My 70 likes Sunoco 94 octane and fuel additive as I want to rebuild heads with hardened valve seats before I really 'play hard'. Good luck

Hello everyone,
I've just signed up for the LT-1 registry and forum yesterday after owning my 71 LT-1 for the last 9 years. I'm in the process of starting a restoration and thanks to all of your messages in the forum have gotten enthused again! I own a mahogany metallic brown 78 L-48 and a 79 silver L-82 and my wife has a 82 silver blue cross fire so we are a C3 family. Unfortunately, the LT-1 has taken a back seat to remodelling the house for the last 6 years and the work required to keep the other 3 vettes on the road. Right now I've got all of them torn apart for one thing or another.

My LT-1 was built in the Sept 70 and started life as a Onratio Orange coupe with 4 speed and 4:11 rear end. It was originally sold in Mass. and moved to Florida where it was repainted re-sale red. I picked it up in Plainfield, Ill. in 1995 after the previous owner of 9 years had blown up the engine and had a replacement LT-1 CE block installed. He never did get the car running correctly and sold it off needing a lot of TLC. I picked it up with plans to do a frame off to determine exactly what is still original and what isn't. Now, 9 years later, I'm finally ready to start working on the car with goals to get it back on the road next year. I belong to the NCRS but haven't been involved in the Illinois chapter since I don't have the LT-1 on the road. My main involvement has been with the NCCC and my local Mid-Illinois Corvette club. I look forward to talking to you all on line and will keep you posted to my progress.

Save the wave,
Cal

Cal
Welcome to the CAC! :beer
Sounds like you've got a nice stable full of C3s, but let's get that LT-1 back in service! Good luck with your resto- the CAC can be a valuable resource.

Dick

Just got an LT1

Hi folks, I am a first time LT1 owner and could not be happier. I've owned many Corvettes and muscle cars but the one Corvette that I've never owned or even driven is an LT1. I happened to find a 1972 version for sale locally. It is a red/black coupe with PS, PB, PW, tilt/tele and AM/FM stereo. The car is in great shape, original body with a very dry and rust free chassis. It has the original engine, transmission and rear. Of course, there is an L in the ID number (#14928).
The car was missing the original carb, but the shop that has performed the repairs for the past owner of 10 years found it on a shelf. The "buy it now price" was $150. I got the car Saturday and picked up the carb yestrday. The things that are wrong are; no smog pump and the heads are 1969 HP heads with the part number of 3927816. I will be looking for heads cast in Februrary of 1972 with a part number of 3998916. Anyone know what the difference is?
I also have a '66 Shelby and a 1967 400 horse Benchmark Corvette roadster with 18,000 miles.

LT1Tim said:
Hi folks, I am a first time LT1 owner and could not be happier. I've owned many Corvettes and muscle cars but the one Corvette that I've never owned or even driven is an LT1. I happened to find a 1972 version for sale locally. It is a red/black coupe with PS, PB, PW, tilt/tele and AM/FM stereo. The car is in great shape, original body with a very dry and rust free chassis. It has the original engine, transmission and rear. Of course, there is an L in the ID number (#14928).
The car was missing the original carb, but the shop that has performed the repairs for the past owner of 10 years found it on a shelf. The "buy it now price" was $150. I got the car Saturday and picked up the carb yestrday. The things that are wrong are; no smog pump and the heads are 1969 HP heads with the part number of 3927816. I will be looking for heads cast in Februrary of 1972 with a part number of 3998916. Anyone know what the difference is?
I also have a '66 Shelby and a 1967 400 horse Benchmark Corvette roadster with 18,000 miles.
That's quite the stable!

Hello Midshark,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying reading up on all of the CAC threads, especially about the LT-1's. Has anyone seen the new Danbury Mint 1970 LT-1 models yet? If not, I can post some pics of the model I received yesterday. It's almost as good as the real thing, just not full size!

Bullshark, if you like silver LT-1's this is the 1:24 scale version for you. It is silver with deluxe black interior and is an excellent model with lots of features.

Save the wave,
Cal

Hey, thanks for the post. I haven't been able to find a Nevada Silver LT-1 in any type of model. In fact, I've never seen another "real" LT-1 in this color, outside of my own of course, and pics from other LT-1 owners in the CAC.....and I kind of like it that way!:)

1970 Monza Red LT-1 Convertible w/ Black Leather, 3.73 rear end, power windows, tilt/tele, and M21 Tranny.

72 LT-1 Coupe

I have a 72 LT-1 coupe, white exterior with blue interior. #'s match. I am the third owner and have owned the car for the last 16 years. I purchased the car from Mike Cahill (Are you out there?) who owned the car from 1974 to 1988. The car's options include tilt/tele, stereo radio, and rear defogger. The car has no p/s or p/b. The frame was rusty when purchased and was welded to correct. The car is a great driver, but could use a new frame (anyone have one for sale?). I may be willing to sell this car, Anyone interested?

Hey guys,

This 1:24 scale silver coupe is available from the Danbury Mint at:

The Danbury Mint
47 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06857

Toll free number is 1-800-243-4664 Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm eastern std time

I've also found 1:32 scale metal diecast models of the 70, 71 and 72 Lt-1's in the Zora Arkus-Duntov Authorized collection which came out a few years ago. So far I've only found one copy of each coupe, Ontario Orange 70 Lt-1 with beige interior, Yellow 71 Lt-1 with black interior, and Green 72 Lt-1 with black interior. Since my real 71 Lt-1 is a Ontario Orange coupe with black interior I've looked at swapping the interiors from one of the other models but it would require me to repaint the sun visors from beige to black to get the models to match again. I'm still look at all of the car show for more copies of these models so I can do this swap and still have one of each original model.

I've also found several 1:24 scale plastic models of the Lt-1 models but will have to dig that info out on another day.

Cheers,
Cal

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom