Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Me No Sweat No More.. Bought Me A New A/C System ..This is the Best one I Have Seen.

yup, i misunderstood...i thought you were talking about an auxiliary fan INSIDE the car, which made no sense to me.....

me, pull somebody's dick?

Nah, i just call 'em like i see 'em;shrug

Some one posted or PM ed me about any more progress on my A/C system. I tried to reply but the Forum was down. Any how ..I received a shipment to day I hope of the last of the custom stuff I ordered. I'll post some pic's for you when I get home as I'm still at work.

I haven't started the install as I was waiting for the rest of the gack. This weekend Kid_Again is stopping by to help me yank the hood so I can get going.

Pic's to follow...:beer

What's been your experience with MidYear A/C systems WITHOUT a front mounted condesor fan. How did they preform Vs with the fan ?
The mechanical fan could not pull enough air. I figured that since I was going to burn the watts at the alternator, what's the point of having a clutch and GM fan - so I removed the mechanical fan and put a 16 inch electric fan in the shroud opening instead.

It works fine, and the car gets better mileage. My BB rad is 2 row 1.25inch tube aluminum. The brass rad is not enough at high speed with A-C running, and neither is an aluminum rad with 1 inch tubes.
alhoodduct70pct.jpg

The mechanical fan could not pull enough air. I figured that since I was going to burn the watts at the alternator, what's the point of having a clutch and GM fan - so I removed the mechanical fan and put a 16 inch electric fan in the shroud opening instead.

It works fine, and the car gets better mileage. My BB rad is 2 row 1.25inch tube aluminum. The brass rad is not enough at high speed with A-C running, and neither is an aluminum rad with 1 inch tubes.
alhoodduct70pct.jpg

Thanks Magic..
I'm going with a front mounted condensor fan pushing thru the Condensor fired off by a special sensor in the A/C system. The Main Rad fan is the De Witts Dual Spal Fan mouted on the rear of the rad in the engine compartment.

So there are two fans..I'll be travelling in Navada in August 2008 on a long road trip with some friends. Temps will be I'm sure well above 100*. So ..keeping the condensor flushed with air from the front mounted fan in 100* plus traffic is a
plus. And..with the Dual Spal Fan cranken away thru the De Witts Rad ...The 502
should stay cool as well as me.

Some one posted or PM ed me about any more progress on my A/C system. I tried to reply but the Forum was down. Any how ..I received a shipment to day I hope of the last of the custom stuff I ordered. I'll post some pic's for you when I get home as I'm still at work.

I haven't started the install as I was waiting for the rest of the gack. This weekend Kid_Again is stopping by to help me yank the hood so I can get going.

Pic's to follow...:beer

Any more info yet?

Stepinwolf,

Did you get your info? If not that might be an indication of the level of service we will recieve. I sorry but I will pay a little extra just to know that if they say they will do something, they do it. We ordered a classic air unit for my parents 63 impala (after you mentioned you requested info from the others) and it was at my office 4 days later.

Chuck

Any more info yet?

Stepinwolf,

Did you get your info? If not that might be an indication of the level of service we will receive. I sorry but I will pay a little extra just to know that if they say they will do something, they do it. We ordered a classic air unit for my parents 63 impala (after you mentioned you requested info from the others) and it was at my office 4 days later.

Chuck

Chuck,

Not yet, however I did speak to both of them ( Classic + Hot Rod Air ) and they both confirmed that material had been sent to me. I must confess that I am not surprised, since the regular snail mail containing advertising, or POP material, usually takes anywhere from two to four weeks to get here.

I will post the info as soon as I get my hands on it.

Stepinwolf

.........since the regular snail mail containing advertising, or POP material, usually takes anywhere from two to four weeks to get here.

I can confirm that to be the case. The guys at the border like to kick their feet up on the desk and read everything with cars or girls in it before it gets through. :eyerole

;help

Any more info yet?

Stepinwolf,

Did you get your info? If not that might be an indication of the level of service we will recieve. I sorry but I will pay a little extra just to know that if they say they will do something, they do it. We ordered a classic air unit for my parents 63 impala (after you mentioned you requested info from the others) and it was at my office 4 days later.

Chuck

I received my Catalog last week from Hot Rod Air.

Here's my deal... I also received the Chrome Sanden Compressor..looks sweet and the SS Hose line and fittings that have to be crimped up.

The hold up is March Pulleys. They have moved to Fla and have reset up shop but are not up to full speed yet. My special serpentine Compressor bracket has not arrived yet. March is behind the 8 ball trying to re coupe from there move.

Also waiting on the special Condensor with custom spal fan which should arrive this week. Also...a New reverse rotation water pump which is needed due to the serp belt supplied by March.Those are the only things I'm missing. Just three items. The rest of the A/C kit was shipped complete 5 days after my order.

I'm not going to start untill it's all here. So Hot Rod Air shipped right from stock...and again...my unit is not stock but custom to my specs and build hence the delay.
I can't fault Hot Rod Air ...They did there thang.. If it was a stock kit..it would have been on by now.:D

I should have a bunch more parts ready for the install on Project BLOW so I'll definitely be down the shore this weekend......got all the stuff, including the original water pump pulley

...so, if you get your stuff and want me to help with the hood, fine....if you have nothing to do this weekend, you can stop over at your convenience

I should have a bunch more parts ready for the install on Project BLOW so I'll definitely be down the shore this weekend......got all the stuff, including the original water pump pulley

...so, if you get your stuff and want me to help with the hood, fine....if you have nothing to do this weekend, you can stop over at your convenience

Have a function in the evening ... So not a problem... See you Saturday..:beer

A KUBA KUBA and a Beer ..and out she comes...:D
I just ordered two boxes from black cat ;) I hope you guys have enough to last you the weekend.
I'm watching your thread and want to see the Serp system who knows maybe someday I'll put air in the 68 but for now there is a Corvette only swap meet this Sunday hopefully I'll find the latches and pins for my Vert top.
I'll be heading east sometime in May to see a new arrival in Jay's family due the end of next month. I'll try to steal a little time to see your progress. Damn I'm gettin' old.;LOL

I just ordered two boxes from black cat ;) I hope you guys have enough to last you the weekend.
I'm watching your thread and want to see the Serp system who knows maybe someday I'll put air in the 68 but for now there is a Corvette only swap meet this Sunday hopefully I'll find the latches and pins for my Vert top.
I'll be heading east sometime in May to see a new arrival in Jay's family due the end of next month. I'll try to steal a little time to see your progress. Damn I'm gettin' old.;LOL

Let me know when your getten close to coming down...maybe we can hook up for dinner.
:beer

yeah, same here...let me know when you're going to be in the neighborhood

black cat's the place i do my shopping also...the place is a real trip to visit..forget holt's

I just got a call today should be mid May the Trenton Tool Room reunion dinner is the Monday after Mothers Day. I'll probably arive the Sat before and stay a week.
I'll keep in touch as it gets nearer. You guys should be driving by then.

Cool

Spoke to VNV about this today and we could arrange for an oceanside barbeque at my place in OC....it would be my pleasure...we'll arrange for cabs for those who over-indulge :rotfl

Cool

Spoke to VNV about this today and we could arrange for an oceanside barbeque at my place in OC....it would be my pleasure...we'll arrange for cabs for those who over-indulge :rotfl

Hic...&^*@#:D

Update..

March Pulleys should be shipping the new A/C Compressor Bracket along with the Reverse Rotaion WP to day or tomorrow. I also hope to have the Spal Condensor fan this week also.

When these parts arrive I'll post some pic's.
:beer

Viet Nam Vett,

You are more patient then I could ever be. I order pulleys from concept one with billet alt. and reverse water pump and recieved them in 3 days. Excellent service for anyone looking for pulleys. I decieded to go with classic air but now I am waiting to get the car back from Corvette City in Denver ;) . Gary and his crew were very nice. I'm getting extend fenders installed, roll bar, and body just cleaned up and painted.

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom