Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Me No Sweat No More.. Bought Me A New A/C System ..This is the Best one I Have Seen.

Viet Nam Vett,

You are more patient then I could ever be. I order pulleys from concept one with billet alt. and reverse water pump and recieved them in 3 days. Excellent service for anyone looking for pulleys. I decieded to go with classic air but now I am waiting to get the car back from Corvette City in Denver ;) . Gary and his crew were very nice. I'm getting extend fenders installed, roll bar, and body just cleaned up and painted.

Chuck

Cool Chuck.. Is that there web address..?? it didn't come up correctly. I'd like to go their and check them out. I did receive the bracket's & pulleys from March and the reverse flow Edelbrock pump. The stuff looks fantastic.

Only one problem...The Compressor Bracket doesn't fit correctly with the Sanden compressor. Me thinks they sent the wrong bracket. So at this point I'm dead in the water.

Send me the link to your guys stuff.

And how about a pic of your bracket...Is your motor a BB or SB..??

:beer

Cool Chuck.. Is that there web address..?? it didn't come up correctly. I'd like to go their and check them out. I did receive the bracket's & pulleys from March and the reverse flow Edelbrock pump. The stuff looks fantastic.

Only one problem...The Compressor Bracket doesn't fit correctly with the Sanden compressor. Me thinks they sent the wrong bracket. So at this point I'm dead in the water.

Send me the link to your guys stuff.

And how about a pic of your bracket...Is your motor a BB or SB..??

Here is the link:

http://www.conceptonepulleys.com/bigwide.htm

Mine was for a big block. I have the ZL1 Ramjet. They sent me the polished water pump, polished billet alt., pulleys, pwr steering with mini resevoir, and compressor bracket. I can take a pic when I get home tonight and post.

I did not get them on yet as I have the car and Corvette City in Denver Co. Gary preferred I leave it off as they will be working on the body and cage.

Concept has them for both small and big blocks. I really liked the power steering mini resevoir, it is also polished.

Here is a link to a friend that has it on his car. Note, he cut his crossmember because he has lowered the engine. You don't need to if at stock engine hieght.

Chuck

Sorry I did not get these posted last night but I am doing a resto mod for my parents, 63 impala with buick grand national engine, 200r4, 9", air ride suspension, classic air, and more. Last night the new quarters, fenders, and other parts came in so we were transporting the body parts to the body shop.

But here are the pics, I included the Dewitt Radiator too:

Chuck

Here is the link:

http://www.conceptonepulleys.com/bigwide.htm

Mine was for a big block. I have the ZL1 Ramjet. They sent me the polished water pump, polished billet alt., pulleys, pwr steering with mini resevoir, and compressor bracket. I can take a pic when I get home tonight and post.

I did not get them on yet as I have the car and Corvette City in Denver Co. Gary preferred I leave it off as they will be working on the body and cage.

Concept has them for both small and big blocks. I really liked the power steering mini resevoir, it is also polished.

Here is a link to a friend that has it on his car. Note, he cut his crossmember because he has lowered the engine. You don't need to if at stock engine hieght.

Chuck

Heh Chuck,

Thanks for posting this info.. Very Helpful... In the picture above..have you taken measurments across the the width from Alternator to Compressor to insure that the compressor will not hit the fender well in your ride? See my pic from a mock up tryout.

I'm having a clearence issue with the cyl head using the March pulley system. The heads on your ZL-1 Should be the same as my 502 except that there Rectanular ports. The Valve covers look the same.

Hot Rod Air Is machining the unneeded lugs off of the compressor and will be returning it soon.

Sorry I did not get these posted last night but I am doing a resto mod for my parents, 63 impala with buick grand national engine, 200r4, 9", air ride suspension, classic air, and more. Last night the new quarters, fenders, and other parts came in so we were transporting the body parts to the body shop.

But here are the pics, I included the Dewitt Radiator too:

Chuck
Sweet.....:beer

Heh Chuck,

Thanks for posting this info.. Very Helpful... In the picture above..have you taken measurments across the the width from Alternator to Compressor to insure that the compressor will not hit the fender well in your ride? See my pic from a mock up tryout.

I'm having a clearence issue with the cyl head using the March pulley system. The heads on your ZL-1 Should be the same as my 502 except that there Rectanular ports. The Valve covers look the same.

Hot Rod Air Is machining the unneeded lugs off of the compressor and will be returning it soon.

Viet Nam Vett,

I did not take measurements but my friend did not mention any problems. Here is a link to the measurements that Concept One gives. That was one thing that I liked about them. When I called March Pulleys, seems no one knew the measurements when I asked.

http://www.conceptonepulleys.com/widedims.htm

Are those measurements ok from you findings?

I don't have me car at this time, is in Colorado.

Here is a pic of the system on a 502 so you can see clearance on the head:

Thanks
Chuck

Viet Nam Vett,

I did not take measurements but my friend did not mention any problems. Here is a link to the measurements that Concept One gives. That was one thing that I liked about them. When I called March Pulleys, seems no one knew the measurements when I asked.

http://www.conceptonepulleys.com/widedims.htm

Are those measurements ok from you findings?

I don't have me car at this time, is in Colorado.

Here is a pic of the system on a 502 so you can see clearance on the head:

Thanks
Chuck

Thanks Chuck,
This Pic looks like the other pic a few posts back that you put up. That one I thought was your ZL-1. But after looking at it again I see it's the same 502 pic as this one. I went to that link you posted for dimensions and it looks like there showing a SB motor. At least the side view is a SB. This is under ther wide kit set up.

So far ..the toughest part of this insatll is getting the correct bracket to fit in the Midyear with the 502. I see the Concept bracket moves the compressor further forward to clear the Valve cover.

I'm just wondering in your case if you won't have the interfearence problem I'm having with the lower mounting lugs on the Sanden Compressor at the fender well.

Maybe some measurments are in order from fender well to fender well on your ride. I also spoke with Stepinwolf via phone a few days ago and about his 572 March compressor bracket set up. It clears the valve cover even though they are taller.

March seems to think the reason it works on his is becuase of the 1/4 " higher deck height of the 572 Motor. But I don't think that's the case. He measured his Fender to Fender and I thing he has about 3/4'' on each side or less.

So I would suggest you check your clearence also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom