Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Modifications

To what extent will you/do you modify your Shark?

• None (stock, #s matching)

Votes: 46 17.5%
  • Appearance (paint, wheels, etc.)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Mild performance (add-ons, under 100 hp gain)

Votes: 68 25.9%
  • Average performance (high performance components: engine, tranny, etc.)

Votes: 84 31.9%
  • Nothing is stock

Votes: 43 16.3%

• Total voters
Mods...

I guess my 72 doesn't really fit into the catagories very well. When I bought it the #'s didn't match and the car had "incorrect" blue paint. (should be Classic White)

While mine isn't going in a museum I've tried to keep things stock and correct. I don't want to have a 72 thats nothing like a 72!

The only items not stock or correct:

L88 hood
Custom paint
ZZ4 motor
Holley 600
CD player
Exhaust 2 1/2" (but otherwise stock)

I guess i'd call mine "Mild." I even have the points distributor... :)

-Gööney0

My '71 LS-6 is factory stock, right down to 33 year old tires. Incorrect items are replaced oil, radiator fluid, gasoline, transmission oil, rear axle fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and BATTERY.

Building a duplicate early shark, with same drivetrain, ie: LS-6, M22, Dual plate clutch & 3:70 ratio to go pure stock or factory stock drag racing. Just don't want to chance hurting the real McCoy!

early shark said:
My '71 LS-6 is factory stock, right down to 33 year old tires. Incorrect items are replaced oil, radiator fluid, gasoline, transmission oil, rear axle fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and BATTERY.

Building a duplicate early shark, with same drivetrain, ie: LS-6, M22, Dual plate clutch & 3:70 ratio to go pure stock or factory stock drag racing. Just don't want to chance hurting the real McCoy!
Original tires!! :eek

Maybe it was just me, but in that .mpg did you hear a really loud knocking? Is that normal?

Oh that's what it is? So that is normal/good?

383 stroker, Block cast 3970010. Eagle crank, rods.,-SRP reverse domed pistons.-Elderbrock Performer RPM heads angled plug., Comp Cams xe262h.,-Comp Cams Magnum roller tip rockers. Elderbrock Performer intake., -Q-Jet stage 2.,- MSD pro billet hei dist., K&N extreme air filter assembly, Taylor wires, headers, no cats .true duel exhaust.—Centerforce duel friction clutch .-Hurst comp. plus shifter.- TRW 340 lb rear spring.,.-KYB shocks—VBP smart struts..VBP O ring calipers. 255/60/15 Firehawk Indy 500.
It's a ongoing list that just gets longer, next is a lower rear, then the tko 5 sp., then ect. ect.

close to stock

My 78 is a fine example of a stock L82, from the outside and inside cab apperance, however i am working steadily away at building my own little sleeper.
so far ive managed to squeeze 340 horses out of the original motor according to the dyno, and it still looks stock. Next year I have decides to bolt on a vortech supercharger,which when finished should bump her up to around the
500 horse power mark, and thats with the stock heads and cam.[slightly different to the L48]. Should i chose to do the heads and cam as well, traction could become a problem.Fortunatley the vortech fits neatly under the bonnet, and i still get to have my stock looking vette.
Watch out rice burners, ill be going hunting.
cheers all Ernie.:D

Previous owner shaved heads to up compression to 9.7, winters work includes: comp cams magnum 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrock aluminum dual plane performer intake and new edelbrock 600 cfm performance carb as old holley leaked so bad it smelled like a gas spill at an oil terminal. Biggest performance enhancement may be yet to come as I have a Kiesler 5 spd on order (back ordered 5-9 weeks! thank God its winter). Looking for low end torque for fun--keepin' it on the street not the 1/4 miles or anything.

My favorite mod so far is the Keisler 5 speed OD. I also have the DeWitts Aluminum Radiator with Spal fan, Trick Flow 23 Degree Aluminum heads, Performer Intake, 670 Street Avenger Carb, Leather Seats in place of vinyl, 15 inch TTII wheels etc, etc...It has been a lot of fun getting to this point. Still lots more to do though.

Stock is OK, but I like it my way.
68 convertible with:
L88 clone motor
headers
3' exhaust
richmond 6 speed
3:08 rear
roll bar
2000 seats
electric power steering with power box
Torch red paint
95 corvette 17' wheels/tires
'o' ring brake cyls
14' steering wheel
dewhitt rad dual spals
L88 hood

To do

Hilborn efi conversion
sound system
do something with the headlights

Tyler

Stock, 68 L88

I like the relative appearance of stock :)

Everything is stock besides the engine. It's a matching numbers block but I've got different heads, cam and carby on there. I have the originals in the garage though. Oh and there are flares on the fender.

Tyler Townsley said:
Stock is OK, but I like it my way.
68 convertible with:
L88 clone motor
headers
3' exhaust
richmond 6 speed
3:08 rear
roll bar
2000 seats
electric power steering with power box
Torch red paint
95 corvette 17' wheels/tires
'o' ring brake cyls
14' steering wheel
dewhitt rad dual spals
L88 hood

To do

Hilborn efi conversion
sound system
do something with the headlights

Tyler
Sounds cool Tyler, have any pictures? I'm doing the 2003 C5 seats soon.

AKRAY4PLAY said:
i had to vote nothing stock, the body (minus hood) and interior are though. i don't have a rare car, it was already altered when i got it and you can't have the time of your life with 210hp. if you have a rare car that is worth money, by all means protect your investment. but if not, why not push the image of Vettes being the number one sprots car to limits?? there has to be a reason why everyone judges the performance of their car with a story that ties it to a Vette. i like making that connection harder to reach!! Brian
I have to completely agree with you on this, I plan on a total reconstruction myself.

There is nothing stock about my 75
It is a bigblock, fully roller motor, 871 blower, 15% overdrive for 12 pounds of boost, 2 850 double pumper carbs , a wild set of 340cc intake heads, 3 inch stainless exhaust, tremec overdrive transmission, massive custom axles, a complete stock car type front steering with zero bump steer, coilovers all around, 6 link rear suspension, hydraboost brakes, 14 inch front rotors, a 12 point roll cage and the picture doesn't show my current 18 x 10 rims
DSCF0475.jpg

All Original

I have done nothing yet. Mine is a 75 convertible, 33,000 original miles. It is totally stock, and completely original. I have a friend that wants me to do a lot of high performance add-ons, but because this is so cherry I am reluctant to do anything except maybe true duals for a little better sound. Of course it is the lowest horsepower vette chevy ever made, so the looks are fantastic, but I dont show it off at the light :) About a month ago I toyed with the idea of putting in a 427 that I could have gotten, original 1969 motor rebuilt for $1000, but I backed out. What a dilema :)

Headers & side pipes.... And Chrome baby chrome......Cant get enough chrome in the engine compartment. Its a good thing they dont make chrome spark plug wires...or I'd have them too! :L

Don't change anything

captras said:
I have done nothing yet. Mine is a 75 convertible, 33,000 original miles. It is totally stock, and completely original. I have a friend that wants me to do a lot of high performance add-ons, but because this is so cherry I am reluctant to do anything except maybe true duals for a little better sound. Of course it is the lowest horsepower vette chevy ever made, so the looks are fantastic, but I dont show it off at the light :) About a month ago I toyed with the idea of putting in a 427 that I could have gotten, original 1969 motor rebuilt for $1000, but I backed out. What a dilema :)
Before you think about changing anything,, think about the front end and the extra weight of the 427......the bb Vettes had a heavyer front suspension and you should change it if you go to a larger motor......Keep it all original you will be better off in the long run....
Just my 2 cents worth

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom