Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 1990 ZR-1 Project

-=Jeff=-

Corvette
1990 ZR-1
I bought this car in July '07. I drove it once in November of '07

Car should be on the road in another month.

When I bought it the interior was shot, drivers door and hood were not aligned right, as well as the hatch, needed all new weatherstripping. The interior is 95% done now, just need to reinstall the seats. Motor is in process (needed plug wires) and a good cleaning.

I am looking for ward to driving it

Current picture of the exterior
DX6490_20.jpg

Pictures before I got it:
http://vettextc.jiminees.com/ZR1/

interior:
DX6490_28.jpg

:D:Djeff nice job , to me its fun to get a car like you / we got and bring her back to her former glory. i have 80k miles on top of the 70 she had when i bought her 3/1/2 years ago . she has never let me down. makes one wonder if cars arent really alive and give owners that care the performance they want if they are treated with the love they want . did you find the drain hole in the valley? how did you allign the hood . i cant seem to get mine really right ?you will love this summer and have one of these:Dall the time

:D:Djeff nice job , to me its fun to get a car like you / we got and bring her back to her former glory. i have 80k miles on top of the 70 she had when i bought her 3/1/2 years ago . she has never let me down. makes one wonder if cars arent really alive and give owners that care the performance they want if they are treated with the love they want . did you find the drain hole in the valley? how did you allign the hood . i cant seem to get mine really right ?you will love this summer and have one of these:Dall the time

yes I found the drain hole, after I found the bottom of the valley..;LOL

the hood alignment is best done with both headlight buckets removed, I have it close to perfect but the hood had a bad repair job and will be replaced at some point. but for now it is what it is.

i had the same problem 3in of gunk. did my suggestion on how to clean help? are you putting in black carpet ? i have been thinking of doing the same , as the red gets dirty lookin at it . could you post pic when you are done i would love to see it . on the plug wires if you havent got them allready msd makes a really good plug wire for these cars :beer

Yeah you suggestion worked for the drain.

going with red/black interior .. not Stock at all but looks cool

As for Plug wires I have an AC Delco set ready to be installed

Night and day difference, it’s looking good!

Please post more pics as you progress, it’s great to see the results of a project like this.

B17Crew
:w

She's looking better. I like the Red/black interior. The previous owner had neglected it a bit, hope you got it for a reasonable price. Colorado car eh?

She's looking better. I like the Red/black interior. The previous owner had neglected it a bit, hope you got it for a reasonable price. Colorado car eh?

yeah from the end of a dirt road, near Ft Collins. I bought the car after a friend looked at it. I did not see it in person until it arrived at my house

:w Lookin good and summer getting close...:beer

Jeff, are you still looking for plug wires? I was at a "cruise night" last night and there was an AWESOME 90 ZR-1 there. Spent a few minutes checking out the engine and saw that he had a set of red plug wires on it that had CORVETTE ZR-1 every 4 or 5 inches down the entire length of the wire. I thought it looked great .... a nice subtle touch that only gets seen in you're paying close attention to the wires. As much as I know about ZR-1's, these wires might even be stock. I'll ask the guy where he got them the next time I see him if you would like. Enjoy that ZR-1! They are FINE looking cars.
Andy :w

Jeff, are you still looking for plug wires? I was at a "cruise night" last night and there was an AWESOME 90 ZR-1 there. Spent a few minutes checking out the engine and saw that he had a set of red plug wires on it that had CORVETTE ZR-1 every 4 or 5 inches down the entire length of the wire. I thought it looked great .... a nice subtle touch that only gets seen in you're paying close attention to the wires. As much as I know about ZR-1's, these wires might even be stock. I'll ask the guy where he got them the next time I see him if you would like. Enjoy that ZR-1! They are FINE looking cars.
Andy :w

Yeah those are OEM, a friend found a set at a dealer luckily but those got for $300+ USED on eBay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom