Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first problem....

74bigblock

Corvette
2008 Z06
I've identified my first problem. Not sure if anyone has a fix for me...

While returning from a local sandwich establishment (Jimmy John's), I had a sandwich next to me on passenger seat resting on top of 5 napkins (for later consumption at my office. OK, it was a number 5 - Vito, no tomatoes and add mayo if you must know).

Anyway, cresting a hill about 1500 yards from my turn in to the office parking lot... I could see that no law enforcement vehicles were present. Therefore, my body uncontrollably convulsed, shifted from 4th to 2nd (at 45mph) and jammed the gas.

The above convulsion caused A) the vehicle to abrubtly accelerate and B) pushing myself, and any unsecured items in the cabin backwards. The net result: most of my napkins broke loose from the sandwich and flew about the cabin... and out the window. :chuckle

I really need to get this fixed, but I'm not sure where to start. ;help

While returning from a local sandwich establishment (Jimmy John's), I had a sandwich next to me on passenger seat resting on top of 5 napkins (for later consumption at my office. OK, it was a number 5 - Vito, no tomatoes and add mayo if you must know).

Anyway, cresting a hill about 1500 yards from my turn in to the office parking lot... I could see that no law enforcement vehicles were present. Therefore, my body uncontrollably convulsed, shifted from 4th to 2nd (at 45mph) and jammed the gas.

The above convulsion caused A) the vehicle to abrubtly accelerate and B) pushing myself, and any unsecured items in the cabin backwards. The net result: most of my napkins broke loose from the sandwich and flew about the cabin... and out the window. :chuckle

I'd be looking closely for a "Loose Nut" Directly behind the steering wheel!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

It sounds like a weather related issue. Sudden changes in the barometric pressure coupled with the dew point can cause twitching in the elbows and wrist. Plus the sudden gust of straight line gravity on the gas at the same time seem to have caused what's called the "hold on to your lunch" effect. This condition is very rare. We normally see the "hold on to your hat" effect which is not nearly as messy as what you experienced.

You might consider looking for a direct short between the ears. :boogie:boogie
Andy :w

Hell Andy ,you we're young once ;LOL
Careful Now Fatt Boy,your talk'n to my pappy!!:L:L:L

I adopted him right after the real "Andy Anderson" died!!!:thumb

:D

;shrugyou could check out if it is on recall, you might even get your sandwich back;shrug

Look me square in the computer screen and tell me you've never had a spurt of slippery lead foot .:upthumbs

Never!! I did have the thottle body stick on the Z06 once,But I think that was due to GM might have used Toyota parts!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

There ya go, you should have never thrown away the DUCT TAPE... :dance

Bud

There ya go, you should have never thrown away the DUCT TAPE... :dance

Bud
Knowing Dave,He's got at least 6 rolls in the trunk!!:thumb

:D

Ok then…. Thru a process of elimination... I would have to concur with your diagnosis Jesse!
vVvVvVv

Guy's - c'mon... I sold the 74; I didn't throw it away. All the Duct Tape went to the new owner.

I've graduated from Kindergarden to 1st grade! :D

.... I was reading my owner's manual yesterday. Did you know you can shift into 1st gear up to 50mph in a Z06? It didn't say what would happen to the tires though. :chuckle

.... man my car sure smelled like burning asphalt when I got home.

I had a similar incident last week! On the 3rd drive after taking her out of winter storage, was driving my wife to work. (car was in winter storage) She was taking a sip of her coffee as I approached an intersection, light was green but noticed the walk signal was flashing, meaning it was going to yellow very soon. I punched it in 3rd, the accelerator, not the wife, and it resulted in coffee dribbling down over her mouth, down her neck, and onto her blouse. Only good outcome, no spillage onto the upholstery. Discussion that followed is unprintable.

Discussion that followed is unprintable.

:L Been There,Done That!! Still have "OOH-We" Knots on Head!!
:boogie:boogie:boogie

First - close the windows so you don't get a ticket for trashing the highway.
Second - keep the sandwich in its sack so it doesn't fly apart and all over the car
Third - downshift and let 'er rip (safely - don't do stupid).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom