Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Name the C4 Vettes (C3's,C2'sC1's have names)

wishuwerehere82 said:
" The Wedge "

Nope, I've got a Wedge parked out in the barn. 1980 Triumph TR7

Well, one thing is for sure, when the C5s come around to getting a perma-nick-name...
"Phat @$$" definitely sticks out! (no pun intended;)) ;LOL

:beer :upthumbs

Sting Rays to Steelbacks?

"And, as all the geezers here know, they didn't build a Sting Ray after 67"
Sorry ...certified Geezer here...69-76 were Stingrays (one word 2nd time around) ...removed in 77. As for the C4s...several things come to mind...they are all "injected" so Injectors is a possibilty. They replaced the old ladder frame with a steel backbone unibody setup...so Steelbacks has a ring to it. Sorta like the fighter/stealth theme...not nuts about the digital/techno theme although its true. Guess itll just be a C4 till I hear otherwise :)
Papa :w

This "C" generation stuff didn't come out until the C5 was about to pop out. Up until then, I knew them as "Straight Axles," "Sting Rays," "Sharks," and "Late Models." :) Well, you can't keep calling the "C4" a 'late model' if there is a new model coming. :ugh

In the end, it's the automotive press that will saddle the 84-96 generation with a name other than "C4." :cry Write your favorite Vette magazine's editor and ask him/her to start calling it by a name rather than "C4" and see if you get anywhere. :eyerole

I'll stick with C4 for now. :upthumbs

I still refer to the early Vettes by the previously accepted names, most of the time. Every now and then I catch myself saying C1, C2 or C3.
Before I'm too old to care, I'm sure someone will be listening to me call a '58 a straight-axle and they'll ask me what I'm talking about. :ugh

Papa said:
"And, as all the geezers here know, they didn't build a Sting Ray after 67"
Sorry ...certified Geezer here...69-76 were Stingrays (one word 2nd time around) ...removed in 77. As for the C4s...several things come to mind...they are all "injected" so Injectors is a possibilty. They replaced the old ladder frame with a steel backbone unibody setup...so Steelbacks has a ring to it. Sorta like the fighter/stealth theme...not nuts about the digital/techno theme although its true. Guess itll just be a C4 till I hear otherwise :)
Papa :w

"Injected/Steelbacks" has a nice ring to it.

Tiger Shark's, cuz we go into a feeding frenzy when we see stang's & ricer's:bu

I've been calling the C4 vettes the "Hi-TechVette" ever since they were first produced. Even the first commercial Chevy produced for the 84 Vette was promoting it as the "most technological advanced car on the planet."

I think the main reason the older cars had such descriptive names is because the times were more creative and colorful then they are now. Time have changed and now things are more generic.

1997 heralded in the era of the C5, in a era where it is cool to abbreviate and truncate everything; instantly the Solid, Mid-Year, Shark and Hi-TechVettes were now called C1, C2, C3 and C4.

I say call them what ever evokes the passion you feel for your Vette. Personally I like a more colorful description then C4. When people ask me what version vette I own, I tell them it is the Star Wars Vette because it is very much like a X-Wing fighter; with a sleek exterior and SciFi like interior.

PS I also like the fighter jet reference, like a F16 Fighting Falcon, but that was suggested in a previous post, long long time ago, in a thread far far away.:L

Some C4's already have a name its
THE KING OF THE HILL
Thats enough for me.:D

Seems we have already been pegged as the AeroVette, that's cool, cuz we shoot straight & true, leaving stang's & ricer's in a cloud of dust and smoke:lou

Race car set

Remember playing with race car sets as a kid and being able to throw those little cars through turns at unbelieveable speeds and they would just stick and keep going? I remember too. Thats why I like the name "slot car".

I don't really care much for these kinda threads, guess I'm not too creative, but I'd say slot car is quite apt ;)

Bill, That is a great pic with the stealth (?) :upthumbs

Star Wars Vettes

The Best Ever
I remember the first time I peaked inna 86 or smth , it had that space ship kinda interior , I was so stoked
But I call them C4s , mu mom calls her birdy . :)

THE Glass Cockpit Corvette.

I call mine....MISSED!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom