Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need advice over manual or automatic trans

Thanks for all of your help on this tough subject. I've decided that I'm going to buy a C5 with a 6 speed trans. I want black with black leather interior and I'm on the prowl for one now under 12 grand. I can't afford a c6 vette, but am overly happy about owning a c5. I love the smooth lines of the body. I'm going to try to drive it sensibly to not tear up clutches or wreck it! I know what American muscle does to my soul though! Thats why I have to buy the 6 speed.

I agree good choice. i own a C6 auto and a C5 stick. No question I like driving the C5 the most and in my opinion I think the C5 is the best looking vette ever!:beer

Manual

I had a 2002 that I drove hard in Europe...Nurburgring 4 laps and it was awesome! But, my 06 is an automatic and the only competitive thing to do here is drag racing and the auto is much more consistent and just as fast as the stick (with mods). Corvettes are fun no matter what your choice is in transmissions. Good luck and welcome to CAC

I agree good choice. i own a C6 auto and a C5 stick. No question I like driving the C5 the most and in my opinion I think the C5 is the best looking vette ever!:beer

I agree C5-especially the Z06 has the finest lines and shape in in all the C models---in Jan. we will know how the C7 looks---BTW Real sports cars shift gears-:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom