Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New C5 Owner

Congrats on your new C5. I just bought one myself in Nebraska. Anniversary Edition with 18,700 miles. Flew up there and drove it back to Houston. It was an awesome trip. I LOVE that car. Downside....I had to sell my C3 first, and just shipped it out to a bloke in AUSTRALIA. That was something. Anyway, here is a pic of my Chevy harem before I shipped the C3.

Congrats on dat new fandangled Computer Car.. At least it's a Vette.. :L
Now you're one of them, dont forget that.. Like C5-Guy.. ;LOL

(just kiddin, Guys. :D ).

Seriously, looks like a nice car that you and Nancy can enjoy the heck out of without having to work on it too much. :upthumbs

Sorry to see Rare go, but hopefully she'll go to a good home.. :cry

:w
-Stefan

Remember Bud,a C5 is just a "Fat well fed Shark"!!! To keep them Happy,they need a steady diet of Snake and Horse meat!!
(Cobras and Mustangs):Steer:lou:bu:bu:bu :D:D:D

Now Yoda, don't go thinkin' you're better than your old '81 buddies just cause you got a computer in your car!!! It all started with us ya know!! :chuckle Looks great old friend, enjoy!!!

-Tatortot

Bud - you did good. You'll love the C5 convertible. From the photos, I noticed that it is not a radio delete as was Rare; I am one of the fortunate ones that got to see Rare at CF07 and expect to see the C5 in Cleveland in 08. You'll also love the increase in gas milage when you drive her there. And any shade of Red is a great color. Welcome to the world of C5s. BTW, I think that Patrick waves from his C6 because he learned in his C5 Z06 as you learned in Rare. Doesn't matter what vintage the corvette is, the wave is a salute to one another as a matter of respect and mutual satisfaction that we are driving the best vehicle out there. I've been waving since 1960 and even today I have to catch myself when I start to wave at a corvette when I am in my truck or blazer; it's a natural reflex to me. Again congradulations. BTW, how long did it take you to find the C5? Seems like only yesterday that you made the announcement that you were looking for an AE.
Barrett

BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!! Love that exterior/interior combination! Congrats, Bud & Nancy! :w

Bud, once you get it you'll have to stretch her legs with a trip up north about 200 miles! I'm pretty sure that the AE will be a "bit" more comfy to drive than the 81, but I know how you'll miss it. Do you have any nibbles on it yet?

Retirement must be pretty good!

Anni. edition C-5

Congrats on your purchase, she is beautiful. I have a 2003 AE coupe and in the past i've owned a 1959, a 1979 a 1984 and now I have the 2003 coupe and without a doubt it's the best of the best. I still love my 84 silver coupe, but nothing runs like this C-5 LS-1. The only trouble I've had was the low sitting front end and trying to keep the paint clean and presentable. Good luck and enjoy yourself. And yes, I wave and frequently get a wave back. So the wave is alive!:)

Those 50th AE cars look GR8 and with the F55 shocks....mmm mmm GOOD! That will be one enjoyable C5, especially in curves! Have fun with her....DFO :D

The only trouble I've had was the low sitting front end and trying to keep the paint clean and presentable. Good luck and enjoy yourself. And yes, I wave and frequently get a wave back. So the wave is alive!:)
That's for sure. I don't want a bra on the nose, but I don't know anything else that gives enough protection. As for the low sitting nose, I angle my way into alot of driveways, and try not to back out to quick. :L The spoiler scraping sounds alot worst than it really is, but just the same makes you cringe. :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom