Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member, C-5 still stalls

Thanks, going to look anyway but I've had the battery out so I know there has been no leakage! Is there more than one ground there?

Thanks,

Lakotah, glad things are settling out. There are 2 star connectors. It is kind of a misnomer based on how the circuits are tied together in the computer world. The serial bus circuits are all tied together so the modules can communicate. Here is what they look like and a schematic.

Make sure you clear the codes so you can see if they come back.

1 Ground

Thanks, going to look anyway but I've had the battery out so I know there has been no leakage! Is there more than one ground there?

Thanks,

hoosierdaddy, There are 3 wires that are attached to the same post below the battery.

misnomer

Lakotah, glad things are settling out. There are 2 star connectors. It is kind of a misnomer based on how the circuits are tied together in the computer world. The serial bus circuits are all tied together so the modules can communicate. Here is what they look like and a schematic.

Make sure you clear the codes so you can see if they come back.

dadaroo, Looking at that connector, it would have never dawned on me that's a "star connector". The inside of it is very similar to the ground connector at ground points 3 & 4 that's on page 8-374 in the service manual. It appears that this particular connector in your pic is located by the BCM. I'm gonna check mine today. I've been getting in the habit of deleting what few codes I get now, after writing them down. Thanks for your help.

hoosierdaddy, There are 3 wires that are attached to the same post below the battery.

G104 and G108 are on the frame rail below the battery. My FSM titles G104 as for the instrument panel and G108 as for the forward lighting harness.

dadaroo, Looking at that connector, it would have never dawned on me that's a "star connector". The inside of it is very similar to the ground connector at ground points 3 & 4 that's on page 8-374 in the service manual. It appears that this particular connector in your pic is located by the BCM. I'm gonna check mine today. I've been getting in the habit of deleting what few codes I get now, after writing them down. Thanks for your help.

As shown in the schematic there are 2 connectors. One with 10 wires and one with 4. Both are to the left of the BCM. I am going to PM you with my phone number in case you need to discuss anything and I can provide an explained explanation of the serial bus and how it works if you desire. Mr. Sam

Sounds good. Going to be a while I'm down with brongitus and what ever else is out there floating around! Over Christmas really sucks but is what it is I guess! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas, with health, happiness and filled with joy for many years to com

-Bill

Last edited:
Still stalls

Well I'll tell you Toms007, what was I supposed to think after 3 attempts with no success to leave a reply during the day then I look at the last post on this thread and I read what gmjunkie writes? I'm not real savvy on signatures or other internet tricks of the trade sort of speak, so I'll have to take yours and Robs word on this issue. I really have no intensions of offending anyone and I have to extend my sincere apology to them.

I think myself that gmjunkie is somewhat touchy and should think more before he gets rude. I see no reason for an apology from you ;shrug

I think myself that gmjunkie is somewhat touchy and should think more before he gets rude. I see no reason for an apology from you ;shrug

I Would sure like to know what your problem with GMJunkie is. This is your second time ragging on him. I think maybe you ought to cool it some.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, I am new to this site. just trying to get a little advice, thanks anyway
No worries. You're fine.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, I am new to this site. just trying to get a little advice, thanks anyway

What do you need help on? If you do, we need you to create a new Thread and explain more fully.

Pm

As shown in the schematic there are 2 connectors. One with 10 wires and one with 4. Both are to the left of the BCM. I am going to PM you with my phone number in case you need to discuss anything and I can provide an explained explanation of the serial bus and how it works if you desire. Mr. Sam

dadaroo,
Been busy with the holidays and all. I'll give you a call sometime and we can chat a bit. I'm in Livermore California, the Sunshine state. We're constantly being sprayed from those big white unmarked jets that don't fly in any flight pattern. Scary stuff!
I still get a couple of communication codes. U1096,1064,1016. You know, writing this I just happened to wonder if they have anything to do with my drivers seat not functioning 100%. Since I cleaned every ground I could find, now the drivers seat always returns to where I programmed it to when I'm driving as far as moving forward, but the lumbar support and side bolsters, I guess you might say I've gotten accustomed to where they are and I only moved them just to change the way I sit from time to time. But thinking back I noticed the lumbar support and side bolsters haven't moved at all for some time even though I try to move them with the toggle switches in hopes they might start working again. I don't spend a lot of time driving around like I used to, so I haven't really paid too much attention to it. What do you think? Could those in-operative motors be my problem with these last few lingering codes? You know, I'll try hitting the memory button after the seat has stopped moving, clear any codes, then not touch the toggle switches after that and see if I get any codes for a few days.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm

6shooter,
JFYI, I've had 15 years of enjoyment driving, washing, maintaining and waxing my C-5. It's only recently have I had problems with it. Most of my latest repairs were to keep my C-5 in good running condition and some because of mis-leading help. It wasn't until I came to the "Corvette Action Center" was I put on the right track to repairing what was actually causing my problems. I have a corvette that looks and drives like a brand new one and I have no big monthly payment, I have a lower insurance premium and lower DMV fee. Plus I still get a lot of compliments on how my C-5 looks brand new. So, a "Lemon". I think not.

Those 3 U codes are fairly common since sometimes a module does not report exactly when it should. I think the vast majority of these codes are set because the individual modules can not report back a SOH (State Of Health) signal to the BCM at the appropriate time because they are busy or it just gets scrambled or lost somewhere in the system. If they were C's something else should show up. I do not think they are related to your seat motors. Clear them and see if they come back. ALWAYS pull your codes before you turn the car OFF and always report if they are H or C.

If you want to work on the seat issue later we need to create a new Thread since this one is getting really long.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom