Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old car guy but new to vettes

Don61

Corvette
1981 coupe white w/red int auto
Hi everyone, I'm a retired police officer (please don't hold that against me) that just purchased my first vette. It is an 81, white w/red interior, 350 (of course) auto. It's not a show car but it's a pretty nice 10 footer. It has 76000 miles & is mostly original except for the sidepipes. I've owned a bunch of musclecars/hotrods ( Chevelles, Roadrunners, 55 Chevy, Charger, etc) in my day but this is my first vette. I hope it turns out as well as I think it will.

Hope your "affair" with a Vette turns out alright also.

I went from muscle cars to Vettes back in 1991 and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, you're gonna like it......and thanks for your service by the way......I appreciate it!

White with a red interior is a nice color combo! :thumb
Congrats on your first Corvette and :welcome
And thank you for your service! :pat

:wJane Ann

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your remarks. As soon as I figure out how to post pics of my vette, I will. I'm sure I'll be talking to you all since I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions.:happyanim:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your remarks. As soon as I figure out how to post pics of my vette, I will. I'm sure I'll be talking to you all since I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions.:happyanim:

Don - check out the Help threads (marked Notice) in this forum: Site Help & Feedback

There are threads on re-sizing photos, posting photos, linking to photos, creating avatars, signatures, etc.
Hopefully you'll find one to aid you.

:wJane Ann

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!and congrats on the vette!!!!!!
be sure to stop by the L-81 registry and register your '81.
thanks!!!!

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!and congrats on the vette!!!!!!
be sure to stop by the L-81 registry and register your '81.
thanks!!!!

Thanks! I already registered my vette on the L81 site.

Don

Hi everyone, I'm a retired police officer (please don't hold that against me) that just purchased my first vette. It is an 81, white w/red interior, 350 (of course) auto. It's not a show car but it's a pretty nice 10 footer. It has 76000 miles & is mostly original except for the sidepipes. I've owned a bunch of musclecars/hotrods ( Chevelles, Roadrunners, 55 Chevy, Charger, etc) in my day but this is my first vette. I hope it turns out as well as I think it will.

Welcome to the CAC "Don61".

As for your car being a 10-footer....;LOL
Consider yourself lucky, dude!

I've got two older ones and my 71...it's a 30-footer. My '95 is a 20-footer.

Welcome to the Forum Don61. 81 is a great year Corvette. :w

Welcome aboard, Don61.

Thank you for your service and I hope you fully enjoy your retirement and your new-to-you Vette! No-one will hold your service against you here... or else they get to deal with me... :wtcslap

I was getting ready to retirement too but my wife & I are splitting so the boss gets to look at my mug for a few more years. You're likely familiar with the stats on cops and divorce. The fact we made it 20 years is almost miraculous but alas... :ugh

-Mac

Welcome to the CAC! And, nothing wrong with cops-- active, X or retired. There's a few of us out here!:thumb

Welcome aboard, Don61.

Thank you for your service and I hope you fully enjoy your retirement and your new-to-you Vette! No-one will hold your service against you here... or else they get to deal with me... :wtcslap

I was getting ready to retirement too but my wife & I are splitting so the boss gets to look at my mug for a few more years. You're likely familiar with the stats on cops and divorce. The fact we made it 20 years is almost miraculous but alas... :ugh

-Mac

Thanks Mac! I completely understand your situation. It took me three tries to finally get a keeper! I'm trying to enjoy retirement but I wasn't really ready, health issues forced it upon me. The vette has really helped my mental/emotional state so far.

Thanks Mac! I completely understand your situation. It took me three tries to finally get a keeper! I'm trying to enjoy retirement but I wasn't really ready, health issues forced it upon me. The vette has really helped my mental/emotional state so far.

Never good to hear that health issues are interfering. In the past two months, two of my coworkers have had minor heart attacks (if there is such a thing). In both cases, they're doing well but a huge wake-up call to everyone... :ugh

In many cases, the mental state leads the physical so hopefully your health will be looking up! The upside to being retired is you can now focus on taking good care of yourself and your needs... physical, mental, emotional, even spiritual if you're so inclined.

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom