Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Plastic Wiper Area Cover

R

Roy M

Just purchased one of these and the fit sucks. Seems like it is in a bind when I go to fasten it with the two-sided tape. The only way that I can get a good fit is to remove the stop for the wiper arms. Has anyone successfully installed one of these and also if I remove the stop, will that cause any problems.

Thanks

I have thought about installing one of these on my '75. I would be interested to know who you purchased this item from (without trashing whoever it was). I may want to try a different vendor.

I bought it from Corvette Central. The price was $49.95. I think that is about the going price from all the vendors. Also, I would bet that the part is the same from all the vendors. I don't think that it is their fault whatsoever. Think it will fit without any problem with the stop for the wipers removed. Will find out tomorrow and post the results.

I also bought mine from corvette cen., what I did was to put 2 slots in the cover to let it go inside the wiper stop, I used a dremel tool with a tube shaped burr, it works OK, although it moves a little bit when the wipers are running, I'm not sure how critical the stop is for the proper functioning of the wipers, I would ask for advice before I'd cut it off. Just my .02 :w

I did the same thing panhead did, I cut slots to fit it around the wiper stop. I installed it on my old '79 and it fit very well. I do not remember who I bought it from though. I would recommend not removing the wiper stop!

Installed one on my car, cut a slot for the wiper slot. I like it.

I have a 1980 and I purchased my cover from Eckler's. I removed the wiper arm stop with no problems at all with the wiper function. I used velcro strips instead of double faced tape. Mine looks great and doesn't move at all.

Just finished the installation. Cut a slot for the wiper stop and then fastened with four screws. Did not think the two sided tape was strong enough for a good fit. Still get a little movement of the cover where the wiper arms are attached to the motor but very miminal. Happy camper now. On to other stuff.
Thanks for all the replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom